Confirmed Teleporter and Doomed Metropolis bug

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Imaginos, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Imaginos Dedicated Player

So I started a new character recently and on hitting L10/12 I went to my warp menu to enter Doomed Metropolis to get the omegahedron to start leveling it up but the entry for Doomed Metropolis was not there. I tried using a Warfronts mod in my base teleporter and while it shows on the list if I mouse over the mod there is NO list on the teleporter itself. The only option I have is watchtower. So the mod isn't even showing DM, which has no CR limit to entering it when mousing over the mod.

When I enter the watchtower itself the console nor the teleporter to DM are lit up and I can't interact with any of them, yet other teleporters are active and I can enter current patchwork Themyscera just fine.

I went around and around with various people in this thread https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/base-teleporter-issue-question.311780/ and tried various things there. As the thread went on I hit level 23, did various introduction missions and still no access to Doomed Metropolis or any sort of listing on my teleporter at all.

Now I have plenty of older characters from the time that went live and perhaps a short bit after it went live and they all have access to Doomed Metropolis, even the L10 characters, yet this new one doesn't have access at all.

Here's a compilation image showing some info. https://i.imgur.com/GLOfG7o.jpg
    • Like x 5
  2. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

There are some open worlds you have to accept a mission from somewhere - such as a console near the teleporter in your HQ - to first access. Been a while since I first went there, but Doomed Metropolis I think is one of those. There's a console next to the Doomed Metropolis teleporter in the Monitor Womb in the Watchtower you have to interact with first, IIRC, before you can go there. There's probably one near it in the Hall of Doom as well, though I'm not sure where the teleporter is in there.
  3. Brav Well-Known Player

The OP is correct something is definitely off with the "death of superman" celebration (permanent event). It shows for past characters who were around at the time for it but any new characters/players it isn't appearing for them at the moment.

We've been back and forth in that thread that was posted and concluded something was most likely changed unintentionally. It's suppose to appear at level ten plus but even above that point it still hasn't appeared at all. The pointer mission to activate the console in the watch tower for doomed metropolis portal hasn't appeared nor has the interaction on the console for it.

Please can you guys up vote the OPs' post so that the developers can address this in a future update for new players and characters. Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  4. Imaginos Dedicated Player

If you look at the image you can see my character standing right on that console in the watchtower with no E for interaction at all. I appreciate the suggestion though.

Thanks for Chiming in Brav. Yeah that's why I linked the other thread and I hope this gets looked at and fixed.
    • Like x 1
  5. Brav Well-Known Player

Apparently there was a change made in a prior update (GU94) as mentioned in this thread (Base Teleport Issue/question?) by Akaiko (Thanks again for sharing the link with this change/info). Though I don't think the change was necessary as mentioned in the thread.

At the very least if this will remain the new requirement going forward can this be updated in game as the on duty description still shows level ten plus for the solo and raid. Thanks again.
  6. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Totally agree with what you said. The generator mod needs to be updated to show some sort of info besides no CR or anything else or some other pointer to this info IN GAME. Glad Akaiko found that information for me/us.
    • Like x 1
  7. Darkwalker Active Player

Me and my girlfriend are both back after a long break from DCUO and used the free Boost to CR290 we had to mess around with a few new ideas. On the two characters we've boosted, neither can access Doomed Metropolis. It doesn't appear in our journals and the teleporter doesn't work.

Tried raising a support ticket which suggested that I may need to complete some requirements... and then linked me to this very bug report!

They then also suggested that if the hints here don't work (the hint being that it's clearly a bug) to try posting about it... in this forum?

You know, the forum they linked to where somebody posted about it a year and a day ago and it's still not working?

I'm so confused.

To any Dev passing by with a sense of humour, is there any chance this can be fixed? Would really like to run Doomed Metropolis on our new chars and this seems to be the only MMO I've ever played where in game support seem powerless to do a thing!
  8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Did you try that console inside the HoD/Watchtower? I think when I finally got access to it at a higher level on the character I still had to access the console to open up the doomed metropolis area. Hopefully that'll work for the both of you.
    • Like x 1
  9. Darkwalker Active Player

The console next to it still has no available interactions unfortunately. CR 312 now and still not popping.

I really want an Omegahedron! I also love that area.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Cyborg as a passive ally does what Omegahedron does but much much more efficiently.
    • Like x 2
  11. Imaginos Dedicated Player

That's great info. By the way...At what rank? I wouldn't mind dropping some of my omegas for cyborg passive pending on how much ally exp I'm going to have to use to get the same or better bang for my buck as it were.
  12. Imaginos Dedicated Player

That;s a shame and really odd. Maybe there';s something else that needs to be done first like the watchtower tour or something? Now I'm just tossing darts at the wall, no idea why you're blocked but it is annoying for sure.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm not sure which rank he starts to top Omegahedron but I have him at max and the power regen is amazeballs.
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

We have a fix coming up for this soon. Maybe as soon as this weekend.
    • Like x 1
  15. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Have I told you how much you Rock? ^_^
  16. Darkwalker Active Player

This is fantastic news! Very much appreciated!