Suggestions for upcoming Content, Powers and Weapon

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by qECLIPSEp, Dec 5, 2017.

1. qECLIPSEp Well-Known Player

Hopefully with your input and ideas Mepps and DCUO will take notice and get some ideas for the growth of the game.

First, the content aspect I would like to see are new DLC's based off of Martian Manhunter, Mars missions going against White Martians and ending with a big boss fight with the Big boss here on earth. Even more missions with Aquaman fighting in Atlantis as you are covered under a protective dome under the sea, or even missions on Gorilla Island itself. Also with the introduction of next Legends like Gorilla Grood, Martian Manhunter,and Vibe.
    Second, the powers I would like to see coming out within the next year (not 2 years apart). Controller power: Sound/Vibrations so much could be done with this power with sound and Vibrations coming from your mouth hand and foot stomps. Healer powers Mists/Vapors surround your enemies with deadly vapor or heal your allies with healing mists. Tank powers Experimental Serums or Liquid Metal Both have potential to do great with Serums giving the opportunity to give the growth like Giganta or with transformation possibilities.
    Lastly the weapons, we have been long enough without a new weapon! So I suggest Dual whips the one weapon a pull can be added along with the style like chains, classic whips, electro whips, etc.

These are just a few of my ideas, now let Mepps and DCUO here yours.
    • Like x 2
  2. Ultra Lightspeed Active Player

We do need some Martian content. If I recall, the launch of the current Justice League comic started with a white martian invasion. We do need some powerful alien enemies that are not Brainiac or Kryptonian. Perhaps the reason they did not use the martians was because the alien invasion stories have been common to the main game storyilnes, but after a needed break introducing a couple time travel and Amazonian stories, I think we can do this now.

I eagerly await Experimental Serums as well. Still want that healer lantern power too- whichever color they go with. But like alien invasions, the lantern stuff is pretty well-worn. Good storytelling means not overexposing people. I was glad to see Gang War call back to the pre-30 game content for this reason.
  3. Ascended Well-Known Player

I'd be down for a trip to Mars.

Though I think we're long overdue for an adventure in the future. Perhaps introduce the Legion in a sequel to Age of Justice, where Vandal Savage is up to his old tricks in the 31st century?

As for new content.....I'd rather see the devs fix the lingering problems than anything. PvP needs some serious love. There are bugs that haven't been cleaned out for ages. Combat could use a few more balance adjustments.

Then some small, quality of life changes. Letting us stack things to 99 was a godsend, and there's a lot more small things like that which would make the gaming experience much richer. Lots of people have mentioned lots of ideas in threads dedicated to such things. For myself, I want to see what a character's CR and equipped weapon is on the character select screen. With over 200 points of CR, saying I'm level 30 is meaningless, just as my starting weapon is. And if we could lock the background screen per character that'd be cool too. I want to put the Oa background on my cosmic space hero, and the Gotham skyline behind my twisted Arkham villain.

Expanded R&D. If I can get it in game, I want to be able to make it at the crafting table. Sidekicks, titles, styles, armor, weapons, base items, materials, auras.....I want recipes for them all, and I want R&D itself made more important. Unless you raid a lot or are making a enhanced style, R&D is largely pointless.
  4. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Speaking of big boss fights, I could of sworn then dcuo was coming to ps4 when os4 launched said we will have bigger boss fights. I hope they didn't mean like trigon alert or GoMs last boss. Unless going from SoE to DBG changed a few things.

I would like to see some of those, an actual fight. I remember in AF2 I believe we fought a 3 headed dragon, that was fun
    • Like x 1
  5. SparkmanX Committed Player

HI

In terms of content, I would really like to continue with the plot of earth 3, but unfortunately the raid tells us that this universe will disappear. In that sense, I would like them to make a plot based on characters from Asia. I explain why:
    [IMG]

1. Style. I would really like them to incorporate more styles inspired by Asians. I do not like that we limit ourselves only to suits of league of the assassins and kabuki. I think the culture of Asia has the potential to give us different styles so we can have more freedom when it comes to dressing our characters. Also the Asian culture has several themes that can be used to decorate our lair.

2. Map. I think it is time to introduce a different and enigmatic environment for many of us. The landscapes of countries such as Japan or China are really beautiful and contain a long history of ancestral battles for honor. I would love to see a fiction lands from the DC comics that was inspired by the Asian world. I would like to get lost in these maps, and not see them only as a place where I have to fulfill the tedious duty of faming.

3. Female characters. One of the complaints I see in the forum is that the styles are based on male characters and not on female characters. I would like the next styles to be exclusive for each genre. A masculine Asian warrior style and a feminine warrior or casual style. The more ancestral the style, the better it will be .

Next Power set.

[IMG]

For the next power, I really care very little what the name is or what it is inspired.
    Experience has taught me that no matter how interesting a power sounds because it is inspired by X or Y character, in practice it can be a boring and impractical power.
    On the contrary, I want a power that is truly innovative and that gives us a new perspective on some of the support roles. Preferably the role of controller since it is one of the most affected with this revamp.

