The Brave and the Bold - The Lords of Luck

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EconoKnight, Nov 22, 2020.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Thinking on what could make a good episode, I thought about a Mark Waid storyline from 2007:

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/The_Brave_and_the_Bold:_The_Lords_of_Luck_(Collected)

[IMG]

With a little reworking, it could be a fun romp across the DC Universe (from Gotham to 31st Century Metro to Rann - or even Thanagar as a substitution for Rann), and it could bring in the surprisingly unused character of Roulette (who runs an underground fight club for meta humans) and could provide an opportunity to use the Royal Flush Gang (if nothing else, have Ace as the fight club champion).

[IMG]

It could use existing assets such as Batman, Supergirl, Green Lantern, Lobo, Legion, Fatal Five and there could even be a surprise DCUO twist added as Joker gets the best of the Luck Lords and takes the Book of Souls to re-write reality for himself.

For an interesting gameplay twist, play with the idea of chance. What happens when the odds of Crit chance, etc go haywire? Maybe you get lucky and do Crits of 10,000,000 or unlucky and your damage is 1.

Wouldn’t expect this any time soon as many of these characters have been used recently, but something to consider down the line
    • Like x 5
  2. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

The Lords of Luck? Is that what they call the group of people who always get lucky drops?
    • Like x 4
  3. MisterMeanwhile Well-Known Player

I vote yes.
    • Like x 1
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Is it bad that's the 1st thing also popped in my head too?
    • Like x 2
  5. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Sounds great and a good way to save time on existing assets while still offering a fresh and interesting experience. I'm all for it. Great idea. And you really can't go wrong with Mark Waid's writing as an inspiration (Going off of his pre-2009 work especially his first run on The Flash).
  6. MarvelHawkeye Well-Known Player

This sounds like an awesome idea! I would love to see some type of interpretation of this storyline.