Stats Revamp: Tier Eight Content

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Quixotic, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L T Devoted Player

Shades Solo:

I'm able to complete it with Mental, Electric, Atomic, and Sorcery (so far) at CR166 with 10 SP in crit damage, 10 in Crit chance, 10 in precision, 10 in might, 20 in power, and 1 weapon fully unlocked. In terms of mods, I used no home turf mods and only 4 VIII mods. For Electric, I needed a supply drop to beat Artemis... for the others I used only sodas and the prec/might buff trinket.

This seems quite a bit easier than Live to me.
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

Video of God of Monsters Raid using the 2-2-2-2 format from the Point of View of an Ice Tank. Ill go more in-depth about the power in the appropriate thread so I'll make sure to mention just the instance itself.

Trash Mobs

Outside of the NPCs in the Arena fight, these are certain tough. We found clearing them took a bit of time and as a Tank, NPCs that were Staff Users shut me down. Hard stunning I couldnt move and even using my Shields they would blow through them and felt it was taxing on the Healers to keep myself and the other Tank up as we stood there.

First Boss: Arges and Brontes

Nothing out of the ordinary from this fight really. Having seen the mechanics already on Live we knew what to do and due to the weakness of Ice's shields I made doubly sure to get out of the fire. We had a wipe in this fight just due to Brontes hitting the anvil and we didnt block it.

Second Boss: Arena Bosses

Harpy and Minotuar were wrecking the Atomic Tank but it alsogave us a look to see if a Tank could hold the two heavy hitters but Tanks in general arent feeling powerful so its hard to gauge if anything was wrong in this fight. I think we did the fight okay on a mechanics standard but the real struggle came from the Powers themselves.

Third Boss: Typhon Event

Same issue really with Trash Mobs with the hard stuns but overall wasnt difficult. We grabbed the lightning on him a few times where I didnt feel like we had the best line but maybe thats just me.

Overall

I enjoyed the run as I still enjoy it when I run on live and the time it took us to complete felt good for me. The struggle like i've said was the weakness in my ability to Tank. My Shields and Ice Elemental form just wasnt cutting it and our Atomic Tank could barely do any Combos to heal them self and counter to stay alive more.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Posts after this one relate to revamp 1.4.
  4. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

Today, after making a new HL toon on the test server, after killing one of the satyrs (don't know which one, as I had no reason beforehand to pay attention), I got the "archon, arch-off" feat from the anniversary event.
    After defeating the next two satyrs (one of them was a conscript), I recieved the Archon construction obstruction feat.

Idk if this is normal on test, since I haven't tested in years, but just in case...
  5. BumblingB I got better.

• Region/Instance/Mission: Harley's Heist
    • My Character Level/Combat Rating: 176
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: NPCs in whole instance. / Bloodroot adds in last boss.
    • Details: There is just too much damage you take in fighting the adds. It's not a one shot from one add, but take several adds and you are done. It's been like this on live. This is not a very fun instance to go through with how many adds just swarm you. / Can you look at the last boss with the two ivy little creatures? My partner and I both got one shot right when we were about to finish Harley. We saw them do the animation and dead. I started laughing as I didn't expect that. (Partner was 173.)
    • Region/Instance/Mission: Wayn Manor's Gala
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: NPCs in whole instance. / First room.
    • Details: I'm about 100% sure that there either needs to be less adds or they need to hit like a wet noodle. The first room especially you get aggroed and die so fast. The amount of damage that we were taking was like I'm entry level and CR Differential is at play. I'm 176, that shouldn't be happening.
    • Region/Instance/Mission: Raising Hades
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: The harpies / the dogs encounter / Ixion encounter
    • Details: The minion NPCs don't swarm in here, but the harpies just do a lot of damage overall and I'm not talking about the first two bosses, as they are bosses. / The dogs can gang up on one of you and take you out and I'm not sure if control effect breakouts for players is working right. / Ixion's earth attack can wreck you. Especially if you get stuck between him and other NPCs friendly or not and can't get out. His fight overall isn't bad, but that attack, which looks like it can be done quickly over and over again, makes for melee difficult/not fun.
    All three of these were Rage.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

• Region/Instance/Mission: Olympus
    • My Character Level/Combat Rating: 176 Rage
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Adds and bosses. / Hecate / Zeus
    • Details: All NPCs have a one shot that isn't a skull attack. I was under the impression that those were gone now, that the only way to die is if you stand in it. I was getting hits in my log that was my full health or almost my full health. It made Rage DPSing a nightmare. / Hecate's Fist Slam is a one shot, but there doesn't seem to be any Tap > Hold with her, she can just do it... Which makes melee with her kind of annoying. / Zeus's spin isn't a one shot, but, the fact you can't get outside of it's range because of the control effect on it makes it pretty much a one shot.
    Please note, I also did this as Nature and completed it super easy because of safe damage. So the concept of risk vs reward isn't really there while one shots or near one shots can still happen.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Posts after this one are current for the revamp version 1.7/1.8.

