Thank you devs for stat clamping

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SuperNerdGeekOverkill, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

1. You won't learn anything from a corpse on the ground.

2. They'll learn when clamped and at tier or else they aren't getting that instance done worth a thing. If they don't learn when no one is there to hold their hand, THEN its on them, until then, its on the people who carelessly train wreck mobs 5 tiers under them (Bludhaven and lower included with the exception of the extra missions from Hand of Fate..and just barely pushing it) and don't give 2 ***** about playing as a TEAM in this SOCIAL GAME.

3. Google and Youtube huh? You mean see what cookie-cutter loadouts do and not get to test them because Tier 6 players are still slaughtering everything that pops up? To the point they can't even touch anything in a RAID? The instances that have the mobs with the HIGHEST health at tier which still amount to 1-3 shots thanks to tier-broken players?
    • Like x 4
  2. Venus Void Dedicated Player

I play it to have fun.
    Killing a boss in 1 glance isn't fun to me.
    • Like x 6
  3. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

I said 0-2. I already know people call for fortress, they've been calling for it since T3 was tops. Difference now is its mostly Tier 5 and 6 calling for it to insult the difficulty they used to be as true raids.

0-2 mean basic Area 51 to Bludhaven, Area 51 hard to Smallville, and Batcave to Oolong, and normally I don't see anyone trying to lfg it nor does anyone play it at tier anymore. Everything that used to be worth the time and effort is smacked in the face 1000x over because of people apparently like you who treat the game like a chore and insult it by failing to treat it like a game, so no one is allowed to have fun except you.

Anyways, most of LFG is filled with people calling for the new raids and alerts, which is like 99%, not the 1% or less drowned out asking for at tier players for Gorilla Island or LOA, Arkham (which both have walk-ins you can take advantage of instead of insulting the 3 other people who aren't 100+ in it), or Hive Moon Base no matter how tough they are at tier gives you no right to take the fun or learning experience from anyone else in the room.
    • Like x 2
  4. The Great NK Well-Known Player

The issue I see here is that the community it too divided on this topic. Why don't the dev make two different queues. The stat clamped queue and the regular queue. It's a perfect idea that will make you all happy. There you go, problem solved. Now y'all go to sleep or something.
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Both can be viewed as selfish, I guess, but the difference is in the motivations. More than a few people that are for the stat clamping see how it can help people learn more about the game and become better players in the process, and maybe even get to enjoy the content. That kind of thing can help the game grow and survive.

Many of those against the clamping just sound like they're upset that they won't be able to run in god mode in lower content. I've yet to hear about how that is a benefit to the game.
    • Like x 7
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Yeah, heaven forbid that players who are actually at the intended tier/CR level of the content get to run and enjoy it as it was intended. :rolleyes:

That's their content, as far as I'm concerned. It's at their level and in place to help them progress along the tiers. They have more of a right to it than someone who's already outgeared that tier by a wide margin. Even if a high tier player goes into it with the best of intentions, they will be stepping on the toes of the players at the intended level of the content.
    • Like x 7
  7. MyrVell Committed Player

Kinda hard for me to feel bad about those things when some styles are made ridiculously rare, which forces people to run content they've otherwise graduated from.
    • Like x 3
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

True to a point, considering a lot of those rare styles have been made available on the rare style vendor for top tier marks.
    • Like x 1
  9. tukuan Devoted Player

I think in another thread I mentioned that I thought a 10-20% chance of getting marks at level was reasonable if you run clamped. I don't think it could be equal to running T6 content or that would have a very negative effect on both queues for T6 as well as DLC sales.

That said I would say full prestige should be awarded.
    • Like x 2
  10. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Ain't vertical progression (constantly increasing stats via primarily loot) great!?

At some point (possibly around the time the new UI is released?), portals to all old content might be considered Needed in order to allow OP users to do old content without altering the experience of new users. This may cause new users to wait longer for doing group content if they que solo via on duty tab, but if they walk in with a partial group.... Can the current DCUO LFG methods be expanded or improved?? Vertical Progression! Hooray!

I've not payed attention to the rare style vendor in a while, but I'm still doing T1A & T3R for a style set feat. That loot being role specific makes me less motivated to do that content often, and it's taking a LOOOOONG time for the RNG dice to roll in my favor. [IMG] I'm also loosing motivation and the will to repeat the content so many times to earn MoFs to spend at the rare style vendor. I will eventually earn enough MoFs. I'm not in a hurry. Enjoying other spices of life. I have been considering taking 6 months or a year break, come back and see what is on the rare style vendor then. :oops:

I'm fine with stat clamping in seasonal instance and open world seasonal NPCs having 1 damage done to them with any attack, because I will never be doing a seasonal again (have the feats except for the ones that require buying base items). I'm not a OCD person, and i'm around 153 skill points, which is plenty.
  11. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Yes please! So happy others agree.
  12. Prosser Dedicated Player

When it is introduced, it will be Optional.
    • Like x 3
  13. MyrVell Committed Player

If the rare style vendor was more reasonably priced it would be helpful. As it is, not so much.
  14. QuagmirePrime Well-Known Player

The following comments are my thoughts on the possibility of adding optional stat clamping to all On Duty group instances.

I have seen a number of comments to the effect of “I have worked hard for years to get the top gear. With clamped stats, my time spent is worthless.” Hopefully, you enjoyed the time that you spent playing the game. The gear is not worthless because you still need it to play the top tier and new content. If you could still be the most powerful player in a T2 alert or raid, do you really need to be wearing T6 gear so you can trivialize the content? I propose stat caps, explained later, that would be well above the instance, so capped players are still well above the at-level players.

