The hidden feat: Back From the Hack 2011

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Skizo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

"The people that care about this feat are first class passengers on this train."

Geez, I'm out of it for a little while and everybody gets delusions of grandeur. :rolleyes:

The closest we have to "classes" among the players are the tiers of membership. Subscribers/Lifetime members, Premium players and Free-to-Play players. But at the end of the day we're all just players, and there are certain facts that we all have to live with.

I've been a Subscriber since I started playing and stuck through the game through the Hack. Beyond my sub I've spent more than a little bit of extra money on the game. And while I'm not a min/max player who lives at endgame, I've been a solid and consistent player over the past decade.

But if something happens where my sub lapses or for some reason I can't log into the game for a limited time event or giveaway? Sucks to be me.

Those people that want that cookie weren't here for it. They don't get to have it, and it doesn't matter one tiny bit how much time or money they've spent on the game. It doesn't matter how much they've dedicated themselves to the game. They missed out. Period. Acknowledge it and move on.
    • Like x 5
  2. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Can... we not ad hom? Not that you can't call someone out if you think they're being a joke, but bringing in that sorta thing is just uncalled for and really not cool. Just say "ok, I'm done." No need to go there.
    • Like x 3
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yes, I can see that. Is it four times or five times you've told me that, now?
    • Like x 2
  4. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I am talking about the people that buy all the artifacts, insane amounts of stabilizers, and 100s of billions of in-game cash for styles and feats.
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

At this point, if I were the Devs, I would just create a separate Sub-Forum ONLY for discussion of the Back From the Hack Feats and Gifts! All threads about them would be moved there, and the Forums would be setup with a keyword function where anytime someone puts "back from the hack" in the subject line of a new thread, it would automatically post their thread to that sub-forum, even if they were trying to post it in a different sub-forum! ;):p
    • Like x 1
  6. MrStoob Well-Known Player

I'm still hoping that DC/WB/DB/SpongeBob will grace us with another period some day. Not bothered about the feat really, just want a Superman emblem. :)
    • Like x 2
  7. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Agreed. Perhaps it was a tad aggressive.
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The amount of money (real and in-game) they've spent on artifacts, stabilizers, styles and feats has nothing to do with it and does NOT entitle them to any kind of special treatment. The amount of money I've spent on the game would mean nothing if I were unable to log into the game for something exclusive or limited time, and the same holds true for every other player in the game.

They weren't here for the feat. They missed out. It happens. Acknowledge it and move on.
    • Like x 3
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Do you live on planet earth? Here... on earth... the more money you spend pretty much everywhere or on everyone... the better you are treated, and they aren't asking for much, man.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Here, on Earth, if there's a limited time sale at a store (say a one to two day doorbuster sale around the holidays) and you miss it, you aren't going to get those doorbuster deals if you come into the store a day late. The amount of money you spend/spent at the store won't matter. You missed the sale. You missed your chance.

The devs spelled things out pretty clearly from the start in regards to money spent. A premium player who spends hundreds on the game but doesn't subscribe is still a premium player. They don't get any of the benefits that come from subscribing. Likewise, if a player subscribes but the sub lapses or is cancelled, they lose all the benefits that come from subscribing and become premium players. The amount of money they spent on their subscription before the lapse/cancellation moves them to premium membership, but that's about it. Even if they subbed for years, that's all they get for the money they spent on their subscription.

That's the way things work here. How you spend your money will determine things more for players than how much they spend.

And what those people are asking for was part of both a "thank you" from the company for sticking with the game and an apology for having their personal and/or financial information put at risk or actually compromised. Hand out that feat or any of the other gifts that were given as a result of the Hack and you not only cheapen the gift given but you also destroy any goodwill that was generated by the company for providing those gifts.

So yeah, they are kinda asking for much. The powers-that-be must feel the same as well, seeing as how they haven't changed their minds over the past 10 years. At all. Despite the ownership and management changes that have taken place, they've not budged.

Perhaps folks should take a hint from that fact.
    • Like x 5
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

You're only talking about 1% of the games population. And a good portion of the elitists have been around long enough to actually have that feat. Which makes the group you are defending even smaller than that 1% lol.
    • Like x 2
  12. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Doesn't care, but keeps posting.....makes sense
    • Like x 2
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Haha I have all the above. And didn't need to spend hundreds of dollars. Feels good to work hard to be in first class, at the front of the train, and away from the beggar peasants in the back. You sound upset
    • Like x 1
  14. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Your comparison is silly because this isn't a product with a supply that runs out or requires labor or transportation or much of anything, but the rest of your post makes sense. It just doesn't solve the issue or propose any solutions to the problem that is over 9000 topics regarding this feat so I don't understand why you'd even bother.
  15. PHNTM Well-Known Player

It's not an issue that needs solving though. So proposing any solutions is irrelevant. Dev's have addressed this in the past, factual information has also been provided as to why it was given but the entitled still won't take that as an answer. You also seem to not accept the answers already given, trying to use someone's net spend in the game as a reason they should have everything and anything they want.

Here's a perfect solution, set-up keywords for the forums that deletes any threads created with requests for the hack feat. Simple, solution found. Move on.
    • Like x 2
  16. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Anyone who did not have to Suffer your game crashing for casting inferno doesn't deserve this feat. End of Story.
    • Like x 1
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The issue/problem is pretty much one that those who don't have the feat are making for themselves.

Normally I try to be as diplomatic as possible about things, but my patience is wearing thin today. To put it bluntly, it's their own hang-up and it's long since past the time for them to put on their big kid pants and get over it.
    • Like x 4
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

• Like x 1
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I ain't got it.

I don't want it.

Come challenge me to a duel to see whether or not I need it.

- Go to sleep
    • Like x 1