The community really sucks now

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Oct 20, 2023.

1. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Joined this one alert called "Fatal Exams"

Don't know much about it, no one explained.

This one dude started to call us trash and pathetic because we didn't know how to do the mechanics apparently?

I asked if he will help us, he said nope.

I got kicked out of the group

what?
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

That is one alert that people messed up when when it was the current content and people ran it daily … it was a nightmare back then with random queue not shocked it still is …. The mechanics are fun but tricky .. I’m sure there are videos out there that can explain it for you now … I can’t remember all of them as I haven’t been in it in years otherwise I’d tell you section by section what you’d need to do.

Youre better off not staying in a group with someone like that consider it a blessing you got kicked
    • Like x 4
  4. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Yea, it was just some random group. I just started some random omni and well, got bad luck with my team.

What is funny is that the guy kicked me was playing the guitar emote and let us die in one of the rooms. I said to kick him, but I think he initiated the kick after that. Since I was in combat, he probably ninja voted against me and the other two just pressed yes without reading.
  5. Grip Committed Player

Mannn, thiat is a tough one. My first question when I read it was, did a less-experienced player ask anything in group chat or just grit their teeth and try to determination their way to a passing grade? The solutions in there may not seem obvious right away, but not doing something right kinda does. Your follow-up post, as you mentioned, probably explains the kick (which sux bth,).

lol Actually if it was a random omni solo q, I'd call out the devs for playing a cruel joke on you. My take is the social literacy on display was a bit too low for that particular run, and that's the culprit. Even without a vet, 4 cooperative players could've sorted through it. That said, if you point blank asked Will you help us? and got a Nope.... that's problematic. Sorry to hear it, but try not to give up on the community at-large, bud :)
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Oh man… I try not to remember that alert. Very mechanical and on a time crunch.

I don’t remember all the stuff but the first boss is hitting the cogs at the right time to match the color of the boss shield in order to remove it to do damage. So no melee, ikr?, who cares, tank in middle and then each gets a cog spot.

Going onto 2nd boss, the wind tunnel!!!!!! Need 3 ppl minimum. It’s a formation thing tbh. You have to hold block the entire time or you get flung back. How you move is to roll yourself. So 2 ppl roll forward to the black spots to make the current strip disappear WHILE 1 player stays on black spot to keep that strip from killing the 2 players going up (iirc).

2nd boss is easy as it’s something with the corners of the room that pops up, I don’t remember much on that one.

Then last boss room, so many mechanics!! Create the machine thingy, so, SPLIT UP and grab a piece and bring to middle and grab a color cog and bring to opposite side of room. (Do that twice? Opposite side then original side, iirc) It’s really easy to do, but ya know.

Now there is a laser that will follow someone that is color coded to the floor pads to expose them. You need to be quick about this and pay attention. Who ever it follows needs to be on the far side of the pad otherwise the laser will not hit it. If the laser is not on you, DO NOT GO NEAR THE CURRENT PAD, (for heavens sake!!!). Also, the laser beam has a pattern to it, so yeah, pay attention. Repeat till done then kill bosses.

Lots of stuff, easy if you coordinate and know the stuff, and this is from memory years ago so I think I figured it out…
  7. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

My issue is I just don't remember the mechanics to the alert. I do remember getting everything down pat perfect when it was new content but few times I've tried rerunning it no one seemed interested in figuring things out and just tried running ahead as quickly as possible...
    • Like x 1
  9. inferno Loyal Player

First off, this is one of the problems with the random queue of Omnibus. DCUO has a LOT of alerts and raids that's been piling up over a decade. As others have said try to learn the mechanics if they're available somewhere in the net. But then the queue is completely random so unless a player studies up all the mechanics in all the alert and raids; you just kinda have to hope you remember them or at least the majority of the group knows what to do.
    As others have stated Fatal exams, you need at least one other player who knows and willing to cooperate with you.

Second, in your case; mechanics has barely anything to do with the degree of toxicity of the player base or that particular player. Some people, in life, just does not have a lot going for them. In order to feel good about themselves, they put other people down. Hiding behind the anonymity of a computer screen, it's easier to let whatever little sense of respect they have, that have been instilled in them, towards other human beings.

Keep that in mind. Try to let it go and move on; such is life.
  10. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

I got q 4 this a couple weeks ago. I did try to explain but I was typing cause no 1 was in chat but this alert has so many mechanics that it is a pain to type it all and of course they wouldn't come to chat so I can explain. Back in the day I did run this daily when it was out but with league people every time with maybe 1 pug.

