Switching an ice toon from might to prec, need help

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by xxHELLSTROKExx, Jan 6, 2022.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

So I switched my rage tank/ melee toon to ice a little while ago. Got the tank side finished with all 200 artis and all that. But I have tetra/scrap/trans on his dps side and that’s not going to work great for prec. Those are all 140 ranked since his dps side is of a lower concern to me. I’d like to make a doom spinning melee dps/ battle tank for duos and alerts. So I’m thinking tetra to cog and then do I ditch scrap or should I just keep it and work with it? Was thinking maybe I ditch it for EoG but EoG under 200 is pretty terrible. Pointers please. Chances are it would be straight swapping meaning they’d all stay 140s.

This double caught me off guard and I had already done a bunch of switching on other artis on other toons so I don’t have much source left from the last one. It’s still appreciated devs, not whining! Not a lot anyway.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Typical Prec artifacts are going to be Transformation Card + Strategist Card + Grimorium Verum or Quislet. I wouldn't run with Cog especially if you have a buff troll in the group that already has Cog. I wouldn't use Eye of Gemini if you're DPS.
    • Like x 1
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

See, that’s where I get confused. The sweatiest I know, and the only ones capable of beating my mains build, are all using EoG for prec. Obviously making sure to drop it in the right spot and maybe tac swapping but 100% know they’re using it and circle sharing. Cog I kind of figured would be a viable replacement due to the fact (and I should have said this in my original post) I really only use him to dps in solo/duo/alert situations. Mayyyybe a pug raid here and there and chances of getting a prec buff troll seems low. I know I don’t bother with cog on my buff troll. He’s already got all the artis he’s getting since he will never set foot in elites.

So knowing I’ll most likely never have a buff troll, does your suggestion change? I never truly loved tetra but know it’s the best might arti to have if no one else does. In alerts, thing is pretty clutch on a toon that has 150 sp into health and a Tom bot and dominant augs
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Strat is in my mind but an under 200 strat just doesn’t seem that worth it vs always being able to pop NVB or maybe ice golem. (Haven’t looked to see if ice golem and prec is even a thing.)
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Have you thought about using a supercharge precision build?
    • Like x 1
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

If you check my thread I made about ice golem you can get an idea.
    • Like x 1
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

That is my initial plan so I’d only have to change one arti, tetra. I don’t mind doing 2 but don’t really want to just cuz of my lack of source since the last one drained all 4 of my toons with all the changes I did. So if I don’t do tetra to cog, I know it still has to go somewhere. VWD is meh from what I’ve heard. I don’t mind grim or anything but a pet that applies pi on a prec build seems like a waste so I’d lean more towards whisper to build super (eventually at 200) and keep more of a supercharge build.

My thought was to do cog/trans/EoG and run NVB. He doesn’t have to be top tier, basically just how he is now which is a pug group topper/ a mid pack dps in a good group/ a not too embarrassing last place in an OP group
  8. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Quislet does damage when you use powers and then a stronger power when you use a supercharge. Quislet also gives back supercharge, mix that with scrap and eye and it’s pretty neat. NVB is a 15 second buff and only gives 45% I believe damage bonus whereas Ice Golem is 21 seconds and gives 60% damage increase. You can activate NVB first then Ice Golem for an even greater damage boost.
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, I love quislet. My main is a pet build. But the supercharge portion is only at 200 and I won’t be getting there anytime soon. My biggest gripe about ice golem is that I have to resummon RSK which is a huge hassle. Since it generally takes 3 to 4 summons for him to stay out. Was thinking maybe snow devils instead but they’re also kind of a pain. So that means ice golem is going to have to be run without that added passive damage. But you can go in and out of golem non stop with a super build. So many options, so little desire to always be changing artifacts lol. I guess the real question for that is is ice golem without rsk as good as NVB with rsk. I’m going to guess they’re pretty even. But NVB into golem would/ should beat both.
    • Like x 1
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

My bad I misspoken because I don’t think you get supercharge back in dps role when using eye of gemini. When I wrote that message I was thinking about ice battle-tanking lol perhaps you don’t have to add RSK to your Ice Golem loadout as it’s only a temporary buff to you but not to your pet. I also don’t think eye of gemini gives precision buff unlike the 5% might you do get from it. Ice Golem doesn’t give any might increase either but it does give precision and weapon damage in both roles. You’re right so many ways to go about it but getting the arts at a good level is difficult.
    • Like x 1
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Definitely don’t get super back using it in dps role. But I thought there was prec buff. I’ll read it when I get home. I figured the sweatys were using it just to get that 20% bonus damage. I’ll ask my prec using buds. I was thinking of it for battle tanking and ice golem doom spin build. Figured between that, scrap, and circes mask, I’d be pretty survivable still. Since I’d still have a lot of shields available. Dps, mostly being cheap and going for a super using prec load out would keep costs down lol
    • Like x 1
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

