Sorcery Improvements

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lights Derp, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Lights Derp Loyal Player

With the weapon mid-range and compound power improvements around the corner, I think now is a good time to start the discussion regarding what we would like to see. Any input is welcome! So let's start, my list is as follows.

1. This is my main gripe. Fury needs to not miss, if a dmg reduction is necissary to make this happen I will be more then willing to take it. Or even a dmg/power reduction so he works a little more like Crystal.

2. Soul Well: Currently this provides a 3% crit buff when an enemy dies near it that lasts 1 min. I would like to see this effect stack up to 3 times so that it works similar to other classes crit chance buffs.

3. WoD: Make the CD timer standardized with other weapon buffs, and allow it's PI to apply to multiple targets. I would love to see a stat buff added to it either prec or might but I don't think that would happen without the loss of the proc effect which I would not like to see go away.

Those are my big three hopes, what would everyone else like to see?
    • Like x 2
  2. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I don't think were going to actually see much, I think their just adjusting the pet and upping damage on the powers... I would think the only powers that might see "massive" changes are the Damage Over Time powers.
  3. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

When I realized how bad WoD was, I swapped it for Karmic Backlash. It's quick and you can clip with offering and put BK on a group. More reliable imo
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I had a thread up on this for both pet classes.
    All y'all did was give me crap.
    Have some crap back.

Terrible ideas :p

Just kidding but if I may:

If weapon of Destiny is touched, it should have a 10% might buff due to the cooldown imo.

Soul Storm and Soul Barrage need a damage increase.
    Soul Barrage should be like Shards in Earth: give it a PI benefit or damage increase from RSA.
    Soul Storm is a channelled power that does roughly the same amount of damage as transmute, if it doesn't crit large. I would ask for this to be weapon mastery excluded as it does crit with the window, but also made stronger than Transmute and Shard of Life. Why?
    It can miss the target and it is channelled as long as a finisher.
    As it stands, they both arent worth the 1600+ power you spend at current CR for the damage you get from them.

Final Ruin is a finisher and should get the same treatment as the others in past updates.

Vengeance.. take away the GSA effect and let it either maintain RSA or just give a big hit to wipe RSA

Karmic Backlash is another useless ability outside of PvP. Give that a d.o.t and a damage increase then it's good to go.

I did some looking into power costs for Sorcery, and nothing goes above 1550 power at cr 158 so you're fine with power.

Anyway toodles, Derp. ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Lights Derp Loyal Player

That is what I would like. Currently with its roughly 8 second duration it procs 4 times on hit which happens very fast, the rest of the CD is wasted. If it was made more like Menace or Intimidate where it has a chance to proc at any time during its duration, I believe that would be better for the power itself.

I agree I doubt much will happen beside dmg boosts, but a guy can hope lol
    • Like x 1
  6. Lights Derp Loyal Player

The dmg from the power itself is actually really good! I'm just not a fan of the short cool down.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Always a fan if options! I just hate channels lol.

Thanks for the input bud
    • Like x 1
  8. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

With #Statsmatter, the pet powers may find themselves very limited on how much damage they can eek out, since the main source of damage will still be limited by CR, while everyone else can buff up with SP, mods, and consumables. I think that will be the time to start looking at pet powers' buffs, not now.
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I agree fury needs to not miss. He's like a drunk monk sometimes lol

But I like WoD how it is fast cool down, fast damage. How it is now will net you more damage then menace or intimidation. And it really doesn't need to put a pi on multiple things cause with red soul aura the pi is on you for the fury and trans. It is a bummer if your running circle but I find soul well to be a bit bette. Iif you changed WoD you'd have to change all the powers like it to apply pi's to multiple targets and I don't see that happening.

What would be nice would be for soul well to give you a crit boost while it's out not when things die.
    • Like x 4
  10. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I've personally dropped circle all together. The double tick dmg is nice for stationary bosses, but with bosses that don't stand still Soul Well or Shards or even extra Transmutes net more dmg overall lol.

I like the idea of having the crit buff from soul well active just by having it out and not requiring mob death, would make it much better on single bosses.

