Spreading misinformation.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by David Ivanenko, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Nemisor Committed Player

another pearl of wisdom I remembered

"rage tank cant tank high end content unless they are over geared"

considering I almost fell asleep the other night rage tanking L&W at 109 I thought it was pretty funny.
    • Like x 2
  2. Skyfairy New Player

I have a league mate who is convinced gear matters when doing legends. He insists we lose matches because I'm wearing pve gear lol.

Also same guy is adamant that certain collections are linked, so for example if you're out in the Historic district in Metropolis and loot a red kryptonite that means there is also a green one nearby. No doubt he looted a red kryptonite one time and the next one he got was green and formed the conclusion there was a link.
  3. David Ivanenko Committed Player

Yeah, USPC, lol.
  4. DialH New Player

There are some people in the Accidental Perfection thread claiming to know some secret to getting it, they're obviously making it up just to mislead the community. Kinda sad.
  5. Ice Lantern New Player

If I have a friend who is coming back from an extended break, I feed them garbage like "there's a feat for collecting 1000 Enchanted Beast Horns" and we have a laugh as the person keeps needing on them. I typically won't do that to pugs though unless they seem like cool people to joke around with.
    • Like x 2
  6. Fools Fire Loyal Player

The only place Superboy Plaque Rubbing spawns is below the Superman Statue.
  7. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

Was in Artifacts the other day and the this guy kept going on about how the next powers were Shadow and Water and Giant because of the Artifacts in the dlc, me and two other group members kept telling him that no the next powers were munitions and serums and atomic, he called us liers. That he heard on the forums in a dev thread. We just started to laugh. Another time this one guy was blasting the devs about munitions being exactly like gadgets because he saw a lifestream no one responded to him that time we all just left the raid.
    • Like x 2
  8. Fools Fire Loyal Player

The lowest DPS gets the ring in A&B. So, right before the end, stop and take off all your gear.
  9. Invalid Opinion New Player

your opinion matters :cool:
    • Like x 2
  10. Champion_Of_The_Gods Active Player

I heard one last night from a guy who was given misinformation by a jerk- all power attacks were based on might and weapon attacks were precision based. That would make so much more sense though as far as speccing than what we currently have- it would be less confusing. But that isn't how it is.
  11. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

I just want to reach through my tv or computer screen and slap people when they say that lol.
  12. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

The end is nigh
  13. High Troller Loyal Player

I spread misinformation because I used to get sick of players asking what power I am. With the name High Mentalist, I tell them "I am a Celestial Tank." If they kick me from the raid, so be it. It's happened in the past (4 months on USPS). It still does.
    • Like x 1
  14. duEprocEss New Player

Umm, what? That _is_ how it is.
  15. ×FlareEUPS Active Player

not exactly, might powers which can be comboed are excluded from that because the combos are precision based. Example Rage DreadfulBlast is might -> comboed into precision based attacks

×Flare
  16. duEprocEss New Player

Yeah, technically, you're right. The first hit of a power is might based, the following combo will be precision based (if there is a combo).

Basically, yellow numbers = might and white numbers = precision.
    • Like x 2
  17. Klarion Prime New Player

Played with a healer who said he couldn't keep throwing out his healing powers because doing so too often would draw the aggro in the room to him instead of the tank. When everyone in the room told him healing doesn't draw aggro he got mad and walked out of the instance.
  18. ×FlareEUPS Active Player

you brought it to the point :D

besides that, someone told me a few weeks ago that the orange numbers your pets/trinket pets etc. deal are precision based
    thats NOT true, the damage made by pets is scaled by your cr and is NOT affected by your stats (prec,might etc.)

×Flare
    • Like x 1
  19. kawe Loyal Player

The scary thing about this one... that was true for a short time!
    After the duping glitch the original plasmic aura had a second run on the trade black market. <_<
  20. kabeq Well-Known Player

Where is "x"?
    It's right in front of you bro! You can't see it?