The Facts On 1H

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Frankzilla, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Frankzilla Committed Player

I will start off by saying 1h is not op and that other weapons need correction.

I challenge anyone live now to go run a full nex raid and dox raid (no bosses out) using only the 1h and you will understand where im coming from.

I've done it so I can say that the only situation in which 1h is supreme is when leaving bosses out in dox.
    The more bosses left out the more it becomes strictly single target.
    In that situation alone is where 1h thrives.

So videos taken doing epic odd feat runs are not clear on the 100% potential of the 1h neither are ones with sparring targets because aoe situations are not being accounted for.

So like I previously said I challenge anyone live to run a full nex or dox run using only 1h post a vid or take a snap shot of the scoreboard and my point will be proven.

When 1h is used and all situations are accounted for it is very balanced.

Any power but celestial because they dont even need a weapon lol.
    • Like x 1
  2. Poo New Player

K :rolleyes:
    • Like x 5
  3. Eminence Dedicated Player

o_O
    • Like x 2
  4. Covalence New Player

Are you saying that because using 1h alone can't keep up with people using powers from their loadout...it's not op? o_O
  5. D0SE New Player

6. Shinzumakami New Player

People use raids as a cover up to not rage about losing their PvP advantage?
    • Like x 2
  7. Bobburt Committed Player

When you say "using only 1h," do you mean literally only 1h? Or do you mean 1h and powers? Cause we've done the latter quite a few times in both Nexus and Paradox, and the former once in Nexus as a test.

WIth 4 dps spamming 1h Focused Blast in Nexus, we did it in 14 minutes before game update 32.
    • Like x 4
  8. Frankzilla Committed Player

No if I am misunderstood I correct it now. I mean do a entire run using only 1h as your weapon dont switch between weapons for aoe situations. Because most ppl use rifle or blasters for aoe and 1h use to be dw for single target. So do regular loadout rotation but with only 1h as weapon the entire raid vs other ppl using rifle and blasters for the entire raid.
  9. compasionate grenade Committed Player

10. Frankzilla Committed Player

1h and powers vs other ppl using rifle and blasters plus powers the entire raid. If ppl choose to do dox do it with no bosses out so the aoe situations in dox are accounted for also.
  11. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

This is code for boo hoo i cant spam triangle anymore and do massive damage i actually have to learn to dps now
    • Like x 4
  12. compasionate grenade Committed Player

I challenge u to show a live video showing 1h isn't op, in nexus or paradox wave- no bosses out.
    • Like x 1
  13. Frankzilla Committed Player

If your just sitting there allowing yourself to be focus blasted in pvp that says a lot about you.
    • Like x 1
  14. Bobburt Committed Player

We tested that in Nexus also before gu32. One dps was Celestial, the other was Nature I believe.

Both only had their precision buffs on their bars, no other powers. The Celestial used Handblasters' Solar Flame only + Annoint, and the Nature dps used 1h Focused Blast only + Carnage.

The Nature dps still came out on top by 500k. You'd think with all the aoe in Nexus that Handblasters might win, right? Nope.
    • Like x 3
  15. Frankzilla Committed Player

Thats funny I can do my hardlight clips perfectly fine with 1h rifle blasters dual wield brawling staff even the bow so im fine brother im just stating facts here. 1h only thrives in strictly single target situation s. Now can someone use facts to refute my claim or is this gonna be bickering because ppl been losing to 1h users and or not included in dox runs with bosses out because they dont use 1h.
    • Like x 1
  16. Frankzilla Committed Player

Any video. Were they equally geared were their stats equal how many times did each die? I mean there is a lot of variables to be accounted for before there is a true answer.
    • Like x 2
  17. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

A thread about facts with no facts. How nice.

I already ran a weapons test a few days ago across all weapons and combos, and 1h came out on top becuase it's damage is improperly scaled. It's always been off scale. Back when everybody else caught on that staff's charged shot was very powerful and were crying nerf, I underlined that 1h fell into the same category, doing roughly half the damage in half the time of the staff's shot (basically even standing, so whatever dps math a prior dev did to come to these dps conclusions, they were used on at least these two weapons). The staff was nerfed, 1h was not.

The staff was recently tweaked (as was rifle's mortar cancelling bug), as were handblasters. 1h, however, again was not touched. Finally the devs realized the mistake, but appear to have once again over corrected. There's still imbalance across all the ranged attacks, from charges, holds and taps. There's also problems with the damage scaling when shot early at certain invervals of the charge itself. The cancelled charge is still a charge, and thus the scale from 0-100% charge needs to evenly reflect all the way up, and not skew more damage only at the end.

The time factor in all of these attacks must include...
    * The total time it takes for the attack animation to begin, and the time it takes for the projectile itself to hit the target.
    * Charge level at the point of early firing
    * Charge attacks must always be more powerful than fast firing hold ranged attacks, not on the same level, and definitely not weaker, as this is ignoring the time spent charging (which should be directly scaling according to a global dps rule).

Other solutions...
    * It's possible that much can be remedied by giving all charge attacks a base hit range on par with simple holds, so when cancelled early they still do damage in the same range as a full charge. The charge itself can be altered to scale the probability that the attack will trigger a control effect (dom/resto scaled). IE: A fully charged focused blast can cause a knockback on top of the BB. Attacks with long animations like the hammer throw and dual wield throw will hit twice, with each attack being on par with every other hold ranged attack, with the second attack featuring a fully scaled control chance. If cancelled early, the first hit will connect (no CC effect on first hit), 2nd is cancelled. All such attacks would be jump cancellable.
    • Like x 1
  18. Poo New Player

NOT included in Dox runs for NOT using 1hand?

You must be PS3/4. I have never heard of this before.
  19. Frankzilla Committed Player

If this test you speak of was on sparring targets you did not read my initial statement correct. I said sparring target is not a pure 100% show 1h potential "ranged" because its not a contrast between multiple weapons at once in a aoe situation. Now generally speaking to do a test wit 1h ranged attack on sparring targets it gonna look the way because single target is its strong suit now for example. Me and league mates go in dox we leave 2 bosses out 1 league mate has blasters 1 has rifle I have 1h. We go into two tunnels they are doing better then me because of adds and everything then we fight two bosses out plus tyrant and I catch up and surpass because it had became a strictly single target fight.
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Lol one handed if OP as heck!! I've ran wave with only one handed and carnage only and put up better nbers than most people lol. Stop crying cause you can't focus blast your way to the top of the scoreboard anymore. To many people leaned on one handed like a crutch I'm glad it over!!!

Haha get good!!
    • Like x 2