Target Marking

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Jul 23, 2023.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

So with Mepps' recent Test Server Update notes for the upcoming Blue Beetle ally, he stated:
    - Use his Aggression Motivator ability to mark a target for you and your group members, receiving either a heal, power boost, or supercharge boost when you attack the target

Now I know that this info is different in the actual Test Feedback forum, but the wording got me thinking: Why doesn't the game have any type of Target Marking yet?

As in, a way for the Group Leader (or perhaps a designated "main assist" type thing to manually set on a group member by said Group Leader) to "mark" or "paint" a target respectively signifying which target the group should attack.

Could be perhaps double tap the target lock button (LB on Xbox)? Or hold Block button and double tap lock?

Doing so could place a marker above the enemies head to show which target the group should be targeting. This would help tremendously with groups who do not use voice communication or lack communication in general.

Thoughts?

Edit: Reworded
    • Like x 4
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

In a ARPG setting its not built around that ideology and at the same time, they may have not thought of it or it came down to Console Limitations. Setting up Raid Markers like Skull and X were/is one of my favorite things to do in WoW and certainly would like the ability to do it here for better coordination. On PC its easy of course. Using a Controller though could be very cumbersome. I dont remember off memory so maybe Tiffany may know but does FF14 have Raid Marking as well and how well does it work with Controller?
    • Like x 1
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

That's why I suggested holding Block and double tapping the Target Lock button, it seems to be a smooth way to do it and kind-of makes sense (blocking stops your movement to focus pinning the target). Might work, but just a suggestion.

And yeah, other MMOs are definitely where I'm getting the idea from. EverQuest 2 has a system where a "Main Assist" can pin a symbol (of different varieties) above the enemies heads. But they also have a system where you can lock on/target another player to directly target "through" them/attack their current target (where the name Main Assist comes from). But that's a different story entirely, and perhaps too complicated for Consoles.
  4. Eve YouTuber

I'd love this. I'm going to throw this card again but Guild Wars 2 has this aswell, and It's a very useful feature. If they can somehow manage to add this in, it could really help.
    • Like x 1
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

As far as target marking goes .. are you guys saying that potentially a group leader could mark a target so everyone is auto Locked to it ? Or just as a suggestion like .. hey target this one here ?

I wouldn’t like a group leader auto targeting for me … in some cases yes it would be great but in others I want to freely target who I want … especially in tbis latest raid .. you could have moobs targeting static during his phase where you don’t wanna hit him … or target a boss that is taking zero damage hole you try and kill things around it.

What I would like however is for our load out pets to be set to target specific adds.. particularly our tank pets brick/guardian but one might want rsk/crystal/fury to do the same. (Excluding trinket and artifact pets) i know when I play around with my earth tank I wouldn’t mind once in awhile having brick tank the boss with me dropping the totem on them.. while I go around and grab adds… that would be a fun way to tank with brick.
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

The suggestion, "target this one here".