Subscription using Steam Question

Discussion in 'PC Account Support' started by Rahl, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Rahl Level 30

Hey, i have contacted Daybreak support about this question and i keep getting different answers, so i figured it's better to ask the people who actually play the game.

If i use the Steam payment option from the website for membership, will Steam use the current money from my Steam Wallet for subscription + a Credit Card (since it's recurring) or just ask for a Credit Card to pay for it and not use my Steam Wallet? Hoping someone who uses or had used Steam to pay for membership can please answer the question.
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

- you have to register a Credit Card to subscribe via Steam
    - I don't know for sure, but what is written in Steam indicates that it first takes money from your wallet and books it from your CC if that is not enough
  3. Rahl Level 30

Ah, ok thanks. I kinda figured had to add a Credit Card info as well. However, can someone please confirm if it uses your Steam Wallet first and then uses your credit card for recurring charges. My plan was to add money to my Steam Wallet for 1-year membership since already have a few money on it already.
    • Like x 1
  4. metalfenix Committed Player

I have that doubt too.
  5. Rahl Level 30

Any steam membership players out there? :(
  6. Vyltran Loyal Player

This..

You guys, have to add your credit card info in steam wallet, add funds and go to dcuo for purchase many addons - episodes - powers, etc.
    • Like x 1
  7. Rahmanoid New Player

Hello, I can definitely confirm that it will use the money in your Steam wallet first, before using the credit card.
    • Like x 2
  8. Rahl Level 30

Awesome, thanks for the replies and thanks Rahmanoid for the confirm answer.
  9. Rahmanoid New Player

No problem, enjoy your membership mate. :)
  10. metalfenix Committed Player

Thanks for the confirmation, I'll give it a try as soon as I get some money to have enough funds on my steam wallet.
  11. metalfenix Committed Player

Ok, I tried the steam, and it works just as Rahmanoid said. But you will need a valid credit card details, just to progress through the payment. I'll explain better:

First, I added 15$ to my steam wallet using paypal (where I actually have my money). Then I came to the DCUO page and selected to buy 1 month membership, after selecting the steam option, you will need to log in on steam. You'll reach a screen where you need to put a valid Credit card details. I put there the old CC I used (it is an entropay card, but it does not have enough money to even buy a Sub month) and in the next screen it told me that it would use my steam wallet funds, clicked autorize, and it used exactly 14.99 $ of my steam funds.

Now I'm a happy legendary sub using steam. The bad thing is, you need a valid Credit card to use in the process. even though you will not use it at the end, and have your steam wallet funds ready before starting the process.

I hope this helps more folks in the future that want to get legendary memberships through steam using the steam wallet funds.
  12. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I have a problem using Steam as a paid method. I got a message saying that Daybreak games cannot charge on my country (Spain) even if i have the money on my steam wallet.
    Any help plz?
  13. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Send a ticket to the Daybreak support.