Sparty´s Fire dps Pve Loadout (T5 raids)

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by xSpartacusx, Aug 10, 2013.

1. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

Hi guys :)

I invite you to try my PVE dps loadout. I use this in T5 raids and it works great. If done properly you can keep up with other powersets.

This rotation is highly power efficient, as you´ll notice. On this video i explain some concepts that i´ll mention in advance (recording was made on a tank training run, where jt was showing how to tank to virtues) :) :

HT mods required:

• Escalating might mod
    • Enduring damage mod
    • Replenishing adapter for weapon or Blast adapter.
    My pve spec is all might. Stats, and power points allocation are mentioned on the video.

Some details you´ll notice and feel weird about this rotation:

* It doesn´t include Inferno :eek:
    Props to JT, since he advice me to try a rotation without inferno, since there is no point using inferno in paradox since the boss is moving all over the place. And surprisingly, i found out that actually the damage increased dramatically and reduced the power consumption. The reason why inferno is not used, is mainly because of the mobility in paradox raids (tunnels). Also, it uses a particular rotation between snuffout/detonate that easily outdps inferno by far. That´s why i find more useful snuffout/detonate spam over inferno. (see paradox footage on the video).

* It doesn´t take innates :eek:
    Due to the nature of the spec, it won´t use innates, since the points allocation won´t allow it. So, remember to clip and spam all the time your fiery weapon. You should be fine.

*Micromanagement is a must :eek:

Always use Spont combustion to set your interactions (its wider, last longer, and if you kill the target add, it wont remove the effect), and if possible clip with fiery weapon.

Cast mass detonation to rebuff your 60% damage modifier and lock it for 20 seconds, and spam it as long as the mobs are above 40% (since the other dps would drop their hp even lower). If they are lower in HP, target the mob with the highest HP to apply overheat - remember overheat is removed if the target dies - Or, choose the lower in HP and spam snuffout for the 5k+ hits. If you do this properly, in a mob group you can land several 5k+ hits only on finishers.

When using single target, spam the snuffout/detonate combo (This is explained in the video just before the paradox raid footage). If done properly, you get the weapon dmg, the 2 ticks of snuffout´s damage, and detonate.

On the video (and regularly on raids) i don´t use lvl V exp consumables (i rather use consumables for pvp), but i encourage you to do it if you are more into pve than me. The damage doesn´t split and can hit up to 1k - each mob/target around-.

An example, if you have 1 boss up on a paradox tunnel, with 4 mobs around, thats 5 targets, thats 5k extra damage spammable each 5 seconds (it´s the consumable cooldown). in 20 seconds, its 20k more damage that adds up. I recommend karmic 5 hex expert, since it´s better to clip. Static grenades works good too, yet they wont clip, yet u can spam.

Overall, not using inferno or other power like flame cascade, you´ll trade less amount of low numbers (i know they look cool, isn´t it?:rolleyes: ) for more higher numbers.

My weapon of preference for this rotation is Rifle, since it´s the weapon suits better for my playstyle, and the way this spec works, is the most practical weapon in my opinion.

Cheers =D

• Like x 4
  2. MolleaFauss Active Player

Interesting.
    Wonder if this build's still good even with single target bosses that have no adds...
  3. Mazarati Active Player

looks good but you have more purple gear than me and my might is higher only slightly. nice build, but i feel you outted 1 of your crucial dps iconic powers because after getting all those powers you only had 1 power point left. the damage still looks good but i feel the iconic point you gave up crippled the damage. my highest critt was 12,077. and my moderate damage hits between 2k to 9k. spontaneous combustion helps better than inferno.
  4. MolleaFauss Active Player

Tried it in BD and worked good even if only on a T4/cr77 fire toon.
    Was top dps with 170k more damage than the second (700k vs. 530k).
    No mods still and with half gear between T3 and T4. Weapon was prime Rifle.
    Great build, spartacus!
    • Like x 1
  5. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

Glad its working for you too =)
  6. Roomba Dedicated Player

Not trying to knock you or your build, but what I see on the video is pretty good aoe damage and less than good single target damage.

Maybe the split damage is just making it seem that way though. Id like to try this out!
  7. perplenerple Active Player

nice chunk of cash you've got there :)
  8. Tracmar Well-Known Player

Tested on nexus a few days back .. works like a charm :)
    • Like x 1