Suggestion: Base Item Restore!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Deal of a Lifetime, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Deal of a Lifetime New Player

Hello! I have always wanted a way to restore base items back to my inventory (I mean, after collecting and adding them to my base item inventory), so I had an idea... You know the item restore system, right? You can use Daybreak/Marketplace Cash to restore a deleted item to your inventory, and members are even granted one free item restore per month. What if there was a base item restore too? Just like item restore, players would use Daybreak/Marketplace Cash to restore base items to their inventories, with members being granted one free base item restore (or a few) per month.

So what do you guys think? Useful? Useless? Silly? Any other ideas?

(PS: Another great idea - though it is not mine, I read it somewhere, but I want to support that idea - would be to make base items work like styles: a message would tell whether you collected it or not. I just hate it when I collect repeated base items... which is why I suggested a base item restore system.)
    • Like x 2
  2. Deal of a Lifetime New Player

Bump! Is my idea that silly? :(
  3. Eve YouTuber

Nice idea, but I doubt it will happen. We can get base items and trade them between our characters as we wish, unlike style items.
    (Unless it's enhanced version or lockbox style), so It's not something that I see happening anytime soon. But here's to hoping!
    • Like x 1
  4. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I don't see this happening. Some base items are tied to feats, so what would stop you from collecting the item for the feat then putting it back in your inventory to sell? You could even use this to have the system when a feat say "collect x number of base items" like the anniversary feat. Just put it back in your inventory and collect it again. Of course this would be either expensive, or take a long time to do.

What I would like to see is a better base item management system. More filters to find what you are looking for, a way to quickly place multiple copies of the same item, etc. There could even be a way to suppress base items you are less likely to use (like archive for r&d plans).

As for a collected indicator, I would like something along the lines of what we see when donating to the league. You see how many of that item are in the league base item inventory. So if you have none, the tool tip would indicate 0 collected, but it would show you if you have 12. There are many times you want multiple of a certain item, and you may have an idea of how many you need for your decorating plans.
    • Like x 1
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

Along the same lines I had an idea that might be interesting which is to make a vendor like the rare styles vendor where you can buy rare base items for MoV and make the purchased item account bound. In the same fashion that some styles don't show until you are a given CR you could have some items only show if you've collected them before.
    • Like x 1
  6. Deal of a Lifetime New Player

SkyyRin
    Maybe that exact idea (base item restore) will never happen... but I really would like a way to get rid of some base items. Even deleting would be fine, although it seems a bit drastic. Still, if we can delete items in our inventory, why not delete base items in base item inventory, right? Scrolling through that base item inventory can be very, very tiring...

StealthBlue
    Hmmm, you are right... players could abuse such system. But like i said to SkyyRin, what I really want is to be able to get rid of some of my base items, for I only collected them for feat purposes. I like your idea of hiding base items, they could call it "base item storage", hehehe! And I like that idea of "collected indicator" too, it would be very useful indeed.

tukuan
    A vendor for rare base items... That is a good idea too! Although even the rare style vendor does not have all rare styles for sale, such as the ones obtained from Home Turf bounties. I think devs would have a hard time deciding which rare base items to put for sale, since there are hundreds of them and most non-seasonal feats only require a certain quantity of collected base items instead of specific ones.
    • Like x 1
  7. Brit Loyal Player

There are three main functionalities that I want to see changed about Lairs.

First, I want greater freedom for furniture placement. Let us put that pizza box on the table, let us put that bottled city on a pedestal, let us put that lamp on the night stand. Allow three dimensional placement of objects, rather than binding them to the floor (or wall, or ceiling). And if that means somebody puts their chair floating in the air... so what? That increased freedom to place items within three dimensional space, rather than binding them on a 2-d plane, would make for infinite more variety in lairs. It would allow us to put a divider wall on top of another divider wall to make them go clear up to the ceiling, instead of giving us these silly cubicle effects in our bases when we try to partition them.

Second, I want the League Hall permissions to be applied to personal Lairs. If I grant somebody permission to move furniture in my base, let them place, remove, and move furniture freely. That's what the permission is for. Do not restrict them to this "you can slightly wiggle or turn the item, but must leave it in it's same original area" ruling like you currently have. League Halls do it right. And since League Halls barely allow for the placement of items, most real decorating is going to happen in our Lairs, so allow us to team up to decorate our lairs with our friends (or hire people to do it for us), rather than bogging us down with extra rules.

And last, NPCs. We need scientists and medics and thugs and prisoners and guards and henchmen and sidekicks and PEOPLE that we can put in our base. Flash and Green Arrow both have their CW/WB teams that they can keep in their bases. Why can't we have our own team in ours?
    • Like x 1
  8. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

There are already base item boxes at the bottom of each of the latest episode vendor, and considering they have caps on MoV, devs probably think it's good the way it is now rather than doing full documentation of these items.
    You are supposed to fill the lair with real people, not having twitter bots in it. I'd love to see permission revamp tho, like accessibility available to chat groups/across all toons of an account, along with removing permissions to base I don't like.
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i would even just settle for sitting in chairs. #functional chairs and doors for 2019.
    • Like x 2
  10. Dene Devoted Player

Restore would be abused for feats - find a way around that and I agree 1000%
    • Like x 2
  11. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

if I started typing things id love to see happen for base items.... well I should probably make my own topic for that lol.

but as it pertains to the topic, ive collected a league hall statue by mistake(on a few characters too I think) so if the only thing we could do is donate it to the league hall id be ok with that.
    • Like x 1
  12. Deal of a Lifetime New Player

Dene Prince
    Challenge accepted! How about this: It would not be possible for that player to recollect a restored base item. That restored base item would be marked as "restored" to that player only, just like items can be marked as "important" or as part of an armory. All players would be able to collect that restored base item, except the one player who restored it. After all, if that player is restoring that base item from his or her base item inventory, it means that he does not want it anymore. This would not prevent that player from collecting the same type of base item (by either purchasing or dropping it again), only that one base item marked as "restored".

Lycan Lightshade
    Oh yeah, another great idea! To move base items directly from your base item inventory to your league hall base item inventory! Yes, I would be fine with that too. For God's sake, I have an obsessive-compulsive disorder that is heavily impacted by the current base item system...
    • Like x 1
  13. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

see that way we don't have to worry about abusing the system ..... and you can just call me Lycan lol
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

If it was resored to account bound status, that would be great.
  15. Deal of a Lifetime New Player

Devs
    Sooo is any of these ideas possible? Would you please share some thoughts with us? :3
  16. OG ELITE Committed Player

I wish they could make base item inventory’s account bound. So unused items could be used on any character and not just the one that equipped said item.
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

i would say: you need at least one to stay in your base. otherwhise, it would get exploited. you need to get one at least for your feats, only if you have collected more than one, i would agree to your suggestion.
  18. Jack-O-The-Green Well-Known Player

I'd use this. I've finally found a use for 15-20 Orreries of the Multiverse (League Hall)
  19. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

To be accurate, item restore was* a function. I filed a ticket for the "unable to start marketplace" message that appears when you try to restore an item without the legendary freebe to find out from a GM that the developers disabled this feature because of problems/issues they had. If they can't get the basic item restore to work, they won't implement one to recover base items in the way you're describing.
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It's silly that unplaced base items can't be made account bound.