Superman vs Physics

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Hurly-Burly, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Hurly-Burly Active Player

2. E Clip Dedicated Player

Applying real physics to comic book characters is dumb to begin with. Besides, there is an explanation which is cannon since the creation of Conner Kent/Superboy and that is: his bioelectric aura extends around the objects he is in touch with.
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yup, was gonna mention that, and it retro-actively applies to Clark as well: it (semi-)perfectly explains why he was able to stop a plane crashing into the ground and only causing the nose to crumple rather than making a hole through the entire fuselage
  4. E Clip Dedicated Player

If memory serves me well, I think the bio electrical aura was exclusive to Conner, no other Kryptonian had it, or rather neither of their powers were explained by it. I believe it was Mark Weid who made it cannon for all Kryptonians.
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That's why said 'retro-actively' :)

The main hero in "Grrl Power" (not main character, that would be The Mighty Halo) has 'Zero-Touch Telekinesis' as a secondary-power to explain why she was able to lift an ecnalubma by its bumper without ripping said bumper off