Spooky Bites

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Nov 1, 2020.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

Which items are high demand that can be brought with these marks? I have atleast a 1,000 across all toons and looking to spend before event ends
  2. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

I'd suggest checking the broker like everyone who to the thread is going to do. :)
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If i'm looking to buy items for sale, I tend to go with the base items related to star feats. Collections are good too, but cost much more, so (assuming inventory space is not an option), I'd rather have 5 base items I can sell for 5 million than 1 collection I can sell for 10-15 million. Plus as many base items are interchangeable for feats ('have 10 of any' vs the 'have one of each of these items' feats), there is a better chance multiple buyers will need what you are selling. I also try to lean toward things people will actually use. A lot of the 'window' items get used a lot, as well as things that are not 100% tied to a particular season. Xmas trees for example aren't much good in a non Xmas theme base, whereas a skeleton in chains, pub items, various furniture and deco items look good in several bases.

If strictly going after what will sell, I'd say stick with the 2019 or 2020 base items. They don't drop out of the Teekle buckets (that I know of) and are part of 'get any 10' feats.

BTW...don't sell them till Feb at least. Let the other horders flood the market for a bit.
    • Like x 2
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

Ty
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

The problem with investing in the furniture items for re-sale is they get lost in the broker so people have to be actively searching from them. Some things like the storm clouds and snow from the winter event are always in high demand so they are a safe bet. For Halloween Teekls used to a be be save as people searched for the all the time but now they don't seem to go much about 15m even 6-9 after the event. Given that you have to spend so many bites for them it's not a great return.

The final collection pieces are usually not a bad idea as they show in broker for people who don't have them which is good for new and returning players a few months down the road. I can't say for sure for this lot but I know when I sat on some the winter ones, I could sell them for 20-30m a few months after the event.

The pendulums seem to be holding value even during the event 5-8m, so it might be worth grabbing some of those. I might also grab some of the cheese. I try to visualize what someone with a ton of money might go hog wild on to re-vamp their base (like the snow and clouds above) and those a likely candidates. I wouldn't go all in though as you could end up getting stuck with a bunch of items. I took a bath on the megaliths from the St Patty's event thinking they'd be a solid sell. Eventually sold them for a around 8m but had to list them a half dozen times so it was a lot less once you factor in broker costs.
  6. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Teekls dropped from Klarion this year and from the vault too? I know I ended up with 6 or so of them and have seen them for as low as 1-2mil on the broker. Perhaps they'll go up. Isis may be worth a bit more due to 1, giving an item when you click her daily and 2 not dropping and only being bought. Wish that stupid cat post actually dropped out of those buckets. Have yet to see one.
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Never saw a Teekl from the Vault, but I do know they can be nabbed from the Trick or Teekl Buckets. All I saw out of the Vault this year was Pumpkins and Boo-Tility Belts.
  8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Hence the question mark. The wiki says only from the Midnight Masquerade but I'm thinking you're right with the Buckets also. Either way they drop far more now than they did in the past and you can buy them off the skeets bootique, making them even easier to get.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Isis also goes for a feat...I do not remember that Teekle did, although Teekle is a bit more fun to have in the base as it jumps around and wrecks stuff or attacks your other base totems. Isis just kind of walks....and poops garbage items most days.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This is 100% true and the best advantage to buying collections. The only issue with them is the higher investment price (5 or 10x a base item) and the fact that if they are pretty rare, you might way over or under price it if you are listing the only one.

And if you were buy St Patty's stuff, why not bar equipment? Every year I buy 20-30 pub pieces and can sell them for 8+ million all day long any day of the week. Some moreso if there are none listed. Everybody wants a bar in their base or league hall. Gotta unwind somewhere...oh yeah OP, that reminds me...anything that looks like torture room equipment sells well too. Good 'unwinding' there too.;)
  11. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I don't get why anyone would buy event stuff on broker where you can clearly get it for free with event marks.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Because people sometimes miss events, have past events to catch up on, or maybe they come up with a deco idea for their base that they now need some spiffy item that won't be available till next year's event. For example, go get me a camper base item right now for Sand dollars...I'd like to see that trick. Easy to do in July, but not so much right now. Stocking up now for seasonal items to sell later is a sound investment if you have the time, currency and inventory space to sit on the goods for a while.

Personally I have not been doing it the last few seasonals as I've already got 20+ toons that are full of inventory and I don't have the time to sell it all.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

Laziness or not having enough time to play to get the marks needed creates demand.
  14. tukuan Devoted Player

Bar stuff is my usual go to, just this year I thought the rocks looked really good and that they'd have decent demand both for nature as well as magic themed lairs. I did end up selling them just had to post them a lot.
    • Like x 1
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

This is definitely the trick for this sort of approach. I have an alt for each type event items but most I don't play very regularly. So I have to actively go on them around times when I think there's a market for those goods and check the broker. Sometimes I end up missing the window as I think anyone who knows this, knows there's a point where the market dies because the event is coming up.

Of course this is even more of a hassle now as I can't send the earning from toon to toon so I either have to shuffle the goods to one or my more regular toons and they have pretty full inventories already or sell it on the alts and then use them later to buy things I need like a kid going to his parents.
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I just wait till one of my 'storage/selling' toons is stupid rich, then I buy one of the TC items I need(or another big ticket item) and send it to my main. DI devs...I know you don't allow us to mail money any more, and don't have a shared cash slot in the bank...but.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1