Starheart Fragment vs Demon's Fang

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Thanks to the latest elite content making healing fun again, I'm now buffing up the heal side of my toon.

Question for everyone though, what artifacts are you using? I'm currently running the omegaheadron and starheart, but looking at the demons fang, as it seems it would be much more beneficial for power. Although when comparing pros and cons, the choice becomes less obvious, such as the starheart fragment health buff would be more beneficial in elite content, especially on Deathstroke, but the demon fang seems it'll be better for your own toons power, especially when coupled with the omegaheadron.

You also have to take the type of healer power into consideration. Water and electric may be able to get away with not needing that much of an excess of power, but celestial sure needs it, when healing a tanks health that spikes alot, you can drop your power bar down from full to none in just a matter of seconds because of combo cost and heavy clipping, but then again with a slight health buff people could survive heavy damage more easily.

I don't know just a lot to think about. I'm tempted to trade the starheart for the demon fang, what would you guys do?
  2. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I personally wouldn't trade my Starheart. That health buff is nice in Elite. The Demons Fang is favored more towards battle healing. With you being Celestial, and with only the select artifacts we have now, you seem to have the perfect combo.

- Edit, I have yet to find another artifact for my Water Healer. I only use Starheart. No other artifact benefits me really.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Celestial doesn't use weapons to battle heal, I PFtT when I battle heal, so it doesn't really help me much in that department
    • Like x 1
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

I'm using the Demon's Fang on my nature healer. Tho I would not let him in Elite content in healer role, lol. If your power management is good as it is right now, you won't need it. If it sucks, then go for both power artifacts.
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm either really power efficient, or I look like a hog. There really isn't much in-between action going on, which is what I'm trying to find lol
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I caved and leveled a demons fang while keeping the starheart. For anyone that doesn't know as well, apparently they doubled the metal you get from starter kits. You now get 16k XP instead of 8

Which means on a double XP weekend you'd get 32k
    • Like x 2
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I use the Starheart and the Demon Fang.
    • Like x 3
  8. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Shame on you -_-
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I thought I found a hidden gem with the demons fang thinking it would be a good hybrid dps artifact, but after some tests, it really isn't beneficial to dps at all, at least not like the venom wrist dispenser. The damage difference is alot more noticeable in healer role.

Hey, Daybreak has been doing good lately so I thought I'd support them lol
    • Like x 1
  10. TestReporter Loyal Player

HERESY! We used to be on the same side Fatal, now we are mortal enemies. Shame on you.
  11. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

:O

Time for me to catch up !
    • Like x 1
  12. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i'm going with demon fang and starheart, mostly cause healers have a damage reduction, and if demon's fang actually helps with dps in healer role it means things get killed faster while i simultaneously heal meaning the heaviest load on your healing abilities (bad or poor damage dps players) is cut in half leaving only the tank to rightfully suck up health as needed for his/her role.
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Which starter kit?
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Artifact starter kit on the market place
    • Like x 1
  15. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Thanks. I'll have to look again next time I'm online. The only thing I could find was a lex Luther starter pack and I knew that couldn't be what you were referring to
  16. Proxystar #Perception

And open my wallet? Blasphemy! :p
    • Like x 1
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's mixed in with the catalysts and seal packs
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

So after healing hive elite last night, I've come to the conclusion that the extra health from the fragment is not worth it. I take a hefty hit on my power by using that over the omegaheadron, and you don't even notice a difference with the extra health, even with Deathstrokes ikon suit. With the demons fang and Omega I don't have much issues with power.

I'll still keep the starheart just in case I want to trade it in for another artifact in the future, but to end this thread, it's garbage and I hope they have a better healer artifact cooking up.
  19. gemii Dedicated Player

i have demon fang and star heart both on 120. im going to replace star heart if a new and better heal artifact ever gets released. Demon fang is more versatile to me.
  20. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

*Reads this* What happen to fatal Whos using mental powers on him? o_O