Starro Vendor.... Only 1 tradable?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cold Fusion, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

This is crazy... The prices are so high for a lot of the stuff... Why are the collections at least not tradable... Is the final product even tradable?

I want to play this event on my alts but I'm struggling to find a good reason... Yes it's a fun event but not rewarding enough to play alts it would seem.
  2. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I run the duo/alert everyday on 6 alts for the crafting materials and collections. I now have 90% of all the items needed to craft all the OP items (done with the ring) and have even gotten extras to sell. The duo/alert don't take a long time to finish and running the clamped raid once a week is a breeze.
    • Like x 1
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Like Black Dawn I am using the event to upgrade a number of alts. In all I have 7 ALTS running content and using the unattuned gear that drops to increase the combat rating on all of them. I have four that are doing all the daily/weekly missions in zone and three others I am just doing the duo/alert daily and the raid once a week because that's where the gear drops.

So far I've managed to increase the CR all every single one of them quickly and easily and in the process every single alt I own (over 20) now has the feat for collecting 6 pieces of "Starro" furniture. I've grabbed a lot of other feats as well simply by doing the duo/alert/raid so many times and when the event ends I'll break out the replays and buy any feats anyone didn't personally earn so everyone's SP increases.

I haven't even thought about spending any of the spores I have accumulated yet I am just collecting them and when it get close to the thing ending I'll simply buy whatever I can to up CR even more on each alt. Basically I am using the event as a means to increase CR and no even worrying about grabbing a style feat or whatever.
    • Like x 4
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

Well, if you plan on finishing most of the stuff if not all of the stuff the vendor has to offer, running the event on multiple toons is the way to go. I saw the "Starro tech-aura" on the broker earlier, so I would assume that both auras from the collections are tradable. The face-style from one of the cheaper collections, "Space to face" however is not tradable (unless they changed it very recently) so chose your toon wisely if you care for that style.

Personally I am skipping some stuff to make it easier on myself. I am using multiple toons to obtain the stuff that I want, that way I can afford to skip a few days of running the event over and over without feeling like I am missing out on the rewards that I actually care for. The event gets old quick imo.
  5. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Ok so the auras are tradeable then... That would at least be something to spend spores on from a alt... Thanks for the info.
    • Like x 1
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

Yep, it sucks that most of the things cant be traded. At least make it account bound.
    Im doing the stuffs with 3 toons. One for the the collections (just missing the 2 vendor pieces), OP gear on my main (working on the mask), and the Vendor gear on another.
    • Like x 1
  7. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I'm similar for alts I'm just running for gear, except I'm also trying to just hop into CC to get the free spore and doing one bounty a day since it drops two boxes and the bounties are super-easy. I believe one of the two boxes is gear.

I get tired of running the other open world missions just because I get tired of having a starro run over and bump me while I'm turning a cog. Gets pretty old after a while.
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yeah I agree with that... Just sort of seems like they overpopulated a small zone. You can't take 3 steps without aggrroing something. Not that I have any issue defeating whatever comes after me but OMG can I at least get from point a to point b without having to engage in 8 battles none of which award me a dang thing?

Its not as bad with the alt that fly but one of my 4 that do the daily missions is SS and I have running battles going with something from beginning to end in there.
    • Like x 2
  9. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Super speed is the WORST in the zone for sure. The tall buildings are on the edge so you are pretty much stuck aggroing half the map. Apparently starfish are deceptively speedy creatures.

And they don't give up either.
    • Like x 1
  10. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Most of this has been stated here already. Just some other info... There is only one collectible from each set that isn't trade-able. The rest can be traded, and 2 out of the 4 that you have to buy are 30 spores (I had over 100 in just one week of doing the allowed amount with a couple replays on the Fallen Stars mission). So really the ones that give out the auras are the only ones you have to grind for.
    • Like x 1
  11. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Very true. They even have almost every single rooftop covered so you are guaranteed to find a fight. All I use is super speed, and the only true option is to try to run on the side of the buildings and jump over everything you possibly can. Still, it is probably the most annoying thing aside from being loaded down with a ton of quicklime canisters for your efforts.
    • Like x 1
  12. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

all this crap DBG does, is a little bit closer to the death of the game.