Suggestion for the potential blue lantern power set

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by xGaretJaxx, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Boiling it down, it seems more people are worried about the "they have that power, why can't I?" mentality. I personally don't think Heroes should have received Red rings in the first place. Attacks fueled by rage are closed-minded at by no way comic book heroic. "But Guy had a Red ring, and he's a Hero." Yeah, and he nearly killed his fellow Green Lanterns when rage took over. Not very heroic.

Personally, I feel Villains should have received Red, while Heroes should have received Blue. Both new to the WoL 1. That aside...

Everyone is going back and forth making weak excuses to give Villains Blue rings, much like the weak excuses given for Heroes to have received the Red ones.

Leave it at this: Aren't there other Rings? If Heroes alone get Blue, that leaves the Indigo (easily excused as villainous only), Star Sapphires (rarely depicted as heroic...oh, and sometimes masculan, too), and lastly, Orange (that might cause issues with our Christmas Events).
  2. Tule New Player

Here is another solution to the "blue only works with green".

In "Red Lanterns: Future's End" Guy Gardner, as a blue lantern, was going around healing people, taking off red rings, making hard light constructs and so forth. Bleeze asked him "How do you do it?" "You know what I mean, the blue ring isn't suppose to work that well with out a green ring nearby." Later on he reveals to her how it works for him.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Blue Light could require Fight for Light DLC. Which most everyone has bought, or gotten for free. Story wise, your character was once a GL deputy or has access to a ring.