Sorcery is so terrible.....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Sep 26, 2020.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

it has the only 300 powers that dont interact and gave a 6 sec cast. #buffsorcery
    • Like x 2
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

So stop using it
    • Like x 4
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You sure you aren’t doing something wrong? Those silent school fellas always leave a mark when they’re using sorcery tray abilities. The only thing that hurts more is having a boulder thrown at me. :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Sorcery is fine. Especially with 160+ Source Shard artifact.
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Might based its below average but with source shard its above average.
    • Like x 1
  6. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Oh yeah it's definitely terrible for ME but like other powers with the right artifacts it becomes useable. I also will add tho for some it's definitely great so what will work for a few won't work for the many . Everyone has their own style I couldn't get it to work for me on a alt but I've seen some great I mean GREAT Sorcery healers with the high arts to boot to so there you go.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

See, I don't know. While it might not be the meta, I seem to do fine with my Sorcery toons, at least on DPS side(for alts I don't really concentrate on their 'role' too hard). Granted I'm not jumping into any 'DPS COMP' runs, but in normal queue in or LFG PUG groups I've done better than people 10 CRs higher than me in most cases, and that's also running on some premiums that DO NOT have 500+ Sp. Again, not saying it's great, but it's not booty either.

I just this morning ran a VMF 3 dps+heal group and I was 2nd DPS on my 303 CR (300SP+1 23 BOP aug) by about 300K. The other 2 DPS were 317(top DPS) and 314(3rd). And I'm not running source shard either. Granted I'm not going to critique their dpsing...just saying in a random sampling, I do ok in most cases.

That having been said....buff away. It's probably due.
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Damage side is strong with source shard.
    Healer side not so much.
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

"try mental sometime".

- yeah it's that bad,
    • Like x 1
  10. ALB Dedicated Player

You have a video showing hiw strong it is?
  11. ALB Dedicated Player

Post like this is why powers stay underperforming and others get nerfed. you have nothing to add
    • Like x 1
  12. ALB Dedicated Player

FYI, you haven't seen earth with a source shard and BoP troll
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the revamp still sucks.
    • Like x 1
  14. BumblingB I got better.

No, I was testing out different powersets when I was going to switch my healer to a new power. It was edging out electric might based by quite a lot. The thing that made me not choose it, aside from the noises the pets make, was you had to use both powers to feed your pet. Not a lot of wiggle room, but the 3 powers you can put on there is flavor on top of the pet damage. Which is probably why it was edging out electric might build.

I'm not about to go onto test and record comparisons, because A) I don't have to prove anything, you already have a viewpoint and would be hard to change and B) I'm sure I'm probably doing something wrong that people would point out. I used to be on top of these things, but my breaks put me behind. I'm still trying to figure out a gadgets single target loadout.
    I'll be honest, I didn't even think to test it. It would be interesting to try out, if I ever got around to it.

I'm a little annoyed by the dependencies of artifacts to bring up powers as it is. It's very reminded of what WM was at initial launch due to GU36's breaking of all powers and then ultimately the rise of Advanced Mechanics. I think artifacts should be ON TOP OF, not supplement the underperforming parts. Also, still PO'd that controllers have to use artifacts to do it's role as intended while the others don't.

But I digress.
    • Like x 2
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I have plenty to add and I have several times in plenty of posts. Yet you keep making vague posts about buffing sorcery. Never give examples, never say anything except it doesn't work for you.
    I've been able to solo heal, not by choice, fgse grail fight for a long time. Mind control is the only reason I can't just stay solo. Dps'd in there yesterday and was topping those charts too. So I do not believe it needs a buff. Would I use it for a melee build? Nope. Would I use it without source shard? I could but it works so well and is basically the great equalizer that I'd be a fool not to. So yet again, if someone is looking for a loadout to try, feel free to look at my war room post. And plenty of other people using it with great results also chimed in with their loadouts.
    • Like x 2
  16. Brit Loyal Player

I quite like Sorcery. It feels unique and different from other DPS, instead of just another "Lay out the 12 second dot, summon Robot Sidekick, alternate between 2-3 burst powers, and hit Supercharge on cooldown." The pet build with the Source Shard was a welcome change of pace.

I reaffirm that I do not need all powers to reach some mythical level of "Balance". True balance is only achieved when everyone is identical, like in games like Halo and Call of Duty. For MMOs, where different characters have different abilities, there will always be variables.

I'm fine with melee range dealing more damage than range, since range generally is safer. Or melee being more defensively hearty than a ranged build.

I'm fine with longer channel times or longer cooldowns resulting in more overall damage, because those also involve a higher risk of interuption and DPS loss.

I'm fine with powers dealing better DPS while being more power-hungry, so they require a dedicated controller and cannot sustain their DPS on their own.

I'm fine with powers dealing better damage if they involve more complicated power combos or issues of timing, rather than just fire-and-forget style stuff.

Some variance is fine by me. I'm totally cool with a power being better at one thing, if it's worse at something else. It creates a situation of pros and cons, so each player can choose the playstyle that works best for them. For me, I don't want everything to be exactly the same. I want things to be unique, so they can appeal to different playstyles.
  17. ALB Dedicated Player

1. Have you seen earth or gadgets prec use source shard? I have, and sorcery not even close than those 2 in my experience.
    2. In your opinion, sorcery is only good with source shard artifact. T.
    hat's the only way to be top tiered. That's further proof sorcery need a buff
    Like I said, players like you i why nothing ever change
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

1: yes I have. And I've "beaten" them in 2nd column and lost to them in overall. I don't care about overall at all or I wouldn't use skimming.
    2: no I believe you could do a prec build and be just as good as any other power with prec builds. I believe I could swap in trans strat and hv/sa and do the same as any other power. But again, I'd be dumb if I didn't do a source build when it compliments sorcery so well. Plus it's more fun than others.
    You list absolutely nothing about your build/ your cr/ your paired arts. You say nothing about who you are comparing yourself to even. Like yeah, someone that's maxed is going to beat someone that isn't so I'm going to assume that's the case here.
    Saying players like me is why there won't be balance is fine by me. Because there will never be balance. Either make it work or go pick a meta build. Would I mind a buff? Depends what they change. I've found everything I need sorcery to do as have plenty of other players.
    Your initial post alone says jack about what needs changing. Do you want a bigger dot tick? Do you want more aoe splash? No clue. You just keep saying buff it and we're all sitting here assuming you want it more powerful because you personally can't make the loadout you want to work well. Maybe if you posted some info, we could help you.
    • Like x 4
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Go to the test server, write down the tests with Earth, Gadgets and Sorcery, post the video results here and then we can say what is needed, Sorcery buff.... or maybe the problem is in how you play. In the meantime, you just created several topics with unfounded statements and requirements.
    • Like x 2
  20. ALB Dedicated Player

Guess you didn't see why I said sorcery is terrible. The 2 I posted is a 300 power that dont benefit from power interactions and another 300 power that has a 6 sec cast. How about sorcery have the worse dps sc in gamd. Powers that can miss. A 300 st power that is terrible. It's an entire laundry list and you keep talking about 1 artifact. Sorcery is terrible and you think it's good because you're beating pugs in 30-40 min fgsr runs