The End of DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Babylon, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Dark Babylon Active Player

I know many people are engaged in catastrophic thinking and believe that game update 36/weapon mastery will be the end of DCUO. It's not. Game update 36 is going to be amazing! But furniture in lockboxes? Yeah, that's going to kill the game tomorrow. Fix this. Now!
  2. Meta Flare New Player

What? There's already base items in lock boxes
    • Like x 3
  3. Mei Ritsuko Well-Known Player

And people still talking about the end of DCUO?....Not suprised :cool:
    • Like x 2
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I think he wants base items taken out of lockboxes.
    • Like x 9
  5. SKAVANGER408 New Player

What you don't like getting all of those warrior statues?
    • Like x 9
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Also I need to check the list of upcoming MMOs to see what the next "killer" of this game will be, and what's after that, and after that etc.
    • Like x 8
  7. Meta Flare New Player

Wild star
    • Like x 1
  8. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Just check out what's coming to the playstation since that's the only way DCUO will die.

But Destiny looks pretty good.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dark Babylon Active Player

Street Kombat Forever Winter War Trek Online might also be another nail in the coffin.
    • Like x 3
  10. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

waiting for a fallout mmo.
    • Like x 8
  11. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Who doesn't? Now that game would put a serious dent in any mmo population.
    • Like x 1
  12. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

lol. yes it would, see you there.
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

The death of DCUO will be when everyone is so overgeared that the gear exceeds the content and the raid groups will turn into 5-1-1-1. That will be the death. Heck people are already leaving now because of the trolling and healing issues now.
    • Like x 1
  14. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

No joke. This. This needs to be priority #1 for the devs. The next wave of gear is only going to backlash against the community by allowing over-geared players to run amok in lower tier content and teach to new players just how needless support roles are, and that's not including the damage to the community when fighting and namecalling (rampant atm) ensue. Tanks can't do their jobs because DPS with more defense than the tank (sans buffs they are oblivious to) can rush ahead of them with little penalty. Healers are doing less healing and (in sorcs case) relying on a stupid pet that can't react as fast as manually controlled heals can. Trollers will never have enough vit, and lowbie dps' will get kicked when the shenanigans backfire more so than the overgeared idiot dps that should be kicked.

It's bad enough as it is now. It's going to be worse with tier 6, because every derp is going to want to brag about being full t6 and then show off in old tier content. Same happened w/t4, t5, and will continue.
    • Like x 4
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

Just saw my friend beat the new alert with 4 dps on the test server. Now the game is dead.
    • Like x 1
  16. Kristyana New Player

Hello Kitty Island Adventure Online 2
    • Like x 10
  17. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

I
    i hope they adjust it
  18. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

That would turn me away from this game, no doubt
    • Like x 2
  19. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

see you there as well.
  20. The_fair_1 Committed Player

The only killer of dcuo is the amount of challenging new content. The devs barely release any content per dlc and the little content of that that is challenging is soon nerfed to be done by anyone.