It’s weird and possibly because I don’t have much time testing out ice but Ice Reflection shield has a 12 second cooldown but the ice armor buff last longer than the cooldown so I just thought all I need is Ice Reflection to permanently keep my ice armor buff up at all times. On all my tanks I only use one shield anyways. Those “sweatys” could very well be gadget players. Yeah I said it lol Kimone has precision builds if you want to take a look. Though the ones she demonstrated are for solo bounty hunting.
    • Like x 1
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lol, most of the Random’s are gadgets of course. I have 3 prec friends, electric, water, and gadgets. All are using EoG. My might friends are tac swapping EoG but all run the metas. I’m the pet build/ only sorcery user in my crew. Tho a few are trying pet builds on alts. I don’t tac EoG on him but usually do with philosophers and dead kings. The prec ones can beat me in raids. Duos or alerts, especially mechanic heavy ones, I’m pretty unbeatable. But without their EoG, I doubt prec would beat me in ST since it barely does with it while they stand on top of me.
    • Like x 1
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I just vomited lol tac swapping and eye of gemini spam. I’m sure they are also super speed and using DW-Flurry.
    • Like x 1
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Of course. I’m like the only one that hates super speed. Flight is just better. My ice toon is SS tho because tanking. I’m mostly running up walls still after using it for years. I was figuring I’d try 2 handed/ brawling. Range, may try to be different as usual and see if I can make rifle or dual pistols do decent haha. Still thinking about bow/ 1 handed for battle tanking. I hate metas. Clearly.
    • Like x 1
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

If I was you I would leave those sheeps alone nothing original or unique about their play style jk…. Lol Also, since your ice toon is SS, be aware that you do not get that movement mode while in Ice Golem. I want to test out all the supercharge buffs to see which is more stronger and versatile.

Circuit Breaker + NVB
    Ice Golem + NVB
    Nature Gorilla or Werewolf Form + NVB
    • Like x 1
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Cog doesn't play ball with Doom Spin, you'd basically have to insert a cross-weapon combo once a rotation (probably hammer throw - > arrow storm, though really for the chopping people up feel the big three - > flurry combo is a lot of fun, plus - to be blunt? - actually numerically effective) to make Cog play ball with your output.
    • Like x 1
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

but re: Reflection - Reflection's actually a pretty solid add, since it provides Ice Armor, it clips with your Weapon Buff, it is itself a Shield, and it also deals damage.
    • Like x 1
  19. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Has a 12 second cooldown and ice armor buff last longer than the cooldown. Winter Ward is just a shield with a longer cooldown with no added effects unlike Ice Reflection.
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So I have a question about your setup and content intended on running. You said that you intend on running a battle tank for duo and alerts. Artifacts are not as black and white as some people think they are. For example, the strategist. It’s great for content where adds live for more than a few seconds. If adds are dying within 6 seconds than you won’t be getting the full ticks of the strategist card. Especially if the tick is triggered when the adds are half dead by the time it comes up. If you plan on dpsing in elite raids and even elite alert than the strat would be helpful. But if not than it loses value. A lot of people like to build for meta set ups but don’t run the content which these arts were designed around. Now, don’t get me wrong. It’s not a bad set up either. You will still be getting some ticks to hit with the start so it’s not like it will be useless. But you do have to be honest with yourself. When you run elite content, do you run it as dps? Tank? Both based on openings?

Now as for the grim. Ice doesn’t actually need a way to set up PI. Ice has an easy time setting it up and a lot of the time you’ll be using moves that set it up anyways. Even as prec I use freezing breathe. And it sets up the PI for you. If you’re prec dpsing as ice you’re better off using quislet over grim. If you get it to 200 than it pair well with ice because you can take advantage of supercharged head mod. It gives back 10% instead of the typical 5% other 5000 SCs get. On top of that, ice supercharge generator doesn’t split so in large groups of adds you’ll be using that ability anyways. Meaning you have little incentive to use grim and a lot of incentive to use quislet.

Gemini is also a situational artifact. It’s the best team synergy artifact since you can all boost each other up. It’s amazing this dlc since in tsde the dps will all be on top of each other. However in other raids player may need to be spread out so again, loses value. With that being said, Gemini will always be good on ice since if you use the right set up you can be gaining sc faster than any other power (including electric).

Now, you are switch your ice from might to prec because everyone says it’s better or because you just want to be prec? Imo ice light is underrated. But at the end of the day you should do what you like and not what anyone else, including me, says.
    • Like x 1