Thanks bud!
    • Like x 2
  11. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I understand that. This was meant as more of a QOL discussion over the power in general and not as a list of demands on how to buff the power lol
    • Like x 2
  12. Gimpy Loyal Player

ROTFPMSSLMAO!!!

A thread wanting the OP PET Powers to be STRONGER??

I am betting you are still saying Quantum is fine while CRYING for YOUR OP PET POWER to be BUFFED in some manner.
  13. VioletSorceress Committed Player

From what I know, Soul Wells' crit effects are already stack able but its hard to actually pull it off. And even then its a useless slow DoT. DoTs are meh in current gameplay.

WoD is an awesome clipping tool and should always be in loadouts. The real purpose of WoD is to clip Shard Of Life more often.
    Both are perfect the way there are now. With little research you would know that there is no Weapon Buff in the game that is able to apply PI to more than 1 enemy, I dont think Devs will make an exception just for WoD.

If anything, Id like to see Offering becoming beneficial flagged and being able to clip other powers and Pets losing a bit of their damage. That way speed and proper clipping will have bigger role in overall damage dealt.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Actually no.

I believe Quantum needs to be looked at, the time bomb dmg cap needs to be removed, and it should be given a short cut to give it some much needed burst.

But thanks for playing ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Offering being flagged as benifical would be amazing, but honestly slightly over powered.
    • Like x 1
  16. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I have an issue with Sorcery getting any update before Electric or Nature. It is already one of the top powers and an update would further separate it from other previously updated powers, especially if Grand Summoning is not included during the AM design of Sorcery.

Sorcery has to be the first power where a SC is considered part of the AM or when GS is used it will become so imbalanced compared to other powers. This has to be considered. If not, than, we will see more Sorcery players than we already due to a strong SC. For me, Sorcery should be the last power balanced out of the four that is left to be balanced.

As for WoD, it should process the PI on all targets hit with only one getting the might based damage or remove the might base damage and boost might or crit rate by the standard weapon buff percentages.

I'm just concern we will see an adjustment that will buff Sorcery further and really make other prior powers updated look worst than they already are against a skilled sorcery DPS.
    • Like x 2
  17. tinoman Dedicated Player

Big gun was not included in the am design of munitions. So i doubt that Sorcery's Grand summoning will as well. I feel they will do a big nerf to fury and crystal. And make the player do most of the damage by upping the damage from the tray powers and weapon attacks. But they would have to do a considerable update to trays powers damage and weapon in order to nerf crystal/fury.
  18. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I'm sure DoT powers will get there upgrade before pet powers, and we know both will happen after weapon mid-range.

If weapon midrange goes the way I believe it will, I'm sure we will see a reduction in pet dmg to compensate. I'm actually expecting it lol.
  19. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I expect the melee damage players are doing will be reduced in range, closer to what Light and Rage have for melee range. Anything outside of that will be mid range damage, which would be lower than what players see today and range attack would get buffed to produced similar results when in mid range. WM to be updated.

After that Pet powers would get adjusted in the same sweep, easier to do. I wish that would not be the case but I have a feeling GU60 will be weapons and pet power all at once.

Than it will be Electric and finally Nature (to many variables with Nature due to the form changes).

That is how I foresee it.

If DBG does any additional adjustment it will be powers that had some technical limitation (Celestial, Light, Rage, and Atomic). Maybe we will see some adjustment to SC and buff.

Hopefully the next pass, if we have one will be the last one.

I personally am losing interest in this game fast. Outside 20.16 is calling me. I upgraded my cop with Bike 1.0...LOL
    • Like x 1
  20. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

In actual Tunso tests, the powers don't hit where they should for, ranged I think it is... could be wrong on that. That being said the actual mid range past should also have a pre-adjustment to the pets (which from my understanding are going to get their overall stats changed to handle the stats matter phase.. which is why I used the phrase pre-adjustment) which might lower their damage slightly but other powers would increase to offset it (thus fixing some "bursting" problems but still keeping their overall damage inline).

Granted what they are going to do is all conjecture, but sorcery isn't hitting the true baseline of everywhere it needs to hit at the Tunso test (and remember right now folks are getting melee damage in mid range with pet powers this mid range update should fix that).