Superheroes being idiots

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by K3str3lDC, Feb 26, 2021.

1. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

What are some of your favorite nonsensical, silly, dumb moments from older comics (not limited to DC)? I thought of this because I was chatting with friends and someone posted a Teen Titans meme, which led me to remembering this hilarious moment of Dick just.... forgetting he's Robin (60s Teen Titans comic):

They were visiting (I think) England for some sorta event and ceremony with the queen. As they arrive, they're talking about what they're gonna do until the ceremony. Most of them just wanna shop and stuff, but Dick being Dick wants to go visit all the historical sites in the area. So they each do the activity they want, with Dick being alone and the others together as a group. Dick goes to look at the dungeon of an old castle, but someone doesn't see him as they start closing up and end up locking him in. Does he escape because he's Robin? Does he call out in case they're still there and can let him out real quick? Does he call his buddies for help? Nah, he just stays there the entire story. I know why they wrote him out. To let the rest of the team prove they could still manage and were a strong enough team to handle their leader not being there for a mission. But that has to be the dumbest way to do it. The team does wonder a few times where he is but only casually and for a moment. Yes, the villain messed with their costumes and saturated them with stuff that would weaken the teen heroes, but I guess it also shut off Dick's brain and instincts, because he should still be able to get out of a room he was accidentally locked in. He's ROBIN. The series has a running joke about him being oh so smart and stuff but I guess he just forgot about that. After the mission, they come back to their hotel room and find him there and he says he was stuck in there for 24 HOURS and is traumatized. He's ROBIN. He could so easily have just.... not gone through that. I mean, so much media makes a joke out of a Batfamily member being "captured" and easily getting out to the enemy's shock and saying they should have taken the utility belt and stuff like that. This kind of escape is such a common scene for them. But Dick's just like "guess I'll suffer!"

Pretty clunky way of writing him out, there. Holy lazy writing, Batman!

So, what are some of your favorite moments like this in older comics?
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Marvel No-Prize Book consisted of a lot of mistakes made throughout the years...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Maybe he sarcastically mock punched him lmao (actually.... that could be a fun little moment)