To be fair alit of players rush into stuff without a clue and alot of the time without a tank so when the alert or raid has mechanics it can turn into the worst nightmare
  11. VariableFire Loyal Player

It's been a while since I've played this in Omni but I swear the only two mechanics that were important were the first and last ones, and potentially not even the first one depending on burn. Only one person needs to match the cogs to the shields and frankly it's usually better that way since trying to coordinate three people to hit the cogs is almost always a disaster, even when it was endgame and people pugging knew how it worked. If you wait on the wind tunnel and fail it you can proceed anyway. Boss after that, you can follow the audio hints but burning through usually works.

As for the last laser bit, everyone move as a loose group with the person being targeted by the laser behind the unshielded pad so it will destroy the pad. It works clockwise so if you fail, move to the next pad. Burn's not nearly as important this time until they're all destroyed.

Try not to bring up kicking someone while pugging, especially in 4mans. It doesn't take many votes to kick someone in a 4man, pretty sure it only takes 1 other person to agree with the vote starter as the subject of a vote is excluded. It's a bit of a nuclear option. OP left out the part that he was trying to get the other person kicked before he got kicked instead in the initial post.
    • Like x 1
  12. Lykan New Player

YouTube can be helpful. There's many guides out there.

So, before you Q up for any instance that you don't know anything about its mechanics, you should always check it out, unless you're too lazy.

Don't expect that each time someone will explain you the mechanics.
  13. Wzlinnkk54 Active Player

This is a mmo do some research plus a pug is s pug
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

How much time do you expect him to have to research an entire instance when the Omnibus queue pops up? That's 59 seconds to Google it and learn it all, or risk standing at the entrance looking like a fool lol
    • Like x 2
  15. Grip Committed Player

LOLOL Kinda nailed my thought process, buddy :)

A is a pug is golden S-tier wisdom, but there's another layer here. Kinda tough to talk about situations like this one while being sure to be respectful to everyone's demeanor and sensitivities, but I try. A couple years back, DCUO completely abandoned encouraging newer players to move sequentially through the episodes, and by rewarding omni runs starting around level 30 and constantly granting scaling gear, it's conditioned players to trust the omni-bus driver to take them someplace fun. Absent any other guidance, why would an incoming player do anything different than that and play the latest episodes? Knowing not everyone was playing 7 years ago, the Powers That Be really should take a 2nd look at properly curating the omnibus route to avoid neighborhoods like Fatal Exams. At this point, advising "Do research" for all unfamiliar instances a blind omnibus queue may take you, respectfully, is shaky advice without knowing more context.

If you guys know the original poster's history, and they've run most everything available, my apologies; you got this. Otherwise, I'd just say don't give up on the community because of a rough experience. I had an awkward blind q experience recently, too, and I'm sure we aren't alone. Do whatever research you can, connect with cooperative players, and if you q omni by yourself and see an unfamiliar destination, be prepared to ask questions at the door. Based on the responses you get, or the lack thereof, decide your next move. Good luck and no offense intended to any commenters :) Take care

Dear Dimensional Ink staff, when you include some of these runs in Omnibus, you add unnecessary frustration to the DCUO experience. Remember when you had Flashpoint elite content on there and people got annoyed? It just doesn't seem like most of the playerbase is queuing the 'bus for elite runs or to challenge Granny's deadly tests... may need to adjust the list again.[COLOR]
    • Like x 1
  16. TeeVolt Well-Known Player

Personally I will never look it up anything before I play omni runs or really any instances, unless they are elite. I am a hands on learner so for me to figure it out even what the mechanic would mean, I have to play it. Perhaps after playing it once if I was stuck or confused I would watch a video about it but never my first time.

Also, I'm confident most people in this game play the first day an episode launches without already knowing the mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

Best Alert in the game and a test of type of player this game has. Follow directions or ruin everything. If we had more content like this, we'd having more complaints haha
  18. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

The game has always had an issue with poor mechanics messaging in content. As the devs favor PC for obvious reasons, elements are designed as if you were gaming on a PC setup with a monitor just a few feet from your face, and not for folks gaming from the living room or other increased depth room setup. Everything from the font style to the choice of how certain elements are messaged remain problematic, and with quite a lot of the older content having these issues it results in a large swath of content that is actively avoided.

To some extent the more recent episodes have much toned down mechanics, though the messaging problem persists. Elements like the door puzzle from the last episode were made much more simple, and even Etrigan's sword puzzle is - or should be - a non issue with how easy it is. (People still randomly grab whatever the hell, though, but that's a people problem). However, the issue with the Etrigan problem is that not all spoken dialogue in game is captioned in the chatbox, thus his hint only briefly flashes on the screen, and in the same, ******* ugly and small font that has been an issue since forever. For folks that are hard of hearing that ****** visual is all you get, so if you miss it you're depending on other players or grabbing one at random.

Not entirely sure why they keep designing the final bosses of these raids as puzzle battles, though.
    • Like x 1