Sup with WeaponsUpdate and Compound Powersets update ?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by VioletSorceress, Jun 10, 2016.

1. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Its been 7-8 weeks since anything significant was added to TestServer and I think Nature and Electricity players waited enough already.

Meanwhile I got some relevant questions:
    - Are you going to buff all weapon combos or just longer ones ?
    - What about melee Weapon Mastery combos? How come rotations involving ranged WM combos ended up doing more damage than melee ones?
    - Is speccing into WM still going to apply a damage penalty to certain combos?

- Are there any additional changes planned for compound power sets or is just a damage buff.
    Were are dealing with 2 extremes: Pets are too fast and DoTs are too slow to set up.

- What are the plans for nature's shape shifting forms? Their weapon combos will need buff too.
    - Is Wolf going to be an irreplaceable part of the AM or just an optional appendix ? Id rather see Wolf with a separate AM. Anything requiring more than 3xDoTs-Set up will be unplayable by the new standards.

Generally, Nature is a bit more complex and I think Work in Progress thread will be needed. Otherwise you can expect mixed response.
    • Like x 3
  2. Serj Committed Player

the reason melee WM seemed to do less damage is because of interrups range combos didn't have to deal with, netting in more overall dmg. the combos themselves did way more than range ones(off the top of my head, dual flurry was nerfed afew times because of it, some shield WM combo as well), but as i said they were long and vulnrable to interrupts.

on the subject of any additions for powersets, all we players have to rely on is what they announce here or the various media applets. so, in that regard it will likely be a damage buff/nerf and a midrange pass to bring the remaining 4 powers in line with all the others.
    specifically about nature and dots, the wolf form counts as a summon power even tho you change into it. tying that to WM makes no sense, that's like having summon crystal or summon fury work with WM(even tho they are part of the AM).
    as for the dots, one thing they could do is to make them chain like HL combo's to make the process faster... one dot into another for DoT centric powers such as nature and electricity.

as a general rule of thumb, the same process that will be applied to the powersets via midrange will probably also apply to the weapon changes/updates.

i know this isn't the response you were looking for, but it's probably the best response you'll get until a green name chimes in.
    after nerdofprey's twitter post about having 4 colors as an option on the next game update(61) i think you can expect that much to be on test soon.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I don't have any details to share yet on the weapon pass, except to say that it is massive and we're not going to rush it out just to get it out.
    • Like x 12
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

4TH COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
  5. Stilway Well-Known Player

We don't mind waiting.... just whatever you do please don't have the person that did electricity's last update (fire that guy). Maybe have the person or people that worked on the Ice, Mental and Gadget updates work on the weapons. They seem to know how to do math.
    • Like x 3
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Nature and electric have been waiting for almost a year, and the plan for the last 6-8 months have been weapons, and then electric and nature. Rushed isn't the first word i think about when talking about the weapon update.
    • Like x 9
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Is it being done all at once or in chunks?
  8. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

In regards to after the weapons update, will the slow AM starting times of DOT powers be addressed in their respective updates, or is it too early to say for sure?
  9. Phill Committed Player

With the key word being massive. I would say its all at one time.:)
  10. Askarod Active Player

Why just dont add weapon dmg multiplicator for each power attack, and then add something more and more the number of dot you throw ? With that you keep one dot burster and you have a nature power who can possibly make it with celestial ice fire atomic etc. With that dog will take a nerf, but Wolf can totally do the job depending of your skill bar, you can make it even more power full stacking 2 skill bar.
  11. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Nah, melee WM and especially SpinChop>DualFlurry were not that vulnerable to interruptions like AMs are.
    Main reasons were multiple times nefring DualFlurry and the massive buff DualThrow>Explosive Shot got.
    Im just wondering if Melee WM combos can come close to something like 30K dps and ranged to something like 25K. Devs should have some plan and vision about these updates by now.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The goal is to hit the weapons all at once.
  13. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

do you guys have atleast a target date that is being aimed for so that we can have some idea of how long we can expect changes to occur. and also im sure its prolly been asked but are the intentions to release both the weapon and elec/nature gu together or broken down?
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We do not have a target date. Power updates would follow after weapons.
  15. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Target date is understandable but do you have an update as to what is being done with weapons? Is it just an update to damage out, is it an overhaul of the weapon trees, is it a combo of both, or is something entirely different?
    • Like x 1
  16. Stilway Well-Known Player

Judging by the lack of response with a target date or even an update number in mind. I'm guessing that they haven't really even started on it yet. The team is probably having it's time eaten away by server issues and getting out monthly content.
  17. MrMigraine Devoted Player

To be fair, you do have a target date: 2016.

It's just a really wide target date. And there's nothing wrong with being wide. ;)
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It's a damage pass plus the introduction of midrange. Trees and whatnot are not being changed in the current plan.
    • Like x 2
  19. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Can we expect wm to be improved in terms of dmg?
    • Like x 1
  20. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

WM damage update also correct?