The Grind [CUT IT IN HALF]

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yvtq8k3n The 7, Jul 9, 2022.

1. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    I think the current grind is just 2 overwhelming. Everything in this game requires a heavy grind.
    How can a normal person keep up grinding 300marks+ just to finish a set from the previous DLC...
    Artifacts are XP and catalyst grinding
    Allies and their catalysts also require a huge amount of XP investment and source marks. I think more steps should be done to heavily reduce the grind.
    • Like x 1
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I doubt it will happen as long as it incentivizes people to use the Marketplace to reduce the grind that way, but I support the change.

I do appreciate they are making some strides to improve avenues of obtaining everything you mentioned. The update to the Fate vendor was welcome, at least to me.
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Or. Or.. OR… you can work smarter?

Arts a grind to max? Take advantage of the MANY art related events available throughout the year. Allies a grind? Same thing as arts but less types of events. Need more source marks? Find faster ways to make SMs and take advantage of the MANY ark related events.

This game isn’t as grindy as you make out out to be. If you think this is grindy than you shouldn’t play other MMOs.
    • Like x 6
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Some things here are a grind, but realize, they are timed as well: meaning you're not meant to be maxed out on things in a week. It's a building process, and Rome wasn't built in a day. As deity stated, take advantage of the bonuses they offer.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, it's all been very grindy lately. The biggest thing I can suggest is don't worry about it. Unless you are trying to be top of the board, or one of the 'lete players in game, work on the stuff as it comes. If you pop that 'kill 500 bat demons' feat in a week or month or into the next dlc, no worries. Same with the gear. I still need a piece or 2 of doomed stuff....and since it wont' do anything for me CR wise, I won't buy it till i hit 999 coins and need to spend or till it hits EEG or spotlight and the prices are reduced. "Oh NO"...I'll miss out on that .5 SP for a few months. Jeez...guess I'll just cry a lot....not.

I mean you do you, but if the grind is making it not fun, it's not worth doing IMHO. Burnout due to grind is one of the reasons I've heard a lot of people I know say is the reason they don't play anymore.
    • Like x 2
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

You can cut it 100% off by not playing the game.
    • Like x 1
  7. UT Firefly Well-Known Player

right i cant agree more and for the ones who disagree here how many of you guys are in big leagues and get here a** drag trought that game im sick of such guys who talk trash if someone talk about problems this game have but i got a suggestion 1 sourcemarks per raid so this got damn big leagues feel how bad it is to work weeks for reach small targets bcs the leagues dont care about low lvl ppl!!!!!!
  8. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Let’s see.. I am in 2 leagues. My friends league who is a good size and my personal league where I keep most of my toons and it’s just me. I’m not having any issues. I also pug most of the time so even thou I’m in a decent sized league I’m still pugging. So let’s break it down shall we?

How does having a league help with art leveling?
    How does having a league help with ally leveling?

Both of which have internal timers for drops.

Having a league can help get SMs but so does being smart and knowing how to farm SMs.
    Having a league can help with getting SP. But let’s be real you only need enough to max out your primary stat and crits. So around 400 is more than enough. You can get to that without stepping into raids.
    Having a league can help with farming exobytes. But like SMs so does being smart and knowing how to farm it.
    Having a league can help with getting higher CR but you can get to 370 without ever stepping into group content or even buying any vendor gear at all.

Having a league does not magically make you play better. There’s no substitute for knowing how the game works. I even wrote a mini guide on artifacts so the information is literally available for anyone to look up. You can either do things the slow way without trying to learn if there’s a better way to do things or you can put minimal effort and do even the littlest bit of research.
  10. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Umm..

The grind was already cut in half; it takes literally half the time it used to to level a character from Tutorial to CR 30. Most of the crafting is now an auto grant feat. We dont have to do those "defeat 400+ enemies for a feat" anymore. Content that is deprecated give source mark boxes for content currency, which makes it a little easier to catch up with older content.

I have more than a few previous DLC's to catch up with; however, it also means that I have something to do if I am finished with my grind for the new content for the day.

