Suggestions for my new toon

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CanaryGrimes, Jun 17, 2023.

1. CanaryGrimes New Player

So I made my own Kryptonian with electricity powers, but I don't want to use the powers. I want to make my toon closer to a Superman like character with flight/brawling moves. Is that a good way to go? Or not? I don't pvp ever if that helps.
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

I think it would have been better if you chose Earth as power. Mixing a few Earth moves with some Iconics powers.
  3. CanaryGrimes New Player

Ah man, I'm already lvl 28.That does sound a lot better though
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's not a good way to go at all.
    1. Just using Flight abilities and punching things is not going to be effective in most content. You need to have a solid build for both solo and group play.
    2. In group content if you are in melee range (which definitely applies to Brawling and most Flight abilities) and you're not built to be you put yourself at risk. You're not going to feel very super if you keep getting knocked out.

The good news is you can incorporate Heat Vision and Frost Breath into a variety of builds for any powerset. One of the top AoE weapon combos is a simple tap>hold Brawling into Martial Arts combo and it's ranged. If you want to keep with a Kryptonian theme I recommend looking into Ice or Earth.
  5. CanaryGrimes New Player

MAN... I knew I should have went earth for my character. Thanks for the info though. I'll try to do what I can with electricity on him for now. Don't want to start all over, sadly.