The best dps power (Bandwagon)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lightful, May 15, 2013.

1. Lightful New Player

Hey guys,

I see shouts all the time saying "what's the best dps power?"

Man...what...dafuq...

Why is that relevant? Every power in the game is effective in terms of dps'. Choose one that you favor. Stop riding the bandwagon.

Most say Hardlight and Gadgets but if I were a new player I wouldn't become one. When I go to the WT I find 9275473838746473 hardlight and gadget players. Is it really that exciting to be the same power as the predominant amount of players that play this game?

I give props to nature and sorcery dps', I love you guys <3 all ****

Jk

Well a little bit.

- Thanks for reading.
    • Like x 1
  2. neptunesBeard New Player

I say let them ask. When they become more experienced and ready for a more challenging power they will switch.
  3. Mini Lini Loyal Player

That's why I use Earth.. Least used power in the game. I was Mental before, when that was the least used, then everyone jumped over to it so now Earth haha.
  4. The Kitsune New Player

Because some players are more concerned with being the best, and not having fun.
    • Like x 3
  5. Lightful New Player

True :/
  6. Lightful New Player

I forgot to add earth!
  7. SuperBell Loyal Player

Probably Quantum right now. SOE has to push those respec tokens.
  8. Elusian Crowd Control

Hmm I have a HL and a Sorcery DPS. Dunno what kind of DPS that makes me XD
  9. razor Red New Player

I was an ice dps since beta even when people said it was bottom of the barrel.
  10. Lightful New Player

Lol
  11. X-zero Loyal Player

What about Ice before the revamp. Ice dps had a flat out broken power interaction but still made due. Sorcery has only been broken for a little while. For a while it had the highest damage numbers(real or not) and near unkillable healers(the watcher never sleeps).

I also don't know why people care so much about which one is the best. There is two powers I have never been gadgets(#1 DPS) just doesn't fit my characters and earth (Most underated power) because I never really like earth powers in any media.
  12. Meta Flare New Player

If I dps I use lightning since its my favorite power. Or I use the so called bad range load out for fire. All cast time and interruptible moves. Never see anyone else using that kind of load out.
  13. Funky New Player

I only have two damage toons. One is electric because I wanted him to be a flash character, the other is hard light because I thought'd it be fun to have an Amon Suur type charcter, but I barely play the latter anymore. I usually PVP with Flash and use an entirely speed based loadout except for wired and I usually deal some good damage and I use my powers to set up melee attacks. In the end it's all based on player skill and tuning the character to YOUR specs and not everyone else's, other wise the game can get really bland, really fast.
  14. Deathmike Devoted Player

Both Earth and Sorcery can have incredible survivability options in damage stance.

Deathmike out.
  15. NoobishGuy New Player

The powers are not equal some are more optimal for dpsing than others.
  16. IzzyAboss New Player

Quantum. Time tree alot of people go for the gravity well in space but time is so much stronger
  17. Mini Lini Loyal Player

To be fair... I've never played a game that had perfect balance. There will always be some class in the game that will be made better.
  18. Meta Flare New Player

I imagine that is intentional though. You know, diversity and all that.
  19. General_Gear New Player

I used to be nature, but after 6 months of using it, the power set became boring. I wasn't doing the DPS I would've like to, and I wasn't as effective as I should've been. Now that I am HL, I output much mor DPS than I ever could with nature, and the power set is one of the most enjoyable powers I've ran with.
    Previous powers: Ice (back when it was crappy), nature, gadgets, and HL.
  20. Sparkman New Player

I use HL troller and an earth tank.