“Stat clamping takes too much extra time to run the instance.” Here, I would agree that it will take more time to run older content. But the stat caps can be placed wherever the developers choose. I am personally against placing the stat caps at-level. We can make a reasonable request to make the caps at a higher CR level in the interest of appealing to the largest number of players. Placing the caps at a comfortable level will allow high-tier players to display their power and enjoy the content instead of sleeping through it. Yet at-level players will still be able to learn the mechanics of the instance without being overwhelmed. Teamwork is still needed to survive.

“I don’t want to teach new players. That’s not my job.” It would be great if we had in-game tutorials to teach each of the roles and how they work together. That doesn’t exist right now (maybe someday??) Good information can be found in the forums, for those actually willing to look. But the majority of players will only learn what they can find within the game itself. The biggest resource in the game is other players. If we all want to continue playing this game, we need to share some of our knowledge with newer players. An online game has got to consistently attract new players to survive.

“If stat clamping is optional, I will always have it turned off.” I can see this happening if the stat caps are too severely restricted. Again, we need reasonable caps. Unreasonable caps will make players more likely to opt out of stat clamping and that would slow down queues for the at-level players. This game is designed to bring a variety of players together to achieve common goals. Let’s try to work as a team.

“Why don’t you just take some gear off, if you want a challenge.” That would work in a league group and seeing equipped CR makes this easier. But stat clamping is really aimed at PUG groups. People want the easy way out. If one person takes some gear off, there is still likely another over-geared player in the raid who will refuse because he wants to rush to the end. It is difficult to enforce rules if there is no penalty for breaking them.

So, in the interest of queue times and as a concession to players who need to feel over-powered in an instance, I feel the top band should be capped more than one tier above the instance. A moderate approach is more likely to be accepted by the largest number of players. Clamping should have negligible impact on the top 2-3 tiers of content. With my proposal, a new T6 player would still have his full stats for any queued instance from T4 – T6. But when he hits CR 105, he would become stat capped in T4 content. Just make sure the stat cap CR’s are listed in the instance description to avoid surprises.

· T1 should be stat capped at CR 65
    · T2 should be stat capped at CR 80
    · T3 should be stat capped at CR 95
    · T4 should be stat capped at CR 105
    · In the future, I think T5 should be stat capped at about CR 115

Make the option for a pre-made group (any number of players up to group max size) to enter the instance without clamping. Here’s your chance to solo at full strength.

The amount of Prestige awarded to each player should be based on the lower value of either their actual CR or the Capped CR for the instance. This would provide a small incentive for high-tier players to participate in the stat clamped instances.

TL,DR: read it anyway, DCUO content can be enjoyable for all.
    • Like x 3
  15. MDK Baby New Player

At least humor me one last time. I'm not twisting your words, it is EXACTLY what you said:

Emphasis mine. You stated very clearly that there is only one part of the game you like, that being seasonals. How is saying that you seemingly don't like anything in the game apart from the seasonals twisting your words?
    • Like x 2
  16. SilverwingsZOE New Player

This is what I'm doing after they introduce a DLC and take a break of a month or two.Get on forums check Oracle's,check here,check on youtube,watch a couple of videos on which they explain the fight,run said content with no problems other than getting screen blocked by a bunch of effects and annoying sounds.

If people wants me in their raids no problems,if they don't I'll be jumping in the next group searching for a troll.

When I started to troll I didn't know about recharges,I got kicked a couple of times from some alerts,then used google and learn the basics,after that I was done and I had no problems till the devs started to screw with DW or introduced hungry powers or people started to spam more especially those gadgets players.
    Was that hard for me jumping from a tactical fps game such as ArmA/OFP Resistance and Red Orchestra to this whiny mess called DCUO?

Nope,was learning my role that hard?Nope.
    Was learning healer role that hard?Nope.
    Tank role?Well for what I know with mental,without a tank everyone and their mothers was after me so I guess I will only have to learn shield and pull timings.

I was more than happy helping new trolls and healers,as long they listened and understood what I was saying but when you have a language wall in the middle,an those Sanchez,Paco,Ramirez,Andrè,Kuong chan and whatever do insist by saying things like

"kick him,I have a CR95 friend",kick goes through,he switches to troll and they both make me wipe at Bombus what I have to do?
    What I have to do on Paradox right in the middle of Warrior's danmaku fight I said to the lone healer "leave Tyrant alone" and his answer is BR plz?

I helped lots of people by running loot locked,I started from scratch twice at this point I just don't care about those new players anymore as even CR111 players can be a_holes by leaving after a wipe,complain about mods,complain about troll damage,clompain about this and that.It's just the player base,most of the good people has left partially because new players,partially because pvp affecting pve,partially because the devs,partially because nerfs or because they were just bored.
  17. Toren Calduris New Player

To those of you quoting Spytle's blurb about future stat clamping being optional.. Has he said they won't be adding new feats that can only be obtained by running clamped? That's the quote I'm interested to read.

Optional is a matter of interpretation.
    • Like x 2
  18. MDK Baby New Player

Yes, because attaching feats to stat-clamped stuff means you no longer have the option :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  19. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

You still blow through everything at these caps you suggest and doesn't solve anything except people hit only slightly less so the mobs aren't taking 20k hits, but they still get bashed by 2-4k slaps in Tier 1, blasted away by up to 5k or so in Tier 2, 6-7k or so in T3 (still stupidly easy including Fortress...), 7-10k in T4, and the usual 10-20k in 5/6+
    • Like x 1
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Lower prices would mean the styles on the rare style vendor wouldn't be so rare, though. ;)
    • Like x 3