Soul Storm & Soul Barrage Not Working Correctly

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Bushi, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Bushi New Player

These powers are blocked by all players, pets and NPCs.

To verify, go to the room with three test dummies in the league hall.
    Have two people stand between you and the test dummies.
    Cast either Soul Storm or Soul Barrage at the dummies.
    You will see no damage return from the dummies.
    Now imagine you are in the tunnels of JFA .
    Please patch this ASAP.
    • Like x 3
  2. MastaMind Dedicated Player

It does happen. I switched to sorcery after the revamp hit, and it seems to be one of the most broken powers in the game. I noticed exactly what is mentioned here in this post along with the fact that the DoT/PI is messed up beyond all belief. But yes, to clarify further. When we use these attacks it shoots a ball of magic at the target. That ball can be blocked by anything in its path including Fury/Guardian or our own team members.
  3. Duzzit Active Player

It takes skill to use Soul Storm and Soul Barrage. I use them all the time and they work perfectly. They also have the intended restraints of any 'Projectile' attack. It can be quite annoying, but they are working exactly as intended. You have to move in to position instead of just blindly spamming skills. The same is true for projectiles in other power sets too. This won't be patched so either get used to it or pick a different, less skilled, loadout.
  4. Duzzit Active Player

5. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Save yourself the headache and use those powers only for solos, duos and alerts.

Raids, you gotta use other things. Karmic Backlash if you melee. Vengeance, Shards, Condemn, Final Ruin. Use those for single-target on the bosses.
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

SMH.
    • Like x 3
  7. Bushi New Player

if this is normal then sorc dps will never be a contender in raids such as JFA where everyone is squeezed into the tunnels. Intended or not, this needs to be re-thought or everyone will be nature dps.
    • Like x 1
  8. Hempkrete Active Player

It would mean a lot to us - sorcery players, if they change the way these powers work. Losing the damage while trying to position properly drives me crazy even in duos, not to mention alerts and raids. NPCs + pets + players around the target and you can say goodbye to proper damage.
    • Like x 2
  9. The_fair_1 Committed Player

If you want to use then you have to melee, they're working exactly as intended. Sorcery is a "skill based power" that the skill is only having potential for bottom DPS and managing to be there
    • Like x 3
  10. Hempkrete Active Player

Skill based ********. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
  11. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Rage Dreadful Blast.
  12. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Skill? Lol. Please explain how a move that we have no control over requires skill? If it were a game where we could physically aim the projectile maybe I would understand that logic, but the best we have on here is holding a button to lock onto them. Sure maybe there are some things that require skill, but using a power sure as shingles isn't one of them. Perhaps you meant luck maybe? Or just not using the move until the path is clear. either way. Get out of here with that nonsense.

I have not played every single power in the game, but I know for a fact that Ice and quantum have moves that are almost the same exact thing. I am sure that many others do. I know nature had one as well. Ice is literally almost the same move but with a different texture. Works fine.
    • Like x 2