We are specifically looking for more information about your experiences playing Age of Justice in the stats revamp. Please let us know if you have and describe your thoughts.

Please continue to use this format:
    • Region/Instance/Mission: Watchtower
    • My Character Level/Combat Rating: 37
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Mepps
    • Details: In the boss fight with Mepps, Mepps hits really hard compared to all of the other NPCs around him. He seems really overpowered.
  8. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Region/Instance/Mission: Raising Hades
    My Character Level/Combat Rating: 200
    Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Bosses and adds
    Details: HL character using combo and weapon attacks at various ranges; partner was 201 fire toon. Both hybrid builds. Adds were a little tougher than on live, but not bad except in final boss battle. Harpies were seriously nasty; it didn't seem that we could do much significant damage, even though we were both 35 cr over the minimum and are skilled players. Took much longer than usual -- soders and supply drops were needed. Same with the dogs and the end boss. Doable but not by much. At level and above, if left unchanged when it hits live, there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth
  9. Hemmy Committed Player

Would it be possible to boost the effectiveness of Regenerative Shielding? Right now at tier 8, it heals an average DPS player for less than 1% of their health. Could that maybe be boosted to say... 3 or 4 percent?
    • Like x 1
  10. Spacewind New Player

• Region/Instance/Mission: Iceberg Lounge Solo
    • My Character Level/Combat Rating: lvl 30 / cr 201 / power gadgets
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Bosses and adds
    • Details: Doing it on cr 201 i'd expect it to go way easier. I may be wrong, but the balance feels very strange. Just comparing to open world Time Torned Area 51 adds in Iceberg Lounge die slower and take less damage. Last boss feels nervous on cr 201 too with all those penguins. Feats would be hard to get closer to at level CR.
    P.S: not a hardcore player just for note. Previously doing it at instance lvl CR on revamp test it was hardly beatable with gadgets/ice.
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

• Region/Instance/Mission: Rip in Time Normal Alert
    • My Character Level/Combat Rating: 201, I was healing, fully modded, 60 in crits, 120 in resto.
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Black Adam
    • Details: We made it through the fight without issues, following the mechanics. However, the burning skull DoTs he puts on you seem to hit too hard to heal through, or there are simply too many. If a group is going for the feat where no one uses the pools to cleanse, it will be extremely difficult to get the feat. Our group was tank, healer, troll and dps.
    Suggestions: Either reduce the amount of burning flames that spawn at the same time, or reduce their intensity. There's no way we shouldn't be able to get the feat if we're CR 201, seriously. But you can't spam heals fast enough (or your power bar doesn't let you), regen power fast enough, and the troll is always close to out of power because of the tank. This was my impression at least.
  12. Surtur Well-Known Player

• Region/Instance/Mission: Harley's Heist
    • My Character Level/Combat Rating: 166
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Hard Light & Celest
    • Details: The difficulty is a tad bit to high. The NPC's are really strong & the same for the bosses which I like. The NPC's were strong enough to stop the mad button mashing DPS from jumping in & pushing buttons. You could actually die. Not a bad thing. The Boss fights... I talked to a few that could not make it past the first boss ( Catwoman ). The only issues that I found with the boss fights were the NPC's being a bit too strong. Other than that.... If the NPC's were tuned down a bit I think it would be perfect.

THIS WOULD BE A REALLY GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE NOVICE, REGULAR & EXPERT INSTANCES. You are already balancing content out.
    • Like x 1
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Instance: justice for all raid
    Cr:201
    Boss: Vandal Savage
    Details: Vandal's one-shot is brutal with all the other mechanics. The adds seem to have a lot of health and do a lot of damage.
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

Hybrid Playstyle
    60 SP on crits
    145 poins on Precision
    Earth
    • Region/Instance/Mission: Iceberg Lounge
    • My Character Level/Combat Rating: 162
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Penguin
    • Details: In the boss fight with Penguin, i have defeated him using the Earthquake SC with the sidekicks summoned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.