Superpowered vs. Hybrid Power Regen

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Shark Dental, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Am I the only one who feels that superpowered's power regen gives you more power back than you can even get by going hybrid and spamming your weapons? I originally went with hybrid for my nature healer, for example, clipping weapon combos in with the powers. It was hard work, doing 2 or sometimes 3 combos in between each power to keep my power up.

Then I switched to superpowered and it feels like I only need to toss in 1 combo (just to gauge the passage of time, since weapons don't give you back power in superpowered) and i'm good. Has anyone else noticed this? Shouldn't using weapons allow you to build up your power bar as fast as superpowered doing nothing?
    • Like x 2
  2. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Superpowered is super OP indeed. 10% Power bonus overdid it.
    A lot of people are complaining about certain powersets being OP but its actually Superpowered Focus that allows these rotations to be done even with single raid troller.

Weapon clipping under Weapon Expert is biggest struggle for power atm and unlocking all melee and ranged WM cross weapon combos is just huge SP investment (about 25 SP).
    • Like x 1
  3. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

You are not the only one that has notice this; I´ve said it before the Revamp was launched, that the 25% power regen in tandem with the 10% bonus on the power stat is too much IMHO, but i got jumped on the neck by the people saying that it was fine and that it was the only way to help the PffT playstyle to make it "viable"....
    • Like x 1
  4. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Let me just be the first to disagree. Superpower focus is still far inferior to the AM power regen. It does not need to be nerfed in any way.

The solution is to make Hybrid better not make superpower worse.

This is a common theme and one I really discourage people from taking.

Power A is better than power B. We need to nerf power A. Incorrect=(

Power A is better than power B. Here is how we can improve power B. Correct=)
    • Like x 8
  5. Streven Dedicated Player

I agree that superpower focus should stay as is. I think the hybrid passive buffs to Dom, Vit, and Resto should all be higher. At least 10%.
    • Like x 1
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I wasn't really saying they need to improve your stats more, we're just talking purely from a power standpoint. Supposedly weapon attacks were supposed to help you regen enough power to use your powers in the same rotation. Instead, weapons give back far less power per second than Superpowered. Whether superpowered needs to come down or hybrid should come up (weapon attacks regening more power, etc.) is for the devs to figure out, I'm actually more for B than A personally.
    • Like x 1
  7. Streven Dedicated Player

I get ya now. In my testing on my base dummy I'm not seeing much difference for power regen between superpower vs hybrid. The main difference to my observation is the extra power pool superpower focus has. But once power is depleted they both seem to regen at a comparable rate.

When I get back on I'm going to take a closer look at this but that's been my experience so far.
  8. Lanternknight58 New Player

Superpower is not OP. It just has good regen. Mainly for the power cost in the 100 to 200 range. When you cast a 300 power cost move in there you feel it when you run without a troller. Even spamming 100 power cost moves don't really help to regen power back up after a 300 cast.

My problem with hybrid is the fact that weapon regens power, but it is considered hybrid. Both weapon and ability casts should regen power. Especially, since hyprid is being used with mainly charge attack/ charge attack WM moves. Those don't apply enough hits to regen power before an ability cast. Which is why I think both should regen power. It is also why some hybrid users rin lower on power. They are not generating enoughweapon hits before and after ability casts to regen their power significantly.
    • Like x 1
  9. Aerith Rose Committed Player

You get no power back for WM. Only power you get is for the initial non WM part of the attack. I feel this needs adjusted as it kills hybrid.
    • Like x 2
  10. fredohmaha Active Player

I use Superpowered focus as a troll. The extra power and power regen more than make up for the 5% vit I lose out on. Plus I'm more inclined to pick people up, grab cogs or whatever the fight dictates since I'm not so focused on maintaining my hit counter.
    • Like x 1
  11. Lanternknight58 New Player

I never said you did. I said most people use charge attacks/charge attack WM (DW explosive shot). Those type of attacks don't provide enough taps for power regen to be significant. If WM attacks don't apply power regen, then that definitely needs to get looked at like you said. There needs to be higher power regen for charged hold range weapon attacks.
  12. CassUV Well-Known Player

Agree, Hybrid needs increase his power regen not decrease the Superpowered, like the Roleless buff issue, we dont need the power by roleless buff decreases but we need a better power dump for us controllers.
    • Like x 1
  13. Taerie Active Player

shield's held range combos is pretty close to SP's PPS regen - imo it's hybrids idle regen (while not doing weapon combos) that needs to come up a hair - but how i see that playing out is how the damage migration occurred with normal combos into the WM area, take from one give to the other

so if they up the weapon combos power output, they'll probably lower the idle regen, if they raise the idle regen, they'll probably lower the combo regen

and im not sure either of those would be what people are wanting
    • Like x 2
  14. TheDrone Well-Known Player

What is the value of comparing anything to AM? It no longer exists.
  15. Lanternknight58 New Player

So far I found HB pulse beam to regen pretty good. I don't even worry about WM anymore
    • Like x 1
  16. Surtur Well-Known Player

That's the deal with the three choices. Pick one and you lose somewhere else. If you want hybrid and the extra stuff that comes with it you have to lose somewhere. You cannot have your cake & eat it too. Super powered is just fine.
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What extra stuff? Doesn't superpowered have a superior might buff as well?
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Lol, this post was from quite a while ago, forgot we were talking about healing. The question stands for dps though. What's the point of even making us regen power through weapon attacks if it's less power than we'd just get by speccing superpowered and doing nothing?
    • Like x 1
  19. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I think that Hybrid and Superpowered are balanced enough atm and provide nice 2 different options but its Weapon Expert that needs like 25% bonus to Weapon power regen and something like 10% control resistance or 2% health bonus or both. Going full Precision makes power bar disappear quite fast using field DoT clipped with Weapon buff and leaves very little power for using other stuff. Power should be restored at a much better rate while using weapon actively for Weapon Expert mastery. A buff like that could put Weapon Expert at the table for non combo support roles that want to be able to deal some damage at the expense of extra Vita, Domi and Resto that Hybrid offers.
  20. Celestial Powers Committed Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...evamp-july-21-2017.288683/page-5#post-3985684

I mentioned this as soon as they implemented the thing on test, It's brokenly OP and before this change you needed 2 controllers, I was extremely disappointed it wasn't addressed and you guys are seeing the fallout because of it.

And contrary to the comments on this thread above mine, if you think this is fine you're too used to playing with one controller in your group, Solo Controllers barely existed before GU36 and right now it's like the norm despite the revamps efforts to make power matter.

The regen portion of the superpower focus is too strong and needs to be reduced, I can't offer exact remedies for this situation since it would effect combo power set performance like Atomic and Light but if every PFFT DPS is using this then you can see that there's a problem. Heck it's more useful for support roles too to which I would like to see the Hybrid Bonuses buffed or regen from combos increased too.

But then this all ends up correlating with the controller role too since right now it's current state is bad since it's more valuable to spec power than it is vitalization since you benefit more from the regeneration of a bigger power pool for power healing more often than benefiting from the tiny increases vitalization provides to your power healing.

I'd say if this broken superpower focus was nerfed whilst the other focuses remained same with how controllers are now, there'd be a much bigger uproar on the identity and effectiveness of a controller post revamp.
    • Like x 2