Status of PC Graphics Update? New raid needs it!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by High Troller, Mar 19, 2019.

1. High Troller Loyal Player

this is my plead to the developers to supply the PC players with an update on the PC Graphics update to match or superseed PS4 Pro graphics.

I voiced my feedback on the testing forums. In the new Shattered raid, you are being tested with your jumping skills. Many will miss the jump.....and fall into a death pit that counts as a death. they patched normal so it would act like the normal raid.

the elite shattered raid though? there is no forgiveness if you jump early. you simply die. if you are a PC PLAYER and have V-Sync off, you will experience some nasty side effects when turning and jumping on rock platforms. if you turn off v-sync and have a high refresh monitor..... you might experience what looks like lag, but rock platform jumping is more feasable.

PC players are being punished in one of the newest raid for having newer PCs. Please, DayBreak, please consider when making content to accommodate for higher frame rates?
    • Like x 6
  2. Kuno Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

People in test in videos are doing it just fine. Not sure what your talking about. I've seen three videos, and none seemed to have issues due to graphics.

Not saying it's not needed, but that would be an update, not a DLC.
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

v-sync is turned on by default... of course they don't have problems
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

As a PC player with a decent Gaming rig & monitor, the game runs just fine in regards to V-sync and what not. If most PC players are not already having it turned on I doubt they'll run into performance issues just because of this raid by turning it on.

I'd rather bet that most people are not very used to precise jumps and no movement mode, probably factor in way more in terms of messin up a jump than V-sync causing performance issues around it.

With that said, they should implement the PC Graphics update as quickly as possible none the less.
  6. High Troller Loyal Player

Nvidia RTX 2080 + ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q....overkill for this game.. but this monitor isn't designed to run at 30 fps. i play other games that take advantage of this tech, but it isn't friendly with DCUO.
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

That's the fun stuff with this game, a better rig seems more hurtful rather than usfeul lol. But, with V-sync on do you actually suffer any performance issues in general? Because I don't, so if V-sync would fix whatever that seems to cause performance issues for you during those Jump sequences I guess that's a good enough solution in regards to the jumps.

But still, that Graphics Update need to go live ASAP either way lol.
  8. High Troller Loyal Player

i get studders at 30 fps vsync lock... but i am more successful at the rock platform jumping with v-sync on.
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

Oh.. I used to feel those studders somewhat with V-sync off, have just run with it on for a good while, made some exceptions that also seemed to work fine lately but in general I just run with V-sync on and performance-wise it runs just fine.

I guess a quick solution would be to have V-sync running for the platform jumping then... And hopefully all else is fixed by a proper PC graphics update-implementation. I don't actually know how much better that ran whenever they had that on Test before? Was there any major differences?
  10. High Troller Loyal Player

i had to turn on v-sync in the elite shattered raid. otherwise rock platform jumping is not that forgiving. my screen kept shuttering and for some reason frames would drop to 26 fps at times. but i didn't fall into the death pit as much.
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

Ok. Well I'm going to have to wait for it to go live and check myself, I don't think i'm personally gonna have any stuttering issues though as it's currently not impacting my at all that way on live. But I guess V-sync has to be your saving option for the jump phase for now then.
  12. Dene Devoted Player

Only way I can stop 90% of the stuttering is to use NVIDIA inspector and adjust FPS just for DCUO
  13. High Troller Loyal Player

what do you have yours set to?
  14. Dene Devoted Player

It is 59.7 but it took me logging in and out like 5x to adjust to the one that worked on my computer.. test the increments and log in.. move around a bit and see if it helps. When I read up on it, it said that there is no magic fps to adjust to for everyone but everyone will find a "sweet spot"

Mine was really bad in Metro, just flying around up high, for some reason - but now I only see it when I first log in once or twice and then it is gone

EDIT: The only annoying thing is, the settings can no longer apply after a graphic driver update.. so keep the inspector and just open it and re-apply changes - if it seems to revert (the inspector does NOT need to be open every time you play)
    • Like x 2
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Tell me more about this raid, a jump mechanic?
  16. High Troller Loyal Player

your movement mode is disabled. you must jump rock to rock usually at varying depths. if you miss a platform, you fall to the death pit. this is originally a design for both the regular and the elite version, but now it is only the elite version. they patched up the respawn points big time, but there still remains the jumping around requirement in the elite raid.

if you are a pc player....if you leave v-sync off and let loose your fps, jumping will prove to be extremely challenging because of the way this game handles high frame rates.. and if you are in my boat... the monitor and video card can handle it, but not the game itself. the other way around if i have v-sync on, my monito+video card can't keep a low fps. jumping is more stable, but the overall play is garbage. we are punished for having powerful computer rigs.
  17. High Troller Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  18. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I took the advice to use the Nvidia Inspector about 3 months ago(didnt even know that option existed). For me my sweet spot is 65 fps. Its helped me get good performance without havinhg to use the in game v-sync 30 fps vs the reg Nvidia v-sync that never kicked in well enough. Much better control over it now.
    • Like x 3
  19. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I've been forcing antialiasing and supersampling for ages now and it makes the game a bit better for sure :)
    • Like x 1
  20. High Troller Loyal Player

I tried limiting FPS to 59.x, 60, 65, and 120. I cannot steer my character to get properly positioned for the jump. The character requires room to get positions.. either you attempt the jump and you walk/slide off the platform and die or you miss you jump.... or you somehow know how to magically compensate for the limitations.

Perhaps a temporary fix is to allow a hotkey to flip V-Sync on and off with one of the unused F-Function keys?

This is beyond nuts. Sometimes I feel regrets from buying into the membership deal from last year.