Stan Lee has passed. 11/12/2018

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Arqueiro Robusto, Nov 12, 2018.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Was looking up the name of Mr Lee's DC-series ("Just Imagine...") and one of the links was to a youtube commentary about his version of The Flash (the image made me think of a kiwi :( ), and would totally want to see that version somewhere (his version was a girl named Mary Maxwell who had what amounts to super Chronic Fatigue who gets injected with hummingbird DNA to save her life, how cool is that? :D )
    • Like x 2
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

3. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  4. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

I'm teaching a university course on comic book history and theory this semester. We started yesterday's class with a moment of silence to honor Stan's passing. Excelsior.
    • Like x 3
  5. Blazing Bacon Well-Known Player

RIP Ditko.
    • Like x 1
  6. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

RIP Stan Lee. Grew up reading comics in the 60's, and while Batman was my hero I still loved all the other characters. I knew there were two different comics but to me they were all in one big universe. I also remember getting a few of the Giant editions (they cost a whole quarter!) and a few I believe were DC / Marvel cooperative editions. He will be missed, for sure.
    • Like x 1
  7. dogmaticus83 Active Player

I love your post. Can't think of any better way to honor the passing and life of Stan Lee, than such a personal story. And somehow you wrote it in such way, that I almost felt like being there with you for a moment... for that short moment I was in a better place. I guess that's the magic of Stan Lee's work. He gave us heroes and myths. He made our lives more colorful, and helped us preserve the kids that we once were.
  8. Magnificent Loyal Player

Stan changed the world of super-hero comics by writing his characters as being more like real people, having depth, personality quirks, joys and sorrows. His work was such a jolt to the superhero genre that it also changed how DC approached their characters. He also changed the way writers and artists collaborated so as to produce far more content.

While saddened by his passing I am also thrilled that he was able to see his works truly come to life, not in just animation or some cheesy straight-to-video dung-fest, but in serious cinematic epics that have done extreme justice to his larger-than-life characters.

Excelsior, good sir.
    • Like x 2
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club