Style Unlocking - Enhanced Time Capsule Styles price

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Brandon-richard, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Brandon-richard Active Player

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but I thought the enhanced Time Capsule styles are suppose to be free?
  2. Eve YouTuber

Usually Enhanced Time Capsules Styles were free to unlock, so why change it to 22 like the regular gear?
    Can it be fixed to be free again? I am talking about enhanced styles as they appear as "Free" when you want to unlock them (Time Capsules Only). Thanks in advance.
    • Like x 4
  3. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

If I remember correctly, the older TC styles were free because when you got the style back then it came with a R&D plan to craft the enhanced version using specific motes and other stuff. So it was made free for your alts because you went through the hassle of crafting them.

The later enhanced TC styles did not require crafting and were obtained via the same method as the regular style.
    • Like x 5
  4. Brandon-richard Active Player

But now all the enhanced styles even the previous ones cost 22 repay badges. Also Court of Owl face mask is missing.
    • Like x 3
  5. HiHowAreYou142 New Player

So i recently created a character and this just happened
    https://imgur.com/a/iOJ97e5
    in my other characters i created i got it for free on the style tab without using any replay badges. why is this happening can someone tell me? do i have to level up my character first?
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah... it would seem that unlocking Enhanced styles for FREE is a thing of the past.

I guess the argument will be that originally wayyyy back when we had to craft the Enhanced version.... which is why we could unlock it for FREE.

But we haven't needed to craft the Enhanced styles in quite a while now. We get it from random drops in Time Capsules same as the regular style now.

So..... no more FREE unlock it seems. :(
    • Like x 1
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Most likely the price we are paying for episodes being FREE for everyone.

They made ALL the episodes FREE for everyone.... but now try to make up for that loss of revenue by getting more $$$ from the people actually paying to play the game. :(

Should have unlocked all them Styles while I had the chance. :(
    • Like x 2
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Agree with the above. Was the Beyond suit added yesterday, or was it already there? I can't remember. The Enhanced styles we could unlock for free before were all ones we had to craft. If it's only the ones we didn't have to craft that are not free then I guess it is what it is and they're essentially treated the same as the regular gear since they're obtained the same way.
    • Like x 2
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

If the new ones added are no longer free then I don't mind that, but definitely all the older ones that were free before should remain free. Hopefully it's just a bug that will be rectified.
    • Like x 6
  10. L T Devoted Player

The change for the old ones is probably a mistake.

For the newer ones they attached feats-- I think that's likely why the styles cost what they do now. I wonder if they can make the styles free to unlock if you already have the feat?
    • Like x 4
  11. Eve YouTuber

It was there before and it was free too.
    • Like x 2
  12. Eve YouTuber

Well I hope we can get an official response on that. I'd like to be able to at least replay the old ones for free
    • Like x 4
  13. HiHowAreYou142 New Player

damn thats sad i thought i can create a batman character because my main that i got the beyond set is not really a batman toon lol
    • Like x 1
  14. SlNISTERSlX New Player

I actually don't know what's going on with DCUO I mean c'mon who would pay like 455 525 700 replays for a style on an alt toon just to unlock one style when we can replay hella sp and style set with it also what happened to enhanced capsule gears prices!?the enhanced styles and regular ones are both 22!? what the hell is going on!?why we can't trade seasonal styles or at least replay them!?
    • Like x 1
  15. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Ah, I see. If that is the case hopefully it gets fixed asap, I couldn't really check those as I unlocked all of the free styles on my alts whenever they first became available.
  16. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I checked my crafting menu and I could craft all the way up to the Enhanced Speed Metal suit, but yeah it is likely just a bug. Hopefully Mepps can give us a official response soon.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is intended.

As mentioned, the earliest enhanced styles were an extra craftable thing, so we made their style unlocking free way back then. Enhanced styles now drop just like the regular styles, so when making virtually every style in the game unlockable with this update, they got an unlock cost.
    • Like x 5
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Hmm, was this conveyed before the update? I think it came to a shock to a lot of players to see that change.
    • Like x 5
  19. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yeah, while I can see why the devs did it. I do think that if it was mentioned to everyone beforehand, most of us would have used that time to unlock those free styles on our toons while we still could do that.

I know I unlocked a lot of the free styles on some of my alts, but most of my alts I didn't really think about it because I never thought they would no longer be available to unlock for free.
    • Like x 6
  20. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Enhanced styles from TCs are styles we've already paid for when we unlocked those TCs. You're asking us to pay again to use them on a different character.

This is a reminder that styles should be unlocked account wide. Should have happened years ago.
    • Like x 6