Sparring Target CR!!

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Aggro, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Aggro Well-Known Player

I know it's late and CR doesn't matter anymore but can you guys put 190?

126 to 190 on live server was a bit messed up especially when CR did matter but now that it doesn't can we still get them up to current dlc?
  2. Karasawa Loyal Player

Or better yet, can we just remove the CR from sparring targets? We don't need to know what CR they are anymore and I'm tired of people focusing on it.
    • Like x 4
  3. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Like it or not the majority of our stats come from our gear which is the level / CR of our gear.

There is no getting around that.
    • Like x 1
  4. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

You could drop your CR to match the dummy and also make sure to remove mods.
    The CR of the dummies should be the base stats for any gear of that level. Base stats being zero buffs, mods etc.
  5. Karasawa Loyal Player

The Devs could make a 100k Health/Prec/Might/Resto/Vit head piece and give it a CR of 10 if they wanted to. CR does not equal stats; stats = stats. CR is arbitrary.
    • Like x 4
  6. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Stop with the what if's and arbitrary BS.
    The DCUO devs spelled it out for us with the weighting of stats in this revamp.
    You can look it up if you want but base stats are in the gear. CR = level of gear = base stats
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Based on what I saw, the sparring targets have the same defensive mitigation stat as most enemy NPCs. Increasing/lowering their CR will only result in their health stat being adjusted. For the purposes of StatsRevamp, that doesn't help much unless you want to test your Execute/Finisher move in a rotation.
    • Like x 1
  8. Karasawa Loyal Player

Like I said, we don't need to know any of that.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

A good example of that would be the OP gear. Even if it has been out for a while, it's Item level doesn't change, but your CR goes down if you place it in the same spot with a higher level gear.
    • Like x 4
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm with Karasawa, just take the freaking CR off of the dummies so people can stop homing in on it as if it makes a difference to parser tests
    • Like x 4
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

This.

I'd have to look for some old videos but I'm pretty sure the sparring targets used to show a level of 1 until they introduced CR differential to the game. The only reason the dummies even had a CR was because of the differential and, now that it is gone, their CR needs to go away.
    • Like x 1
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Cr only dictates what content you can enter that's it. With the whole stats matter and the pages of describing what the devs plan is I figured it would be clear that Cr don't mater.

And to the people saying remove the Cr, no, who cares what it say we have to stop making changes just cause someone can't do something or doesn't get it. All the info is public and if someone chooses not the read it they have no place in the testing feedback. If someone mentions Cr in the context of dps just ban them from testing feedback. I've had enough with these types of people.
    • Like x 2
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Removing the CR is not a game breaking request and will get the people you're talking about to shut up finally. There's a difference in right and wrong changes, this would be a right one. Harlequin is right, it was added for cr differential purposes, now it's time to remove it since cr differential is no longer a thing.
    • Like x 3