Test Discussion Survival Mode: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, May 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Hey all!

Please post any feedback and bugs over the reward system for Survival Mode in this thread. This includes: Boss drops and NPC vendor rewards. PC Test vendor has access to Data Chip Currency as well as Season 1 rewards.
    As a quick summary:

Survival Mode Vendor: Contains styles, Base items, Holographic Cat/Dog, Auras and Materials.

Season 1 Survival Mode Vendor: Contains non combat and combat pets. Locked behind completed levels.

Currency gain: 4 Data Chips (Base). Increases by 2 additional Data Chips every 5 levels.

Thanks!

Batuba

-UPDATE-
    5/21/19

The following changes coming to PC Test soon.
    • Season 1 Vendor gear is now Bind on Equip and Account bound.
    • Shadow Snake Turret is now a level 5 SM breakthrough (down from 15)
    • Werewolf Henchmen is now a level 15 SM breakthrough (up from 5)
    • Activated consumables for purchase on Survival Mode Vendor (Aggressor's Serum and Defender's Serum)
    We wanted the new combat trinket types to be more accessible to players so we brought the Shadow Snake Turret to be on the first SM season vendor breakthrough.
    We will continue to monitor feedback on the forums in regards to rewards.
    Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

Any friendly soul working on displaying all of the new base items that wasn't shown in the Livestream? Pretty please? Torikumu, Proxy? :D
    • Like x 1
  3. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

Are there any plans to make the combat pets available elsewhere? They don't feel like they should belong to the SM rewards.
    • Like x 2
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Quite aside from the fact that they’re combat pets, they’re not even Titans themed. Very strange choice indeed. They should be holographic, not shadows. Just my opinion though.
  5. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

As I stated in another post elsewhere, SM never had combat pets to begin with, it doesn't feel right that they're tied to the one content that was intended to test you to your limits while not giving you progression rewards or things that could give you an edge over the other players.

Please, I would like to know if there are any plans of making the combat pets available for purchase elsewhere, like in the JL: D vendor, where everyone can obtain them, including alt characters and players that are nowhere near the endgame.
    • Like x 2
  6. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

[IMG]
    Thats all of them. ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Not just combat pets but mainframe trinkets like sidekick, orbital and backup/henchmen too.
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

Thanks ! The big altar is nice. It's wierd to me that these are Titan-SM rewards and not actual, JLD episode-drops. But hey, a gazillion almost identical-looking versions of Cages and Demon pods seemed to be enough to clutter up the loot table there.... Lol.
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Will the combat pet trinkets scale with your character?
  10. Batuba Developer

The new combat pets offer a different player choice as to Combat Pets. The Green Crystal despite doing very large upfront damage, will still do 20-30% less over all damage than Sea Horse or Shadow Bat. The choice is there for you to choose if you have a burst window or just need high dps quickly (such as with Faust's shield), you might want this turret as it does less over all dmg, but a lot more dmg within a 10 second window.
    Same concept with the Snake Turret. That will do very low single target damage, however it's AoE potential is extremely high. This is great for add waves.

Combat pets such as Sea Horse will still out perform in total damage done with their entire duration for the most part (exceptions with Snake Turret with a lot of adds clumped up).

As for the thematic side, shadow is linked to Vampire Lord which is thematic :) Also, should these new pet turrets prove to be popular, I am fairly certain they'll continue to make appearances in the future, just with a different theme.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ryazan Dedicated Player

What about the shadow themed orbital, sidekick and backup/henchmen? Those feel like they should be added to the JLD vendor, and we even asked for those in a JLD rewards idea thread before. o_O
    • Like x 3
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What does the Vampire Lord have to do with a Titans themed event?
  13. Batuba Developer

The bosses you fight in SM are not Titan's Themed except for 1 boss.
    • Like x 1
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s in their practice room, and I assume the npc’s are holographic in appearance like they were in that duo?
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

They are not. The Titans upgraded their hologram tech so that everything is hyper real. The only holographic tie to the enemies are their spawn and despawn fx. Making holographic versions of every enemy, like what was done in the original encounter, is extremely difficult and time consuming and in some cases, for some NPCs, not possible.

The Vampire Lord and Ultraman are the plateau break throughs so they have rewards that they unlock that are tied to them and their non holographic aesthetic. Shadow and Green... Crystal.

Opinions are heard about the JLD vendor, there are *other* shadow thingies on there in the future.
    • Like x 1
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You could have just kept with the base items and styles like you did with the previous ones. I’m very disappointed and I’m not the only one. This was just a really unnecessary and disingenuous decision.
  17. Wallflower Level 30

What are you complaining about exactly? That there's shadow stuff available? It makes perfect sense that each season would tie into the current episode. Did you think that this current iteration of SM would be Titans themed like, forever? What a weird thing to complain about.
    • Like x 1
  18. myandria Item Storage

I only tested out the rewards from the vendor(s), as I did not test out the Survival Mode Combat.

Pets:

I find it strange that the eagle has to be placed on the floor for the base version. Would it be possible to include a perch with the eagle or allow it to be set onto a table, desk or something of that nature? I think ALL of the base pets should come with their own items; for example, the dog come with a dog dish (like KoKo and Krypto), the cat should come with a scratching post, the eagle should come with a tree limb (wall) or short tree trunk with branch perch, the gorilla should come with a small tree and the treant should come with a mushroom ring grass patch.

Are the shadow pet trinkets supposed to be temporary? When I equip them they come out and follow me everywhere.There is no cooldown time for them that I noticed (had them out for 5 minutes and the timer did not move). When I switched them out the trinkets disappeared, never going back to my inventory. I repurchased them again and I will try this again later on.

Base Items:

The Demonic Skull, Demon Seal, Star Labs Moon capsule, and Demon Worm are very, very, very, big. Please consider labeling them for a league base. When I claimed them the size of the icon does not verify just how big these items are. The worm takes up the entire ceiling on one side of the upper room and the demonic Skull takes up a good deal of a wall, if not an entire wall and the horn are so stretched out it can be difficult to place it without the horns clipping into something else. The Large Demon Spire should also be labeled for a league base, as it barely fits in a regular lair.

Materials:

The new materials do not work well with the new skins; I cannot put them on them. I have tried all 3. I can use them on the old skins, though.
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    When I try to equip the "Sidekick Uplink Device: Shadow Manbat Trinket", I receive the following prompt:
    "You will no longer be able to trade this item if you equip it. Do you want to continue?"

The trinket has a "Cannot Trade" line in its description. I wasn't able to put it on the broker or put it in my shared bank account.

So what is the point of the prompt? None of the other trinkets I've tried so far has given me that prompt.
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Maybe they should make the stuff account bound? Might help people who want this stuff for alts? Just a suggestion.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.