Suggestion on anniversary Superman emblem (Doom Metropolis)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrStoob, Jul 30, 2020.

1. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Apparently, there was some hoo-ha over the Superman emblem, the result being that DC/DB/whoever didn't want the iconic emblem running around the game willy-nilly.

Would a 'time served' reward help with this? By that, I mean that members who have been active in the game for a length of time could be awarded the emblem or feat?

It's obviously a very desirable emblem but to have it inaccessible when it does exist in the game is somewhat frustrating. Even if it happened, I doubt I'd be eligible yet but to know it's a possibility would be something to aim for.

Thanks.
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Not a bad idea Sadly I have some experience with the whole "time served rewards" thing and that can cause problems as well. I used to play City of Heroes and they had a reward system for members whole had played for X number of years.. There were several

Seemed like a great idea .. the longer you stuck around and played the game the more free stuff you acquired. THEN it started both on the forums and in game.. BRAND new players moaning because "Why does he have that on his toon and I don't I want it too!"

and of course the "just wait 6 months or a year or how ever long" just didn't cut it. LOL the game was trying to say thanks to players that had subscribed for year and handed them a ton of cash and some guy with 1 month was crying because he wanted that too and why should HE have to wait a year?

Never can please everyone
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Let.

It.

Go.
    • Like x 5
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It was announced before the emblem went live that it would only be available until the end of that year. It was announced on the forums, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and I believe in a Twitch livestream that it was a limited time only addition. If a player didn't log in to run the Doomsday Raid and save up/purchase enough marks to get the emblem that's on them.
    • Like x 3
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

A
    G
    R
    E
    E
    D

LOL I maen come one yeah the thing looks cool but I forget how man feat point owning it handed you and even if that gives you one more skill point.. If 1 sp makes the difference between living and dying constantly in game.. YOU (meaning whoever desperately wants this thing) have bigger problems than the lack of it.
    • Like x 2
  6. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

OMG I love the use of "THAT" song from Frozen Can we all tell that Tech had kids and now has Grandkids? lol
    • Like x 1
  8. MrStoob Well-Known Player

I just want me fancy S symbol. :)
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's a fancy super emblem coming soon.
  10. Caroline Dedicated Player

I don't think people have issue with the emblem itself, but the feat that's connected to it. I have all feats except "Back from The Hack' one and having feat points attached to these two feats is lowkey annoying. Giving a title is cool, but not being able to achieve an extra 10 or 50 feat points as someone that's a completionist is pretty ******.
  11. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

It already had a limited run time to get the emblem...
    • Like x 2