Since the new content doesn't release until October, you have plenty of time to catch up if you manage your time correctly. Completing content in a very short amount of time brings to question if the game is really worth playing, especially if you pay for a subscription.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, I'd guess some people are in that situation, but I'm in 3 different leagues (well all told I'm in like 6 or 7, but on 'active' toons...3). 1 is where my main is and there is 1 other person who plays a few times a week, but she does not really work on feats, so if we run, we just run some casual stuff. The 2nd is one I run with my main running buddy in game. It's his league so I brought a toon over to help with prestige. It's me him and 1 other guy. The 3rd is my private league where I have all my farmer alts. They don't all run but they are 35 of 'me'. And while I do sometimes run duos and alerts(and a few raids) with myself, I'm not sure you can say I'm 'dragging myself' along...as I'm the dragger and draggee in that case. Most of my running is with pugs and a few people who are in a few private chats I have and we'll run whatever someone needs most times. Sometimes It's me needing something...sometimes it's someone else.

So spot-on analysis there...it's like you are in my room watching or something. Uncanny.

BTW....between all my main toons I have over 60K source...and never spam. It ain't that hard.
    • Like x 1
  12. UT Firefly Well-Known Player

fine i may overreact but lets be honest in a an bigger league u automaticly got an bigger chance run more raids as alone and the raids seems to be the only usefull point with bountys were u can get sourcemarks...

let me make it abit more easy to understand witch really options u got alone ? wait until the lazy ppl move here but and say we do an bounty here...or do them alone even like i do most of the time?.....wait ages for raids bcs ppl prefer to stay useless at little bohemia an play barbie with her chars...sry but a real chance to get some artis in a good way up isnt there all u can do is run the same duo 100 times a day

witch brings me to the point why are bountys still loot locked? i dont talk about the current episodes there i understand it but all that was before are too
    why the hell do we only get more and more stuff we have to pay so many sourcemarks but no real way to earn them?

i did all possible ways in this game to earn stuff but the point is we need more support from daybreak to earn stuff arent we pay enough for this game allready do they really need to ..well more or less force us to buy game chaniging stuff?

and well an example i forgot i was have an friend who was plan his whole day just to reach the stuff he need here uhm? how do that sounds? ...the point is what many ppl dont see i think a game should be fun for the person who play it and not make him scared of lose to mutrch time bcs he may has to be scared to never be able to catch up again...but thats exactlly what we get here an game witch needs mutch more time to grind as it is even nearly made to have fun
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I agree...if you are in a big league with active players, it IS easier to get stuff done. And if your friend is planning his whole day around getting things done in this game...well, he needs a different hobby maybe. As I said originally (before you started leaning towards SM 'rarity'), the grind is what you make it. If it's too much, dial it back a bit.

So your fix is not actually 'reduce the grind' it's 'looking for a league'. There is a league recruitment area of the forums here. Hope that helps. And before you say 'leagues only want high level players', that's not true of all of them. What a lot of leagues don't want however is people who don't know how to get stuff done, regardless of CR/SP/Artis. Or people that whine about stuff that they could make better on their own. Build a bounty hunting group each week....or FOS3/DD spam. Run a few alts through omni for the extra source for the weekly boxes. Hit the non bounty 8 mark missions in the open world areas. Or are you saying you can't pick up 100 treasure boxes in Atlantis without a league/Group? 'no real way to earn them'.... Out of the things I dislike about the current state of the game, source mark availability is not one of them....however, I never had an issue before the clamp/changes either.

Now if you want to complain about getting feats, sp, working up your artis/allies....yeah...there is a LOT of grind there...SM? Nah, not that. But it's an MMO, grind is part of the package. If you want some quick action you can get in and get out on, I hear COD is pretty fun.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

First of all. This is an MMO. So the main focus is group content, mainly raids. A lot of bounties can be soloed easily and without doing anything special. Look at the E3 bounties. 8 marks for an easy fight. If they removed the loot lock from open worlds than this would severely cut the amount of people running raids which can be faster but when you have a coordinated group. In general this is where the game wants players to be. Raids.

As for arts. What are you talking about? Who is telling you to spam duos for arts? This is what I meant when I said do some actual research. I even mentioned you could look up most info in a guide.

