Stat clamp is going to ruin DCUO- Please reconsider making this go live

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JSnaples, Aug 11, 2021.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes and then those enemies found the first suit and Ebidia Stain got his own suit and evened out the playing field. So I’m other words yes it is like the first movie.

But technically that comparison is still not the same. Ironman didn’t go back to the same cave. He went to a different area after finding out they were using his tech. So different.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

… no. I didn’t say Batman’s skills change.

But everyone else sure gets needed heavily when facing Batman.

The flash can move, think, and reach faster then someone could even blink. Yet when Batman “tries” to stop him. All of a sudden he can’t do those things fast enough and gets “caught” of guard.

Darkseids omegabeams can keep up with the flash and Superman and can change directions in an instant, yet Batman can react fast enough to dodge them. Again they can change directions.

So yes whenever anyone faces Batman they get nerfed and all of a sudden they are on even playing fields because… he’s Batman.
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Static entertainment vs. interactive entertainment. Different types means different rules.

It's pretty much the same principle as the canon a game is based on being adjusted to facilitate the gameplay. For example, if they hadn't introduced the McGuffin in the Injustice games that allows everyone to fight on the same level, choosing certain characters to fight with in the game would have been pointless.

With games and other interactive entertainment, gameplay takes precedence.
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Okies, I just spoke to the folks in the IT department at work, and they said yes, I would need a version of Parallels that runs on the M1 chip and I need a special version of Windows 10 to rum on arm whatever arm is, and it has to be the Windows Insider Preview … too much trouble for me. I’ll just let others do the testing lol
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

He actually did go back to the same area, granted not inside the cave, but it was the cell with the bald terrorist leader who captured him and eventually later found the Mark 1 suit you reference. Same guy...same cell...same village.

And Stain would be more equivalent to the next DLC boss. Kind of like meeting Braniac in Batcave 3, then in prime, then again in BBS. He also got stronger, as did we. Spoiler, he gets stronger again, in FttF, but so do we. However, after 2 more DLCs we'll rubber band backwards. We'll be at 360 or whatever 'Max' CR is in Ep 42, then 'poof', we'll drop to whatever scaling is for FP when Ep 43 comes out and 40 rolls into scaling.

I'd guess sometime in the future, we'll meet him again...both stronger. That doesn't mean that when we go back to that Batcave 3 Brainiac we should suddenly drop back to our old gear to make it 'fair' for the bad guy. Will they be dropping their one shots to make it fair for us? I'd expect not.

Anyway, I've argued with brick walls before....the bricks always win. I'll go back to just reading again. I've stated my opinion several times and everyone is entitled to their own...at this point we'll just have to see what happens in live.
    • Like x 1
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

But you don’t have to wait and see when it goes live. I get that some people can not legitimately get on test for one reason or another. Heck I’m on test using an old laptop since I’m a console player. I can’t test some stuff pretty well while longer things like alerts and raids I will have to keep login out and back in. But regardless, not everyone can get one for their reasons. But there are other players who can get on but refuse to. Then when content goes live they complain that it’s either to hard or to many glitches or something else. If only a few players are on test and to use everything seems a good difficulty than when it goes live and you find it to hard… well why didn’t you get on test? The devs can’t and shouldn’t listen to feedback from players who aren’t even on the test server. How can they? If you can get on test and have some free time than try it out. See how it feels. If you find it to difficult say why it feels to difficult. A lot of the people saying stats clamp will ruin dcuo aren’t even on the test server..
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm on test....I've been on test....I've put up a few results from test. Solo/Duo stuff was not 'too difficult' (I never said it was) but it was tedious, especially figuring some of it will only be for 'farming' runs or random/count feats. Raids you can do today just getting some bodies will become 6, 7, or 8 competent player runs. Alerts were doable, but again, just take longer. Raids? Well if you wanted the FOS2 upscaled...you are in luck, but if you wanted a specific raid and don't have a full group, welp....better luck next time.

Test is not live. Test users are not all or the average users. Test built groups are not live random queue groups (who are the ones that are SUPPOSED to be benefiting from this change BTW). Going solely off of test, quickplay is a Duo matchmaking system, and queuing into an 'on duty' raid because you need a specific run (vs a random...'source' run) will likely result in NEVER getting into that run. Those are symptoms of it being a smaller pool of users, but those are things that really should be considered, but really can't be because it's a smaller, more savvy test base. Build a group....it's not random queue....if you random queue...you can't get in.

Running GOME in test with 7 other 'test' users is NOT going to give you real results. Yes, you can see how it feels on your personal experience, but isn't the goal of this update to make all this old content accessible to everyone? Sorry, but the test users are not 'everyone'.

I haven't been on test for a week. I'll probably go back in today/tomorrow and re-evaluate after the tweaks they made, but unless the tweaks make random queuing into old raids more possible (or alerts more often), it's not even close to a 'live' test. We'll see the results of that only after it's rolled in and the full player base is involved.
    • Like x 4
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

But that’s what I’m saying. I didn’t mean to make it sound like YOU weren’t testing. It was a general statement that a lot of the people who are worried about the stats clamped aren’t even going on the test server. That’s my point. If people want to make sure the clamp isn’t to difficult than they should be going on the test server. They should invite their friends who are also worried to go on the test server. More people need to get on the tests eevee to test things like this. Instead a lot of players just complain and blame the testers. If the difficulty is to high because the only ones testing were better skilled players than how is that on them? They actually got on their and gave their actual feedback. If more average skilled players got on maybe the fine tuning would be better.

