[Suggestion] Character Name Case Change Station (or Token)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Superskull85, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Every time a sale comes around I am hoping to see cheap Character Name Change Tokens so that I can change the case of various character names that I have. I don't want a new name so I don't want to be paying a full 1000 Marketplace Cash for a name that I am not really changing (and per name I want to change the case of). I'd rather put up with the name. But no cheap sale of these items comes. They are typically 25% off which brings them down to 750 Marketplace Cash. Legendary discounts not included with that discount or any of the prices I mention below.

I don't actually want to change the name and changing the case of the name doesn't free up any name. So to hopefully get a more accessible way to only change the case here's some suggestions ranging from free to one-time purchase to multiple purchases.

Riddler's Jumbletron

This could be a station/amenity just like a respec station. It could also be a further feature of an existing repec station. The idea here is that you are not changing the identity of your character name but rather changing its appearance. If you can change your costume free for a small in-game Cash fee why not the case of your name too?

Character Name Registration Bot

Since this is a trivial alteration it could also be a portable but permanent bot like a Portable Workstation. A one-time fee of 500-1000 Marketplace Cash allowing you to make ongoing case changes as you see fit.

Character Name Registration Token

The name could use some work but this could be a simple token worth 250 Marketplace Cash. A minor respec like Personality cost half of a major respec (1000 down to 500) so why couldn't a trivial respec be half the price of a minor respec? If half dollars are not acceptable you could go up to 300 Marketplace Cash.

It would be fine with me if either suggestion is implemented. I just want a no-hassle way to change the simple case of many of my character names.
  2. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

Chraracter Name Case Changer?
    I guess the devs would be creating this item for you alone.
    I doubt there are 2 people out there with that very individual wish.
    • Like x 1
  3. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Well providing your opinion is always your choice. :) However is it really anymore niche then a consumable that teleports you to the Ring War or Diamond Heist? A teleport to an event that is hardly run needing to be there absolutely immediately. It's still something I as a player have issue with and would be a nice quality of life feature.
  4. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

I understand your dissatisfaction, especially since you'd probably need 2 name change tokens to fix your cases because if you'd try to go from, let's say, "SuPeRmAnXXXX" to "SupermanXXXX" a regular name change token would say that this name is already taken. So you'd have to chose a proxy name with the first token, and then use the second to get the intended case fixed name.
    As frustrating as this might be for you, I think it will hardly sell.
    About the comparison to the ring war teleports: I think there was a time when they actually sold, before lair teleporters, because people wanted the feats for X ring wars faster. If it doesn't sell as well anymore as it used to, why take it down? Leaving it up requires no effort.
  5. Superskull85 Devoted Player

And in comparison creating such a feature shouldn't be that far removed from creating a full name change token. It has been a while but I have created similar topics in the past and I can tell you that at least at that time there were a few that agreed. I won't provide names or anything but again this is would be a nice quality of life change.

There could also be an alternative option: allow me to contact support and have them work with me to change the case on an individual basis.
  6. iClip Committed Player

Not terrible idea....I'm guessing you've misspelled your name a few times and spent a ton of SC to keep buying tokens?
  7. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Well no not misspelled as that would imply I need to add/remove or change characters. In which case I'd buy a normal rename token (although regretting that I made a mistake and didn't proof read my name).

A lot of my characters use military ranks to abbreviate their names. I had been using the short form names with only the first letter uppercase. After some time I used the Commander-in-Chief rank. To avoid potential confusion I used a variation of the short form "CinC". I didn't like how CinC looked nor did I like Cinc so I choose CINC for that character. After a bit I realized I liked that case for the ranks and started to use it for future characters. I ended up with CMDR (Commodore), FADM (Fleet Admiral) and a reserved CDR (Commander; to make it distinct from Commodore) on my characters. I'd like to change all of my characters using these kind of ranks to match.

Disclaimer: I don't claim to say these are "proper" rank name schemes. It was just what made sense to me. But this is besides the point.

I also miss-cassed one of my characters awaiting potential powersets that I also invested rare/seasonal/limited items into. So deleting it and restarting is not an option for me without, say, style unlocking or a way to extract styles even though he is pre-30. Instead of the rank I want to change the case of his given name. In this example he has the given name "BowWow" (it would make more sense if you saw the character and were around when I explained it to friends). I'd like it to be instead "BowWOW".

In all examples I could give I like the spelling of the names but just not the case. Also restarting the character is not a possibility or is not something I'd consider given the time investment (again I'd rather just put with the cases).

That is probably more than what you expected but maybe it helps understand why I want this option. :)
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I agree. I change my alts names a few times. I have all 16 character slots full from the beginging. A lot of my names were taken on other servers. Back then they gave each toon a free one. So I feel ya. Cause there is no way I would spend money to rename.

I still have 1 green lantern respect I never used also. ;)
  9. iClip Committed Player

10. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Please don't misunderstand. I am saying I want to be able to change the case of a name, for example SUPERSKULL to Superskull and not a new name entirely even if it just a spelling correction. So for example I am not asking for a cheaper price to change Superskull_PS1 to Superskull.

Now in terms of the name collision problems I can understand how you feel but at the same time having two Superskull's on the same server, for example, is just not possible. So if you do want to change your name from the name you choose from your free token I still do think you should have to pay the full rename token price (1000 Marketplace Cash).
  11. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Did you mean to attach a message when you quoted me? I don't see it unless it is hidden in the quote mistakenly.
  12. iClip Committed Player

From this "Not terrible idea....I'm guessing you've misspelled your name a few times and spent a ton of SC to keep buying tokens? "
    no, sometimes, I'm lazy and use 3 dots infront of comas, because I'm used to it for some reason lol
  13. Superskull85 Devoted Player

No sorry what I mean is after I replied to you initially you quoted my reply and just posted that without any messages. This is the direct link to the post I am referring to: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-change-station-or-token.278347/#post-3784703