SP Requirements need to happen.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Theblackcat456, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

Thats your plain opinion,i dont care much for unless you say a significant reply with evidence to wrong me.
  2. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

A guy with 180sp has more knowledge than a guy below sp100,sure i have no hard evidence but this isnt even illogical,its just true from experience.
  3. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

73sp in tod lol, i not for a moment believe you had a run with no problems Eg wipes
  4. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

As a lot have already pointed out (including yourself for that matter) high SP or low SP does not indicate the kind of player that a person is. I could care less if a teammate has 50 SP, as long as that teammate knows how to play and is helping my group succeed. Also, you should know this since you're quite a "seasoned" player with higher SP. Most SPs are about grinding content to increase character stats, not actually making you a better player. Yes, there are some that require some strategy (mainly as a group), but for the most part there is no rocket science behind them. Completing the races, does that make me a faster player than anyone else who hasn't? Killing 5000 reapers does not make me an add annihilator, does it? Is knocking out Capt. Cold a couple of times (or any other bounty) instead of 50 going to make me walk all over Hades? SP are for those that care to maximize their character stats to their fullest, which is why I continue to grind them. Should players continue to grind them out? Absolutely, if you want to have your character reach their maximum level, however that will never automatically make anyone a top dawg in this game. You yourself have witnessed it and even posted it on your thread.
    • Like x 6
  5. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

You wanna a evidence? What evidence you have? I mean... you came here and say.... MAKE SKILL PONTS ERQUERIMENTS... It's easy. I have 210sp, and today I will go to 212... who cares? Just me. And no one will care more than me. Make more SP is my fun in the game, and this doesn't mean that I am a good, excellent or bad, for judge you will need to play with me. you can't judge a book just looking, in this game is the same.

You problem can be end with one simple thing:

NEED ROLES FOR xxxxxxxxx WITH 180sp+

Done.
    • Like x 6
  6. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

No wipes, she was perfect, she was lilstening, and she was good.
    • Like x 2
  7. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

No it isn't. For be a good player you need listen people if you never heard. And if a new player enter in a raid and start doing wrong things, you can teach, and if they don't llistening, you can just KICK, and with this they will learn how act.

Man, off course Skill Points are important, but, a good player cannot be measured by SPs.
    • Like x 4
  8. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

And from now on every feat will be "defeat that boss 5000 times", "Run 10000 times the alert", "Kill all the 1/30 probability combinations of sub bosses in said alert" "Gather all pieces of solo content gear that resets once per month" at least devs would be sure players are not skipping content and are staying a looooooooooooong time in "relevant" content.
  9. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

The evidence is on the game, as a 210sp player, i cant believe you would not agree that a guy below sp100 in t6 is unacceptable, im talking about the extremely low sp guys who in my experiences have always been terrible because of a lack of play[game time], 210 or 211 is meaningless but for example 79 compared to 190[or any number above 140\150] is crazy,the stats and crits lost are significant,
    • Like x 1
  10. DrTyme Well-Known Player

Simply no, I have 200 sp myself and I run with some that have less than 100 at end game and guess what? We get through it fine. what I see that causes more problems is those with high sp that constantly switch powers. Yesterday ran with a troll that had 190 sp didn't know how to dump power, was modded resto or straight prec/might with no vit or Dom mods when I asked about it the said they just switched powers and used that to hit 114 cr. Sp mean nothing. A casual player might not have many sp, they jusT play for fun here and there so why automatically exclude them from content, esp since if they're at end game they are paying to play.
    If you have a problem with that simple solution don't pug just run with league mates or friends.
    • Like x 6
  11. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

Thats where im at right now,i need mainly long grind feats that only some get, at 190sp, i by no means think im bad compared to 210, but a 190sp compared to 79sp is just too far, he cant even get all crits and much stats for the main role,it shows a lack of experience in large areas of the game and a lack of time spent
  12. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

It's unacceptable to YOU because YOU have taken the time to grind them out while others have chosen another route. But again, that does not make YOU a better player just because YOU have taken the time to complete them.
    • Like x 2
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

High SP doesnt mean anything especially with all these powerset imbalances.
    • Like x 7
  14. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

it means something, are u saying a guy with 210 sp and a guy with 50sp are the same? Where is your logic?Im talking about the extremes.
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

210sp fire dps and a 50sp quantum dps if CR is the same I am putting my money on the quantum dps. There is only logic if the powersets and CR are the same, then and only then do SP matter.

There is only 1 piece of content in the entire game that requires high skill points and that ends on May 6th.
    • Like x 2
  16. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Worst Game-breaking Request 2015
    • Like x 4
  17. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

Nope. They're not the same. The 210 can totally suck as a team mate and the 50 can be great. The 210 can go into the instance trying to ransack everything, you know, because he's 210 which may result in failure, while the 50 stands back listening to the rest of the group in order to succeed. Again, you cannot judge a good player solely on SP.
    • Like x 3
  18. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Or, it can show an unwillingness to spend money to transfer skill points to an alt. Or it could show you have multiple alts, and lots of experience, time and effort put into all of them so they aren't all clumsy at their job.

Barring people from content so you don't have to deal with some players you pick up is extremely unjust. Saying that people are exceptions or "outliers" is your experience, and decreases the significance of excluding people from content.

It also begs the question of skill points somehow proving experience and competence. The majority of your stats you get from gear. Once you've covered all your crits and a mastery, you still have under 100sp. A player with four years of experience who can't get lucky with a killer croc spawn so they can work *toward* an extra 3 precision on an alt ... well, I guess you just call that an outlier, and exclude that toon?

You also haven't taken into account Premium. I wonder if you look at the percentage of feats completed at the "laughable" 120sp, if maybe they weren't way closer to their max then you are at 190? And, it might've taken them longer, and been more difficult for them, too. Keep in mind having full legendary gives you a lot of first-run "gimme" feats. Premium doesn't have access to so much low-hanging fruit.

My suggestion is to figure out when to call it quits and find another group, or how to positively identify if someone specific is to blame, and needs to be exchanged. A lot of newer content is set up to tell right away how your group is going to fair later on. If you're wiping on the first boss of Art, you may have a problem. If people aren't looking out for specials or wipe on the first group of adds in Throne, you may have a problem. Ditto, first boss AoD. Ditto first boss, RTN. And so forth. I'm not saying be a quitter ... I'm saying if you're worried about someone in the group not having skill points, maybe you should back up and look at the instance as a whole.
    • Like x 5
  19. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

Im a better player u know why? Game time,i have played all roles and played all content, because i have played along time here, feats give you a reason to play certain instances in certain styles Eg deathproof feat, almost got it except 1died from an add that refused a tanks pull, we Had to play smart to avoid deaths, because of our groups gametime, we knew the mechanics and survival tactics.SP is time spent on game and knowledge therefore equals better.
  20. BaddWulf Well-Known Player

I have played this game since beta but I've been off and on, I have 127 sp. I know every role through and through I also outclass many of those 200+ sp characters you are taking about. I guarantee I have put in more time than you, throughout the years but due to me having a life outside the game I can't play it 24/7 and feat hunt when I'm on I run my raids and alerts get my marks and usually pop a little then get off. What your saying to do is **** on all the people who don't have time to grind feats.
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.