The curse of eog

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Stanktonia, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Eog has gotten nature nerfed (now somewhat underperforming) , healer shields nerfed, and presumably, it will fund the same fate to gadgets and electric too. So, the question I want to prompt asks; why is eog being worked around, instead of eog being worked on? Eog has been the catalyst fueling the over performance in certain metas and powers, yet eog isn’t, and hasn’t been the item to get adjusted, why?
    • Like x 2
  2. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Because people pay more for their Arts than Respecs.

AFAIK there has always been a precedent for adjusting Powers. The only Art (to my knowledge) that have been altered, after people put money into it, was VWD. That came with a "deal" on refund, that people took offence to.

If the precedent gets set, that Arts are susceptible to change, people might stop paying for them.
    • Like x 5
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Because players paid money for them so the forums would erupt in people claiming it’s unfair so they want a refund. I too personally believe that eog should be adjusted and I have it. But it shouldn’t be nerfed to the ground either. A simple fix would be to add a 22 second cooldown from the EoG to proc again. I say 22 because it should still synergize with soul cloak. Most SCs are on a 30 second timer and using the soul cloak put them at 21-22 second cooldown. This will mean that players can still use this synergy but can’t abuse the artifact with 2 supercharge builds.

From their they can adjust nature and finally change wolf and bug form to be non supercharges. Yes they lose out on eog wolf/bug but instead they can use a real SC which is an overall buff imo.

IMO this isn’t a hard thing to adjust. But it’s about what the devs want to deal with.
    • Like x 6
  4. Lowest New Player

I'm pretty sure EOG has already been nerfed in the past
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Is this in response to Gadgets and Eletric?
    • Like x 1
  6. L T Devoted Player

Because the Dev team likes supercharge. Players like using their Supercharge abilities also. It's a win/win.

There were a number of issues with Nature making it over-perform, unrelated to EoG.

The "Shield Meta", while it lasted was also arguably a cheesy play style even without EoG-- Gemini just made it obvious. Be thankful, because that correction made Nature a much more viable healer.

Gadgets may see a slight adjustment. Its issues have nothing to do with EoG.

Electric's Circuit Breaker has already been nerfed once. It may get adjusted again if all the other Supercharges ever get updated. We'll see.

I've seen complaints about Nature in several threads. I don't really get them. I don't have problems building and maintaining supercharge when I play nature. Nature has the Luxury of having access to 3+ loadouts without having to use an armory. Plus those awesome dots that stack and can get refreshed. Between those DoTs and Iconic/Movement bursts, does everybody really have problems keeping up as Nature?
    • Like x 2
  7. jolaksi Well-Known Player

EoG already got adjusted with SC changes. They did it this way because, like others said above its a paid item and making changes to that kind of item is harder than adjusting supercharges overall.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...acts-and-balance-changes.301351/#post-4222604

Exactly 1 year ago someone attempted to make EOG nerf thread(s) which lost in abyss or got no attention from devs since they already adjusted it. There are also your inputs on of these threads:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...c-increase-to-5000.312696/page-3#post-4377244
    • Like x 2
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

EoG is only a "problem" for Powers/loadouts that can't utilize 2 (or even 3) Supercharges.

What I kind of dislike with the EoG-Meta as a heal is that it makes all healing powers the same.

Prio
    Group
    Shield
    SC
    SC
    SC or wildcard heal
    • Like x 1
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

they nerfed precision across the board instead of addressing tornado pull, dervish, or gadgets - I'd call it par for the course...
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I actually did my first raid with an electric EOG build today using the two SC method but aside from the shield, my heals were Electrogenesis, Arc Lightning, and Galvanize. No wipes, regular difficult, but still - it was a departure from the norm I think there's room to go off script, if you're comfortable with it.
  11. Tilz Loyal Player

Yes and no.
    In regular content you have a lot of room to play around. You could also go 3 SC with SC-Generator and Prio + groupheal.

In elite I wouldn't do it.
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

all for wolf and bug being removed as supercharge I would even add dog to that list as come on who really is dog hurting hes a good boy/girl :D

as far as your other changes sound reasonable also
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Uuuummmmm yea so solar amp after over a year of people investing into it and it got the nerf bat because “reasons”