Stabalizer Duo Loot Lock

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Prindacerk, Oct 13, 2023.

1. Prindacerk Committed Player

So I have been noticing an interesting issue. The Stabalizer Duo drops two types of loot.
    - Stabalizer Fragments
    - EEG gear

The reset timer of the duo is unusual in the first place. But that's a different matter. I try to do the duo on the same time (12hrs after maintenance window). But last few days, I queued on the duo after daily reset (earlier than the time I ran normally) because a friend needed it. The game showed that I was loot locked on the duo. Even after entering, it showed as if I'm loot locked. I ran the duo and when completed, I got the EEG gear. Then when I logged back in on my usual time, it still showed as loot locked. I thought maybe I made some mistake and it was locked. But since I was online, I decided to run the duo again. When I completed the duo, surprisingly I got the stabalizer fragments but no EEG gear.

So it seems the loot lock applies on the EEG gear and the stabalizer fragment and they seem to run on different timers. And it doesn't differentiate between both. So game shows it's loot locked because of EEG gear eventhough Stabalizer can be gained. Then after reset and maintenance, game still shows loot locked because of Stabalizer fragment but EEG gear can be gained.

This is going to cause confusion if you login randomly at different times. Or you need to keep track of when you last ran and if you ever re-run it again.

Solution would be to remove EEG gear from loot lock so that it behaves the same way as other duos. Only Stabalizer fragment should be loot locked imo.
    • Like x 1
  2. Prindacerk Committed Player

No one else experienced this issue?
  3. Popeyes Active Player

No
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I've also been hearing weird things, like people being able to get more stabilizers when running it on different toons of different factions, but I haven't tested myself. Nope, didn't work; got two source marks two base items and a 10-350 item, along with 90 Ally Favors.
  5. Prindacerk Committed Player

The issue is that the duo has two types of loot. One is Account bound. One is character bound. But the indicator of loot lock is the same for both. So it seems to show the same regardless of whether Account bound loot (Stabalizer) is available or not. Which is very annoying and misleading.
  6. Cypharr Committed Player

I've experienced what you're taking about the reset timer is off. I still don't know how to calculate when next I run the duo. I just keep checking. Also today I was able to run the duo twice on different toons. I would appreciate if the stab duo rest the same time as daily & weekly content.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

IF you hover over the instance in custom, do you see the description of what's locked in the middle? Raids work like this too, where if you miss the 1st boss, the run shows locked, but the middle section says WHAT is locked, like 2nd boss and final boss.

I can't get on right now, but I'd guess that the middle section would be something like 'account rewards' or maybe 'character rewards'...showing both if you ran it on the same toon, but only the character one if you were running on an alt.

Someone said at one point too...that the stabilizer resets in the EU different from the 'daily' reset, to match the US stabilizer reset time. Not sure if you are EU or not, but if that's accurate, it might be part of the mix too.
  8. Prindacerk Committed Player

Hover is not an option in PS with controller. Never knew how to view that in PS.

And yes I am in EU and that's why the timer works differently. So now I do the Stabalizer run 12hrs after maintenance window to be safe with getting the loot correctly.

What I don't understand is the need for character reward loot lock because it drops the same loot as any other EEG duo. And it would probably work with the 5 minute timer as well. So locking that loot doesn't make sense.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I believe there are Nth rewards (there were in the OG stab run), which they wouldn't want you to be able to 'farm' in there. I'd think of it more as an 'event' run....which are loot locked. Technically the stabilizer run is always a 'current' run, not EEG.

And by hover I meant just selecting the run. The middle pane should show what is locked and you could reset (don't reset...that's stupid at 87 replays). Run on your main and see what it shows is locked...then bring in an alt, and i'm guessing it will show a different locked list with only the account rewards locked.
    • Like x 1