The Batman

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MetehanWayne, Mar 11, 2022.

1. MetehanWayne Active Player

Will be there anything about The Batman?
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

They just launched new Batman items this month, with a NEW Batcowl and Batman Beyond-Inspired Chest Style included in the brand new Ultimate Batman Pack in the Marketplace and Loyalty Vendor, as well as this month's special Dr. Fate's Reward being the game's very first Batman-Inspired Mask, available to players for the first time in 11 years!

So, YES, obviously there's new Batman stuff!
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's a Batman related episode next month.
    • Like x 1
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Kids from Boondocks: "Again?!"
    DCUO: "Again."
  5. MetehanWayne Active Player

I mean like the new Batman movie. Maybe emblem or a cowl for it.
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I suspect that if we were going to get something related to the Reeves film, it would've been timed to coincide with the release of the film. as such, I'm guessing that, no, we will not be getting anything tied in to The Batman. I could be wrong. I've been wrong before about stuff. but I don't think I am.
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

DCUO doesn't have the rights to stuff developed by anyone by DC Comics. No movies, television shows, toys, whatever. Just comics.

It's not just one big mush of stuff to draw from. DCUO can only draw on designs from DC Comics; they can't use what's created by other people, such as film/television studios.
  8. myandria Item Storage

True; the last time we got something that was related to a DC movie was the BvS Logo Swag Bag and BvS Poster Swag Bag when the movie came out in 2016. If I remember correctly (I could be wrong), they were removed due to licensing issues.
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I should clarify that nothing stops DCUO from making something original in honor of a new movie or whatever. It just can't be a design taken from or referring to the Movie Or Whatever.

And when I wrote above that:
    What I meant was "developed by anyone BUT DC Comics." I didn't notice my typo until too late.