T5 pve better than cash (T1?) pvp gear?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Chelzoraan, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Chelzoraan Active Player

Hard Light DPS here at T5 gear, 98cr, thought i'd get into PVP since i've been putting it off for way too long and i'm just wondering if i should just start out in my PVE gear or if i should just go with the cash pvp gear you can get at lvl 30, the stat loss is sooo huge though, wondering if the trade-off is worth it or if i should wait until T2 or T3 pvp gear?

any advice is appreciated, most of the PVP guides i've seen haven't covered this topic or they are outdated as hell.

if any of you are HL DPS in PVP i'd appreciate some tips on that front as well, not planning on going troller mode, unless someone can convince me it is insanely better than DPS for HL players, but loadout, combo and weapon tips are appreciated. was thinking of using MA in pvp, good idea or bad?
    • Like x 1
  2. Game Genie New Player

Since they've made t1 pvp start at cr77, there is no excuse not to use pvp gear. It is better than T5 gear for pvp uses since toughness and health both take a big jump. Don't sweat the might/prec loss as T1 is quickly outdated; you'll get there. As for MA, go for it. It's a great fast moveset and if you can shuriken spam or smoke bomb groups and actually get away with it, it's the enemy's own fault lol. I generally go role over dps with the r/p/s system's debuffs and confidence boosts, but if you're simply that good at dps that's certainly viable, doubly so with the new movement mod debuff options.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLoneLantern New Player

Stick with the PVE gear. You're gonna be squishy in both gear, but you're getting a lot more damage stats from the PVE set over the T0 PVP one.
    • Like x 1
  4. Chelzoraan Active Player

conflicting opinions here ;P
    • Like x 1
  5. Jc x New Player

PvP gear.
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

well u will have to buy it anyway to trigger next gear tier etc....so why dont u test it by yourself ?!
    • Like x 3
  7. Owl Devoted Player

Look at the all of stats on the gear and compare.
    If all of the stats on the T5 PVE gear are green except Toughness, you may want to use T5 PVE gear.
    If Health & Toughness are both red and the T5 gear is not modded, then you may want to use PVP gear.
  8. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I'm in the same boat, and have the same question. I know you just asked for dps, but I'd like to know for all roles.

As a PvP newb, some of these could be total myths that I'm believing:
    • For tank, I've heard that fire's still got their health, but ice should just start over with the pvp gear, since their defense doesn't mean anything. Haven't heard anything about Earth.
    • I've heard that healer's should just stick with the higher resto gear while they build their pvp set.
    • I've heard that vit for trolls doesn't mean as much, dom doesn't mean anything, and they might as well troll in dps gear. Also, that trolls in dps gear was the man reason for adding debuffs to the dps role.
  9. xoCiaraxo New Player

He basically just needs to run with a friend , league member etc.