Spammers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Dec 17, 2021.

1. the solowing Unwavering Player

Well its time to add a report spammer option on the player list. After a certain about of reports. The account is flagged and silenced from chat outside of custom chats until account review. Of course, misuse/abuse/false flagging will result in account action, yada yada yda.

Let the players be the deputies, its free labor and allows players some degree of agency on cleaning up the spam ridden chatbox in Gothem.
    [IMG]
  2. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

That will be just abused. Not only you can create multiple accounts to troll someone, but you can also call on raids of people to silence others and get unpunished, because they wont ban 50 people for a false flag.
  3. Dene Devoted Player

Dene's Tip Of The day:

Once your ignore list is full - Purge your ignore list of the names that look like they are on there because of spamming (names like that are *generally* easy to spot in your list ) Why? Because really old ones you ignored have prob long gone and wont be back anytime soon - once enough ignore them they retire the name and start again. This doesn't solve the Spamming issue but it will help manage your ignore list

The above is sooo needed - for non bots too but, yeah, wishful thinking.
  4. the solowing Unwavering Player

The amount of reports can be set high, lets say 60. Something enough where its a obvious disruption to the general community, as a way to avoid it tripping if a small handful of players try to silence someone.
  5. thedemonocus Loyal Player

If you buy gold from a gold seller YOU are part of the problem and should be ashamed of yourself. If no none bought gold from them they would go away.
    • Like x 2
  6. El Presidente Well-Known Player

Thanks so much!! All these years of playing and I'm still learning new things :)
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I've always wondered... How do those bots even accumulate the cash in a game like this? In EQ2 it was mining nodes... What the heck do they do here? Farm exo-material? Lmao
  8. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Do I what I have always done. EVERY time I see a message in chat for ANY ".COM" I stop what I'm doing, go to RECENT TEXT, select their name and "Add To Ignore."

They are NOWHERE near as numerous now and they were just a couple of years ago. Back in 2018 when I quit DCUO adding ".COM"mers to IGNORE was almost a full time job. I've been back a month now and I average 2-3 names per day which still stinks but isn't all that bad compared to how they prevalent they use to be.
  9. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

They probably pay some college kids to mindlessly farm iconics or whatever all the time and whatever they get for items on the broker are added to the total in-game currency on hand.
  10. JeanGrey Active Player

Me too LOL. Would love to know so I could farm cash myself XD
  11. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

This happens in every mmo I play even final fantasy 14 which is 1000% more harsh to player breaking the user agreemen. They banned like 7 to 10 thousand player a month for real money trades but hey when you have so many subscribers that you had to stop selling digital copies of the game. But my point is they have a In game report system and as soon as you report them a new one is back in 5 minutes
  12. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

But they'll ban players who take advantage of a glitch that they created.