And yes there are a lot of ways to get SMs. Thursdays there are a lot of players doing t5 bounties. There are some weeklies than can be soloed because they are gathering quest or they involve killing easy open world adds. There are some alerts than can be done is a relatively fast time for a decent amount of SMs. You can run a particular solo with head augments to get fast soloed marks. You can do the current EG bounties/raids each week so that you hit 999 by the time a dlc gets turned to EEG for SM convergence. You can take advantage of double SM week event ti stockpile on SMs. You can join SM farm raid groups to get SMs.

As for your friend and need being driven by fear to avoid a catch up? I’ve taken multiple breaks throughout the time I’ve played the game. Haven’t had any issue catching up. If there’s a particular area you are having a hard time catching up in than I suggest stop complaining and start asking how to do things more efficiently.
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yeah, but then everyone'll start complaining that there's not enough to do. . .
    • Like x 1
  16. UT Firefly Well-Known Player

well im not here since yesterday im an active gamer here too like i say I DO ALL BOUNTYS ALONE IN ONE WEEK EVEN WITH 3 CHARS

i was try more than once to build bounty hunter groups even offering special chat channel for ppl who care about doing so ppl can get teams fast but what should i say no one and i mean NO ONE CARES this game shows me in the last years you better count on yourself as at any other guy here......

so why im talking about sourcemarks and why they a pain to get....we get nearly everytime new allys new artis witch are better as other for some play styles now try to lvl them if one legenfary alliance costs 35 source marks..

.and now thtas not all in the same time u wanna get your arti done witch again are alot of marks ...next problem...we need sometimes 100...150 or even more source marks for an silly little chroma from an episode just to get an feat witch offers an half skillpoint...and what do we get in one week? if i do all bountys its between 200 and 300 sm ...so yh were i used it for to get my arti up my ally or get an chroma witch again may gives u an half skillpoint...

i play games for years now maaany years and this here too but the point is this game isnt anything like fun anymore it became and full time job were i dont get money for no i have to spend money for it...

so tell me were is the use if games make u feel totally lost in were you dont know were you should start...

all i talk about is that solos and duos can drop 3-4 marks i dont want 5000 for one second of work but i also dont wanna wait ages until some lazy kids move her butt up from lb and join a raid were i in the end get 8 sourcemarks from this game is just totally unbalanced in my eyes

and yes it is an mmorpg and yes we should be busy here but we also should see that our work pays off
  17. Monkeyboy Committed Player

MMO=grind. There's plenty of ways to cut the grind down. From buying it from Marketplace to leveling an alt of two. I think current players lack the simple foresight. Alts have been used for farming XP reagents for many games. It's about time people think a little harder than just opening their eyes.
    • Like x 2
  18. Devilman78 New Player

You should try a Korean MMO now those are a grind
  19. myandria Item Storage

Well,

When a game feels like a frustrating full time job and you are not getting paid to play that game, t's time to take a break in my opinion. There is no shame in that; I've done it quite a few times by taking a couple of weeks off if I start to feel very frustrated. With the daily rewards system it's easier than ever to take a break and not miss out on much; log in, get your daily reward, log out.
    • Like x 2
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

See, but you are not supposed to do them alone...yes, you can...yes...I do that too sometimes, but ideally you can get a group going or join one. If you are not having a lot of luck with that....well I guess that's unlucky. I'm guessing you are in EU? In US, there seem to be groups doing them most times of the day most days (but more on Thursday-Friday after reset).

Anyway, maybe if that's a problem for you, you don't really need to pick up 'every' ally (or I assume Pets?). The chromas/materials that are tied to new feats dont' use SM...they use episode currency, so if you are buying those with SM, I can only assume you are playing catch up...and yeah, if you plan on catching up in a 11+ year old game...it's going to be a grind.

Not sure who all the 'lazy kids' are...you talking in an Omni run? Either way....good luck I guess. I doubt they will be unlocking OW bounties, and I'd guess they believe they cut the grind down when opening up all EEG instanced content to unlimited farming already.
    • Like x 2