T5 Raid PVP Mechanics

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magnificent, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Magnificent Loyal Player

Posting this here since it's the most active area and the Update is now going Live.

What are the views from Tanks that have raided T5 with the PVP mechanics active via U32? I know there were instances already where Lex's could be hard stunned by our continual blocking, but apparently this update goes beyond that. With a Tank's T5 raid time spent Blocking for 95-99% of the time, how has U32 changed that? Was the difficulty downgrade of the content enough so that (for example) when Cyber Lex starts throwing his shield at me (a Fire Tank), can I unblock (so I don't get BB'd) and still absorb the damage from all the hits without dying horribly?

My concern is that since the T5 bosses and mini-bosses do so much damage that Tanks have to perma-block through the fight, this new tweak could set up a situation where Tanks are constantly getting BB'd then killed before the "get back on your feet" animation finishes playing.
  2. Magnificent Loyal Player

What? No Tank responses? :(
  3. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

I don't think the update has been out long enough to warrent that many responses lol Considering it just went live today. From the test server people maybe...but not ps3/4
  4. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

First off, they're combat mechanics, not PvP mechanics. You get immunities for countering. So I can't see it being too difficult to counter the bosses and then go back to blocking. I won't be able to try until I get off work. Pretty interested to see how it all works. Gets boring to just hold block all raid. I might actually get to do something now :)
    • Like x 3
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, when we ran Nexus on Test, we didn't notice the tank having any problems. Only ran up to the 3rd room, though. Of course, that was also with the initial major difficulty reduction. They evidently bumped it back up a little. We'll see.
    • Like x 1
  6. Magnificent Loyal Player

Sorry, old habits die hard ;)
  7. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

LOL I figured :p

I was hoping someone would post that's been through the raid since the update :(
  8. NightmaricJester New Player

it's HORRIBLE as a Fire tank in Nexus esp in the 1st and last room, you have one one batman block breaking one lunging, one blocking when you're trying to lung one that's ranging you get punished by the one blocking right next to em. For me the easiest rooms were everything in between. First and last room I spent a great deal picking myself off the ground from all the counters. We only started to wipe in the final room due to the shield mechanic. Overall those mechanics are a bad idea in Nexus and made things a lot harder for Fire IMO.
  9. Quixen New Player

But did you die/get knocked out? If it's only annoying and you have to get up, that's only...... annoying and not punishing.

IE, will a tank die if they are terrible at the combat mechanics and the healers are competent?
  10. Never Happy New Player

As a long timer OP you should know the difference between pvp and pve by now.

Its combat mechanics which have always been in the game, not as obvious but always there. I know I am being one of those annoying try hard forum posters who live on here complaining about everything by being fickle like that, but it does need to be cleared up.
  11. NightmaricJester New Player

Yes they would die if they are terrible at the mechanics and the healers aren't good, and while I didn't die the Batmen ate through probably 95% of my 17,000 buffed health while picking myself off the ground. The healers probably could have been better idk never ran with them before. Fire is at a disadvantage due to its reliance to have to hold block to maintain it's survivability, due to the fact that the other 2 tank powers need not rely on the block mechanic as much so they are not as susceptible to the counter mechanics. Fire can get through it but it's def rough.