Stryker's Island Solo Tips?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by scotch74, Feb 15, 2013.

1. scotch74 New Player

Help! getting my butt handed to me! Am full T4 and am using new mods (didn't say I was a great player) but still can't seem to get anywhere in the boss fight. thx!!
    • Like x 1
  2. MooseDetective New Player

Do you have the right shield? Speaking of which, is there anyway to know which is the correct shield without having your sound on?
    • Like x 1
  3. MercPony Devoted Player

The first guard you release gives a hint on who the boss you face will be... then you choose a form of protection based on what he says.
    • Like x 1
  4. Deviant New Player

I noticed I did better using a melee weapon than with my ranged. And I know I'm stating the obvious, but choosing the appropriate shield against the right boss and hitting the random gears spread throughout the room upon queue helps. Other than that using your basic survival skills and strat (timed blocking, BB, soders, and hearling barrel) should get you through it.

Does it help at all to imprison the initial 4 adds at the beginning of the boss fight. i.e. Freezing them and transporting them to their cells? I noticed other adds keep on strolling in either way.
  5. Abra Cadabra Active Player

You have to have the right shield when fighting the boss. Before entering the boss area talk to the cop on the left and he will give you a clue about who you will be facing. Then grab the appropriate shield. You will have a much easier time I think.

Cop says something about how hot it is = Heatwave = Grab Ice Shield
    Cop says something about how cold it is = Captain Cold = Grab Heat Shield
    Cop says something about Life Signs Being Weak = Parasite = Grab Health Shield
    Cop says something about Geiger Count is off the charts = Metallo = Grab Radiation Shield

Hope that helps.
    • Like x 2
  6. The Doctor Loyal Player

Pretty sure that "cold in here" line now directs you to take the cold shield. At first it didn't , but since that hotfix it seems to now. Beat Captain Cold twice yesterday using the ice shield.
  7. DOMINO New Player

After several attemps I finally completed it with my CR73 gadget troll (in dps stance). If you're using a support role like me, make sure to respec with the best offensive powers you can get. You shouldn't have to sacrifice your support poweres either. Use a consumable to boost your precision. Melee and keep the fight near the cryo-foam turret. Use the health barrels. I did this without any base mods, henchmen, etc. (I don't have enough marks on this toon). Previously, I was lucky to get a 103 shield from Ace that I attuned to DPS since I wasn't going to use it for trolling. This instance is A LOT easier than Ace. Hope this helps.
  8. scotch74 New Player

thx for the tips, I'll give it a go tonite...strangely I didn't have much of an issue with Ace
  9. Liongale Dedicated Player

My best help has been the Sidekick from the base trinkets. At level 2 she casts a pretty big heal on me during the fight that helped me get through it. Plus using a soder early, so the cooldown will be back up later. I also try to be careful- when the Boss in question stops attacking, I stop, so I can see his next move, and punish him with a lunge, block, or blockbreak.
    • Like x 1
  10. zzzJackFrostzzz New Player

this is funny because i have no trouble beating this "with the green shield" on any of 4 bosses, how ever if i pick any other shield its difficulty is greatly incressed. so i dont care what they say i pick the green shield.
    • Like x 1