Then there will be some players who will always say something is to hard. Just yesterday I was leveling an alt. He has 96sp, 0 artifacts, and I did the Titan duo. I barely had enough cr to get in there. I was paired with a 339 dps who had 3 160 artifacts and I out dpsed them. Some people are genuinely just bad at the game. The devs do need to make the game at a difficulty that is good more most players without trivializing the content. Some players will just not be happy with any changes. The game can’t stop trying to improve because some will be unhappy. Best they can do is try to make changes that are good for the overall health. The best we can do a players is give out actual feedback to help them adjust changes.
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Hmmmm….. (gets torches ready, sharpens pitch fork) Just in case
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I guess it all comes down to what drives people to play or quit the game. Some people don't care about being top of the board, which is easily doable with the right build and dropping a ton of money. Others like completing the feats. I believe this will make SOME feats more daunting. Just an example:
    If you are a player fairly above the CR for Nexus of Reality, you can grab a 2nd person...walk in...and finish the run in 10 or so minutes...less if you split the side tunnel work load. That means you can knock out the Lex/Batman combo feats in 10 or 12 runs (forgot how many combos...but it's not more than 12). That's 120 minutes...2 hours. The random artifact at the end...that might take 20 or 30 tries (I'd bet there are few users who'd say 100+...it's random after all), meaning 200-300 minutes if you really farmed it in one sitting.

Cut to 2 weeks from now. That same guy who just started, is looking at 1000's of feats decides to get into Nexus and finish these off. He now needs at least 4-5 for walk-in, 8 if he's queuing up. Runtime, likely will be 20-30 min, especially if a 4 man walkin, so the time involved in finishing those couple of feats is double or triple. If it's hard enough, maybe some of those runs are wipes for pure wasted time. And this is a run that HAS a walkin option. Add in random queuing to the mix or having to build a full LFG group and the number could skyrocket. And these are only a few of 100's of feats that will fall into similar circumstances.

Most people playing this game enjoy getting the SP. They like having the artis and gear too....but SP is still a measuring stick which we all use to see where we are at as it's the only factor that still has to be 'earned' vs bought. Most people I know who are relatively new to the game and want to stick around are focused on SP grind, not that they missed an 'authentic' old raid run. Right now, the factors in getting SP (not counting TC feats) are mainly time and access. Access can be solved simply by grabbing some bodies and MAYBE these changes will increase the chances of randomly getting into what you need. However the time factor will go up...maybe way up....and we will have a 3rd factor 'ability' added to those 2. You might be able to get into something, but now 1 or 2 people can't do the job...it will take more, maybe the full group even.

I believe that the extra time involved, and what I think will be seen as putting feats even further out of reach for new players will add more frustration for many. Maybe I'm wrong, but in talking to many the last month, most are scrambling to get feats done they know will probably be off the table later. Well, a guy starting 1 day after the change will not have that option. Sure he might have some fun running Nexus the first or second time with a challenge, but when re realizes it will take another 20-30 times to pick off that one 'artifact finder' feat...will that feel 'fun'? Again...we'll see when it hits.

It's either that or this is all designed to make selling grindy SP more palatable to everyone? Could be. I'm sure some would cheer for that too.
    • Like x 2
  11. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

I believe variety in this game is fair. I run old content anyway for styles collections feats or help new players. I just believe we should be given the option to what way we want to run it.

If people are already bored of Flashpoint, what makes them think dated content will relive them? They'll get bored within a month and go back to Flashpoint.

Keeping it optional is the best bet.
    • Like x 4
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Almost everyone on the 'non clamp' side has said if it were optional, it would be fine. Unfortunately that does not seem to be on the table.

Most of the 'clamp' advocates do not seem to be fans of the clamp being optional....and I believe this includes the Devs... as they know almost no one would use it past a few 'fun' runs at the beginning or on occasion. Meaning they know most people aren't really down with the change. What they all can agree on is they get source...Yippie! And we all know that something is 'fun' only if you get paid to do it.
    • Like x 7
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I must admit, speaking as someone who’s on the fence about it, the anti-clampers have been far more reasonable in this debate. The pro-clampers don’t seem very interested in a compromise.
    • Like x 4
  14. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Ah I'm sorry, I haven't been paying close attn to hardware changes -- didn't realize M1 didn't support Bootcamp until I double checked. This is a pretty shocking downgrade I wasn't aware of. So, yes, Parallels is your only option.
  15. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yes, it's very odd.

Reasonable proposals (ie make clamped the default but with marks & loot and unclamped an option without those) are shouted down and there is so much hostility toward folks that are not in lockstep agreement about this change.
    • Like x 2
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m trying to keep an open mind, but when one side of the debate essentially boils down to: shut up and take your medicine, it’s not easy.
    • Like x 4
  17. Roocck Committed Player

18. Roocck Committed Player

I hope that the devs will be open minded and can establish a clamp or no clamp option… There will definitely be an unhappy side if they decide to go either way…. This way everyone can win and be happy
    • Like x 1
  19. Plowed In Loyal Player

The degree of the clamp is the compromise.
    • Like x 3
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I hope it pans out that way. An instance doesn’t have to be solo-able to be easy.