Stop locking things behind elite. Let us Buy Reknown.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Sammy Well-Known Player

Elite has already been impossible for people like me. Puggers. Even if we are 100 CR above the instance its still a nightmare and often we have to disband.

Locking Reknown, feats and styles behind the Elite wall is too much. But now you are locking cool pets behind them too?

What's the point of playing the game if everything cool is elite locked. The hardest content in the game should be no more difficult than the Stabilizer Duo. (okay maybe i'm just angry, It shouldn't be such a struggle to beat elite)
    • Like x 5
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

That last sentence… this has to be a satirical post, right? I’m kind of annoyed at the tier 3 pet thing too, but no more difficult than the stabiliser duo? Even I think that’s a bit much.
    • Like x 4
  3. Shalayah Committed Player

There goes the Sammy that I know.
    • Like x 2
  4. Shatankav2 New Player

You gotta be trolling . The stabilizer duo? I think your either really bad in general and or trolling. 100 cr above? Imagine not using lfg. All I do is pug in lfg and I've been full renown every dlc soo yea......
    • Like x 4
  5. Sammy Well-Known Player

I am mostly angry that i spent all day trying to beat elite raids and I wasn't able to do one. people leaving left and right. mass insta wipe mechanics. Its not fun. Its not. And I hate it.
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Are you telling me old content can still be difficult without a clamp? Imagine that ;)

Out of curiosity, which elite raids did you try? Did you queue, or use LFG, or were you with a league?
  7. Sammy Well-Known Player

I was doing the Atlantis ones. Crown of thrones and the Throne. I was using the Queue.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Using the queue was your first mistake. I don’t queue anything I can’t solo, and suggest you adopt the same policy. :D You eying that spicy tier 3 Seahorse too? If you’re on EU, maybe we could help each other out? ;)
    • Like x 3
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If people are currently 100 cr above the content and they're still failing that hard, then there might not be any hope for them.

Either way, this is DC Universe Online, not Fisher-Price Universe where everyone gets a participation trophy.

I swear, reading that...100 cr above the content and they're still struggling...??? This is bold faced lie. If Sammy had said they were struggling in CT Elite...i'd believe that. 100 CR above the content??? Nah....this is a troll post.
    • Like x 4
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What server are you on?
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

When you blind queue you get what you get. You want to improve your chances of success, put a group together. Yes, that's not a guarantee for success, but it will greatly improve your odds over a blind queue.
    • Like x 2
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There’s a lot of nasty scaling damage mechanics in those instances, I can believe it. Especially if you blind queue it like an absolute madman. I think this talk of fisher price and participation trophies is a tad unnecessary.
    • Like x 1
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I would have liked the option to level up pets by using them in their matching content. So if you want a tier 3 seahorse, you use it in Atlantis episode missions, etc. This system would have worked great with the new update and no loot locks
    • Like x 2
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, I’d have preferred that too. Not happy about trying to do elites, even old ones. It’s just not my scene.
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Mantas bombs, the pipe sequence, not following mechanics on corum, I mean all of it always destroys pug groups. 100cr over does not matter in elites. Joker bat still gonna wreck a 342cr. Hell, rip in time gonna rip in half 342s. But it's easier now than it will be at end of the month so get that renown asap. So happy I have full renown in everything. Finished the last of it off a few weeks ago.
    • Like x 2
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I think a lot of people underestimate the power of some of these scaling mechanics.
    • Like x 3
  17. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

If you need help getting any headlines send me a message. We have a few really good players in the league that are always happy to help. This goes for anyone, really. There will probably be a few headline farm groups along with the bounty groups this next week
    • Like x 2
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Is it through?
    • Like x 1
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Very condescending post.
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Thanks for the offer, but I’m guessing you’re not on EU.
    Since you’re doubling down, allow me to be more emphatic: Belittling people is ALWAYS unnecessary.
    • Like x 2