Tank or Troll role?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Outlaw Trevor, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Outlaw Trevor Well-Known Player

So I have been a healer for a few years now, or well ever since the artifacts have become a thing. One thing i am a stickler for is helping out my league with whatever role they are short on for raids and what not. Well as the title says I been possibly looking into switching to a tank or troll role, obviously money will be a factor with artifacts so I was going to ask for opinions on IF I decide to do this which would be better or easier?

Also forgot to add in that the gear I would have is basic for the start, only OP pieces would be the head an legs really. I don't know if that will play a factor in deciding
  2. Dogico Loyal Player

Good tanks are harder to find than good trolls imo. Controller is an easier role to play than tank.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Tanks are in short supply, Troll role is easier to master.
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

If you’re going to switch your main character, I’d highly recommend trolling as it’s not hard to at the least perform the bare minimum basic functions of trolling for a raid group. You could be raid-ready in just a few weeks if not days.

Any time I hear someone say they want to start tanking, especially if the main motivation is to help out the community or their league with more tanking options, I always highly recommend making a new character and developing their tanking skills on the side. I’ve seen a lot of players, even really good players, switch their main to a tanking power only to see their main character reduced to only being playable on the DPS side once they try and tank a raid the day after they switched, realizing that they aren’t doing anybody any good by tanking with little to no practice.

I didn’t tank an endgame raid on my alt until three months or so after I made him (used the CR skip) and didn’t tank the current elite for another 3-4 months. Even then would only 2-tank FOAe at first. Wasn’t even gonna try SGe, lol. I’m not saying that that is the best or shortest case scenario. I’m sure other got up to snuff sooner. Just sharing my experience.
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Tank is harder only because you have to know what move mitigates damage, heals you for the least/most, how to counter, when to block and pull ect.

Trolling imo is mund numbingly boring now, more so than DPS.