Substandard Cell won't boost a Full Fledged cell?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Imaginos, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I have 2 substandard mighty speed force cells at rank 11 and I can't consume those to boost a normal Mighty Speed Foce cell? I don't remember this being the case with other augments, like the substandard death metal ones.
    • Like x 1
  2. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Ok I logged out, shut the game down, relaunched and was able to combine them together. No idea why it bugged out on me.
    • Like x 1
  3. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

The game has been kind of mucked up since the stat clamp was put in place, I think.

I had quit DCUO back in 2018 because of the relentless onslaught of Batman content - it's as if Daybreak thinks that Batman is the only character in all of DC Comics in spite of the fact that Superman started it all, carried the brand and continues to carry the brand. SMH.

Anywho, I came back last year for the first month of the Flashpoint episode and remember the game being very smooth. Play was fluid and controls were instantly responsive like they had always been. I wanted to stick around but at that time the only way to get the most out of the game was to either purchase episodes and other content or pay for membership and I just didn't feel up that. I had already given enough of my money to DCUO and there were/ are other MMOs that don't nickel and dime you to death like DCUO does.

I returned in December after I read some positive reviews of the stat clamp and everything being free so I figured why not. After all, I was here at the very beginning - I actually purchased DCUO and monthly subscriptions so why not go free? It's not half bad to be honest.

But as soon as I returned I couldn't help but notice that the game was no longer smooth, play was clunky and stuttered and controls had delays. Minor delays to be sure but delays nonetheless. Half the time some of my abilities will not fire no matter how many times I press the appropriate keys - which really mucks up my rotation.

And after the most recent episode was dropped back in April I've been experiencing random issues that, so far, can ONLY be fixed by logging out and back in. For instance, in Doomed DC every day, EVERY single day, one of the NPCs that gives a daily will not give it when I first click accept. On EVERY character I play that day. I have to click the NPC a second time before it will give me the mission. And when I go to sell items at a vendor, ANY vendor, I get a message that the vendor action failed. The ONLY way to sell items after that is to log out once or twice and back in. It's infuriating especially when I'm in LFG queue.

Glad to hear you got your issue sorted but don't be surprised if it's not the last one you have. It's the new DCUO. Welcome.
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The issues that the OP experienced have nothing to do with the stat clamp. People need to stop blaming it for everything. Since you've taken breaks here and there you wouldn't know that been all sorts of problems with the game LONG before the clamp. By the time you came back last year and experienced smooth gameplay, they had fixed most of the problems that had occurred after the launch of Flashpoint. They always experience issues, that's not new, nor is it related to the clamp.