Special Artifacts (For Color Changing Powers)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Oz'Ryel, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Oz'Ryel Active Player

As the title mentions I wanted to suggest to the devs, a way in game to change the color of powers. (We even have one that does precisely that with heat vision changing it to blue!) Here are a few simple examples:
    • Power Rings or Lantern Artifacts: Depending on the color of your artifact powering you can change your Power Sets color. Having all the color spectrum means we can color our favorite powers in almost any colors. Even if your Character is already a Lantern you can have the construct reflecting the mix of colors or have an intensify effect if you happen to have the same color. An "Auxiliary Accessory"can be added to the Style section so players can toggle on and off the color of their powers and weapons color effects.
      • Example:
        • Green or Black Power Ring Artifact with Fire Power Set you get: "Green Fire" or "Black Fire"
        • Red Power Ring Artifact with Sorcerer Power Set: "Blood Magic" looking powers
    • Trigon 7 Sins or Ravens Coloring Artifacts: This artifacts will give your powers a more Celestial or Demonic Color to you powers, it works the same as the power lanterns rings, but instead it just adds more mystical coloring to your powers. I notices that the Sons of Trigons Sin they embody seem to have a similar color scheme to the Lanterns but with a more Hellish Dark flaming look.
      • Example:
        • Sin of Wrath or Sin of Envy Artifact with Earth Powers you get: "Lava looking Earth Powers or Toxic Looking Green Power with Dark flames etc"
    This can be implemented as a collection, reward for completing a story arc, market capsule item or even add them to the Artifact vendors. Adding the an "Auxiliary Accessory" to the Style Section will give the players the option to toggle on and off the effects they unlock (whether its a Lantern Glowing ring effect or a glowing Jewel of Sin glowing and floating on your forehead) and since its an artifact it will not only give you a free cosmetic unlock for your Character you may also power it up to get bonus stats from it. So if you want to role play or just cosplay as a Lantern with 2 rings, a Power Set with another color, Play as a Lantern Version of your Character with other powers that are not Construct or Hard light looking or Demon Posses Villain or Hero you get more options to do so.

So what do you think guys? Any additional ideas for this is welcome or if there are other post with similar suggestion let me know I love to support them! Who knows maybe we get to see something like this or similar in the future. The more customization options we can get to create our hero or villains the better! ;)

Thank your taking your time to read or Post.

PS: Was not sure if this is the right place in the forums for this suggestion, if not my apologizes.
    • Like x 3
  2. Isif Committed Player

Cosmetics are always great. Unfortunately, they would probably turn it into a trinket with a cooldown and limited tray ability. I'd even take that, but it may come cross kinda gimmicky. If they have the horse and man power, they should make the Universe as diverse and fun as possible.
    Or it may be in the "Iconic Revamp" stage of DCUO which seems to be a maybe (Heat Vision doodad).
    • Like x 1
  3. Oz'Ryel Active Player

I'm with you, I welcome any of what you mention, as long as it adds more diversity and more customizing options!
  4. Ergotth Committed Player

Just giving it to fire would make this powerset much funnier, for other powers, I'm totally for it. And if it doesn't affect the weapon colour, it won't confuse players anyway since they will know your power by your weapon attacks regardless the skills. Ice would also look great with black colours, like shards of obsidian.
    • Like x 2
  5. Oz'Ryel Active Player

OMG BLACK ICE? YES PLEEEAAASEEE!!!!! I really hope that in the future we see any form of customization like this... I know its wishful thinking but I would love to see that this is something that DCUO devs already have been working on even before I got the idea when I saw what the artifact did with the blue heat vision! ;)
  6. Jimp88 New Player

Id be up for that or allowing us with the light power to choose a color for it instead of shoe-horning us into green or yellow.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ergotth Committed Player

Thats tricky, becuase they follow DC's lore when it comes to the lantern colours, and there are colours impossible to become powers because their lore limit the users of it. Especialy Orange, Blue, Black and White.
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

it would be interesting if they came out with different modifiers for the powers, after all hal jordan, kyle rayner, and guy gardner have all already shown that green lanterns can be just about any other type of lantern depending on their emotional state and there are even different "forms" that differ from individual lantern to lantern like alan scott or any of the aliens that use different constructs. nature could have some form and color presets like hell hound or ghostly canine forms/halloween wolf form and different leave colors based on each preset. ice can have blue ice, black ice, clear ice etc. i know i'd use an object that changes the appearance of certain powers, though mostly i just need my hand blaster beams and stuff to be green.
  9. Jimp88 New Player

I would see no problem with Blue. Orange would work if you made yourself look like Orange energy (A sentient construct, or if your name is Julius), Black : simply use an undead skin. White would be a problem.
  10. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

as long as we don't have to upgrade them or anything
  11. Oz'Ryel Active Player

Agreed! There is potential for all these things you mention!

Hmmm I do think that there is a Green Magic Power ring in the hands of Alan Scott and it was created from the Starheart (Call the Green flame of Life)... it looks like green flame...but sadly the DCUO incarnation of that character dint add that unique cosmetic look to its powers.
    There is Even a NEW Emotional Spectrum "The Unseen Light Ultraviolet" that feeds on the emotion "Shame". There are new NEW additional flash powers beside the Speed force call: The Still force, the Strengths force and the Sage force! lol Yeah I know DC went that crazy with it lol

The stories seem to still ongoing so I think it will take some time before DCUO team adds it to the game...BUT point is that there are enough rings and power sources to add the change of all color, add new cosmetic looks or even both, to powers if LORE is one of the main reasons for not changing the powers of colors...OR THE color of AURAS or be able to mix them for that matter! lol I can even imagine a few auras that would mix rather well!
    I think there is an "old free to play game" call Champions that though is not as good as this one I heard the customization options on it are HUGE! If they can do it with such and old title I think DCUO can pull it off too.

I just hope IF they add it to be artifacts... it docent take sooo long or nothing at all, to level up for it to affect the color of your powers or weapons (if they go full color change)... I think it should be a instant change as you equip and the level up should be for special DoTs, Lifesteal/heals or Control to just useful Effects added to your powers or Weapon attacks.
    • Like x 1
  12. recoil2 Dedicated Player

trust me champions was rather interesting, i played through it to end game a bit when i went on hiatus. it had a slider for customization and quite a few options for styles just starting out, and it even had a nemesis system where you could create your own villain arch nemesis and fight them through preset missions till the end of the storyline with them in a maximum security prison. some of the fights were pretty challenging too, almost like a slightly harder version of dcuo but with inferior graphics unfortunately, i mean it was good looking but not quite as realistic and sharp lined as dcuo is with it's graphics. but the stories and dlcs were definitely interesting and fun/rewarding to run through. they even had a whole apocalypse end game storyline that i never quite got through due to it being multiplayer and difficult to solo.