Survival Mode Season 3

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Stag Active Player

So, will there be a new survival mode this year?? If so will it be a 8man sm or still the 4man
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

TBD but I can say, not for the first half. We're training new designers and working on more standard content offerings. I'd like to have one in the second half, however. I was toying with the idea of trying 6 man groups (needs tech and whatnot) to see if that was a nice middle ground between 4 and 8.

Curious what people think of that. 4 vs 6 vs 8.
    • Like x 15
  3. Sentiency Well-Known Player

I’d love to see a 6 man group! I think it’d be really interesting to see the types of strategies we could come up with.
    • Like x 5
  4. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

6 sounds good.
    • Like x 4
  5. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

I like the idea of 6 man approach be something very different than the norm. Perhaps even 2-3 approach would be good.
    • Like x 1
  6. Eve YouTuber

Love the idea, it will be refreshing and cool!
    • Like x 2
  7. Dry Cleaning Well-Known Player

definitely six man, something we haven't seen and will make ppl get creative with groups
    • Like x 1
  8. Jcal Dedicated Player

Thread title + dev icon = guy at fridge gif.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

I would 100% love to see a 6 man survival mode - I think that would be a great balance I think it would allow for better balanced boss fights and I think that midpoint between4 and 8 man is better in terms of inclusion of player numbers - I say make it happen :)
  10. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

I would prefer 2 vs 4 vs 8. Probably it's too much job for devs, but not everyone has 3\7 friends... Besides people like Duo content too. We have Elite duos, so why not add 2 players SM?;)
    • Like x 1
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

6 man group sounds absolutely wonderful!
  12. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It's too obvious what the ideal group would be. Tank and healer that are both spec'd for as much offense as they can get away with. Controllers will riot and cry.
  13. NotImmortal New Player

Some of us endgame leagues have been waiting very patiently for the 8 man SM for about 4 years now. We KNOW from the past that the 8 man SM works and it is the only true endgame some us get to enjoy since the Elite content is SO watered down and easy and heavily catered to the casual players. We already tested things with 4 man SM and we all know how that went. Just give us the 8 man.
    • Like x 1
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

If I had to pick between 4 and 8, 4. 6 sounds like it could be the spot though.

And six months is a lot of time to work on my Ice tank, so...
  15. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

It's too obvious what after your "Tanks must die" thread your opinion doesn't cost a cent.

16. Achikah All About That Base

I absolutely adored the 4-man survival mode- it let every role shine and was perfect for my play style and league. However, I would definitely be interested in seeing what 6 man would look like too.
    • Like x 2
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Have you ever considered bringing back the previous seasons to dabble with (clamped to the cr that they were upon release, respectively)? Without the "clout" items and rewards, of course (don't need anyone complaining heh). Just a suggestion. It's a shame to see content going to waste by it never being seen or used again. People love SM, so the more we see of it the better I'd say!
  18. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Yeah, after they did STU I'm not sure why not bring the old SMs back, the tech to balance stuff seems to be out there.
    • Like x 1
  19. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

The 4 man SM was the most popular ever, by far. I didn't like it as much as the 8 man, but it's much easier to find 4 or 6 people with a checkpoint when there are 30 rounds out there than it is to find 8 people.
    • Like x 1
  20. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

A 6 man SM is interesting, I'm just sad we won't be getting any endgame content for the next 2 months and a half :(