Here are some examples:

Imagine that you have a power called symbiosis or spiritual Manipulator. let's see now that new mechanics can incorporate to inovate those that already exist.

1. Crowd Control
    Now the CC has been very devalued in the role of controller; But what would happen if part of your CC consists in taking control of three NPCs and changing them as allies? As with Starro, now with this power you have the ability to turn enemies into allies. When they die, you can convert three more.

2. Damage de-buff
    This is one of the least used debuffs since its impact on the game is practically insignificant. The only time it is important to use it is when the boss has an attack buff to be canceled. But what would happen if when the boss appears the giant skull in the head, you throw a debuff that reduces the attack in half? This can be achieved if you do the exact combination at the time the skull appears over the head of the boss . You must also have controlled at least one npc since you are going to sacrifice the "soul" of the controlled npc to partially seal the power of the boss. Needless to say that this would kill the npc to save the lives of your teammates.

It would be great if the effect applied effectively is rewarded graphically. For example: When the boss's attack is sealed, a giant shadow that appears on the boss's back vanishes. This means that half of his super dangerous attack went directly to the controlled npc.

3. Protection shield
    Instead of carrying a simple shield like everyone else, this power allows you to use one of your npc as a shield. If you do the correct combination (on the button where you have the "shield") the controlled NPC dies and its spirit becomes your magic shield. However, if you make a different combination, you will give the order to the controlled npc to fence and revive one of your fallen teammates. That would be something really innovative and spectacular to see. The npc would arrive instantly where your fallen partner since it is really his spirit that will act while the npc dies. Using the spirit and not the npc to revive it, the devs would save having to redesign all the npc.

4. Camouflage. If you do not like to wear a shield, what do you think about being able to temporarily disguise yourself as one of the npc you control spiritually? This would be a power similar to distraction in the gadgets or grandeur in the mental. You would go unnoticed by enemies and you could deactivate consoles or revive team allies without having problems to be attacked.

I honestly want to see something like that in the game. :(
    • Like x 1
  6. Soke_Remy_Gambit Well-Known Player

For me I'd honestly like to see only 2 things. So let's look at the styles there are and right from the start you can make a just about perfect Magento. So how about a Magnetic power. And second of all I'd love to see a new weapon. Would love to see a whip as a weapon choice it would be pretty epic.
  7. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

1000x yes for the martian dlc. I would love a White Martian invasion or something similar. Im all for it
    • Like x 1
  8. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Very nice ideas buddy.
  9. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

What if we had weapons unique to our different powersets? Not just the plain old fiery sword that does what normal weapons do. Beyond the style. Like it interacts with our PI's.

Example: Fire (cuz its my favorite) A big flaming Axe 1H weapon that has a trail when used...ember and ash falling. I run up on some adds, drop Inferno clipped with fiery weapon buff, in to a WM 1H to Dual Wield combo (uninterrupted) that does 40 to 50% more damage to npc's. Game changer. Just saying, would be cool. Imagine the possibilites and the broader spectrum of playstyles. Making WE and Hybrids compete with PFFT players.
  10. Inferneus Level 30

i would revamp/remake old weps like 2 handed or dual wield, they have ******** stances in combat mode... about new powers i would like to see doomsday powerset (tank) and something like vampire/demon power (tank/healer) and as new weps i would like to see kratos chained blades :D
    • Like x 1
  11. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Good ideas.
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I would really like an entire DLC based on Lobo. We have 1 ugly hoodie with his name. It's time he gets to cause some havoc. It could even be an event like Starro.

I know people are all into the JL and dressing in spandex, and wearing your underwear on the outside of your tights, lol. Some of us aren't. I want denim, leather, spikes on clothing. Basically some thing to look like the antihero I've always wanted.
  13. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Im tired of open world shared ares last few DLCs have and these kill 333/410/500/1000/100 000 adds to get 8 marks missions.

Id rather get Iconic Legend solos and an Elite Alert instead of an open area.
  14. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

How about we make Japan and /or China the next big map? Can you say "giant monsters in Tokyo!" or stopping someone setting off a nuke in Hong Kong. Could be interesting where you need to not only fight the villians, but deal with the local authorities who might not be too keen on American based heroes dropping in. Villians might have a decided advantage here as they don't have to worry about the fallout from collateral damage.

Weapon wise I really want to see WM mean "Mastery of a weapon" where the higher level combos do the same DPS as the cross weapon combos so you can use the weapon you want rather than having to find a cross weapon finisher. Also buff the weapons for a WE to match the DPS of PFFT and do at least a basic weapon pass to get the higher level combos roughly equivalent.

I do like the idea of some oriental costume styles as well as skin tones and facial features. And please don't make them all frowning. A few more positive looks to choose from would be nice.
    • Like x 1
  15. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

Power wise I really want to see either a teleport movement set or power set. Some of my other posts list our specific move/power possibilities